Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Lionhart the Medic (portrait 3a)

One thing Lionhart knew from an early age was that he adored maps. Just loved them. Looking at them, making them... Cartography was, as they say in the urban media, his "jam." It wasn't uncommon for him, as a young lad, to not leave his room for days just poring over ancient maps of long-forgotten lands.

So, naturally, when he became of age and his mom was all "Lion dearie, you need to quit these maps and do something with your life, I know this nice girl up in High Lagaard, real proper Overlord fearing lady, I think you'd love her." his immediate reaction was leaving his house within a week and signing on for the profession that makes more maps than any other- adventurers! (What's a cartographer?)

Unfortunately, he never got out much as a kid and wasn't too healthy to begin with, so when he went to a store and bought a mace they laughed at his puny noodle arms trying to heft it effectively (it was a pity laugh!) and gave him the offer of the century- "buy one bushel of medical salves, get one free!" He was very cross that evening, but nevertheless a Medic was born. He still has that mace, and looks at it wistfully about once a week, longing for the day when the physical activity involved in mapmaking will allow his warrior's blood to alight and heft the mace in the proper manner, and go from a D-Tier physical attacker to a C-Tier! Yeah... that'll be the day.

oh and your starting team should have landshark, fortress, and dancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

You sure you're gonna be okay without a Medic this early?

Lionhart's asthma was acting up that day, y'see...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

IIRC, the English translation said Derek and Angie were planned to be party members very early on in EO2U?

wait what noooooooooooooooooo :(

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Nightseekers do not need more advantages.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yes, but they also don't need more advantages.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
why would you use bows with a nightseeker, that's a bad idea

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Because the classes do different things.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Because elemental damage exists.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Txn posted:

Because the game is balanced by locking skills behind a level cap. You can't get Venom Throw for the first 20 levels (I think?), making the Nightseeker not that powerful at the start of the game.

Also, because Nightseekers are made of wet paper.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Elemental damage, being able to bind and guaranteed accurate attacks, elemental damage, as a generally really good subclass, elemental damage in order.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Junpei posted:

Hey, I just read some suggestions from a EO wiki.
Also, are Medics too useful here?

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Junpei posted:

Is. This. True?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9i3GulnTlM

• Locked thread