Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Hexer is pretty similar to landshnekt when you think about it.

Nah, I'd say Fafnir is closer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

AmewTheFox posted:

I know one of the Medics throughout the series bears a resemblance to Derek Stiles. Or at least, I think.

This guy, probably.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

Alongside Angie, and Hoffman was in the original. Not sure about EOU, though.

Hoffman was the guy who ran Ceft Apothecary in EO1. He then reappeared again as the Professor who gives Fafnir and Flavio their mission at the start of EO2U.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Tyty posted:

I believe there's also newer art of Derek and Angie from the EOU artbook?

You would be correct.

The mini-artbook that came with the pre-order version of EO2U also had these designs in it. IIRC, the English translation said Derek and Angie were planned to be party members very early on in EO2U?

The artbook also has Frederica with a redesigned outfit, who was also a candidate for being a party member.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

alcharagia posted:

wait what noooooooooooooooooo :(

I don't have the mini-artbook on hand so I can't remember if it said they'd be guest party members like Hrothgar and Marion or permanent party members ala Flavio, Arianna, Betrand and Chloe. The basic point is still that they were considered for some type of role in the party very early on in development.

The same page also has Gradriel drawn in the same reference pose that the other Story mode characters are in an earlier part of the book, and art of Frederica in a new outfit.

e: Arianna's reference pose, for comparison to Gradriel:

Rea fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 24, 2015

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
War Edge skills, in both the original EO2 and EO2U, require status ailments to actually do stuff and aren't actually slash damage (they're untyped for damage calculations, although I think they count as slash for conditional drops). I think that qualifies for at least some definition of "magic."

Also Landsknechts in their EO1/2 form have the elemental Chasers, even if they are complete and utter garbage.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

Disadvantages: not as hardy as a Landskenect. Smaller TP pool than an Alchemist. Not as high Attack as Landskenect.
Not as high Tec as Alchemist.

I...don't quite get what you want out of the class. The spoiler class mentioned there are very much "hardier" than Landsknechts, given their very high VIT and equivalent armor availability to Landsknechts. Not having equivalent stats to other classes makes no sense because EO has different damage formulae for different situations. Not having as high TEC as Alchemists doesn't matter at all if you don't have any skills that use TEC to begin with. Especially with regards to TP because TP costs vary quite wildly from class to class, meaning whether or not a low max TP amount is a hindrance is a matter of what skills you have. Highlanders in EOU/EO2U have pretty low max TP, but also have very low TP costs, consuming HP to make up for it.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

You forgot Ninja.
Although, like I said, they get a passive that allows them to work on the backlines, no sweat.
And aren't Nightseekers able to work on both lines with their knife throw skills?

Ninjas' damage output drops off really hard after the early game. Nightseekers are arguably the best consistent damage dealers in EO4. The fact that they are the best consistent damage dealers is offset by the fact that they are very fragile, and only their Throw skills work with full effectiveness from the back line.

A class needs to have weaknesses in order to be actually balanced.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

alcharagia posted:

why would you use bows with a nightseeker, that's a bad idea

I think he's referring to the fact that if you subclass Sniper on a class, and then equip a bow in the second weapon slot, the back row damage penalty for everything is eliminated? I think that's how it works?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
A Throw skill deals 224% damage (80 * 2.8) with the Nightseeker's Enlightenment, which is first unlocked at level 40. The Throw skills will always be terrible for damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

I'm just asking questions and bringing up fair points.

You seem like you're just starting arguments for the sake of starting arguments, and your posts read like you are desperately trying to not be proven wrong once other people chime in. This discussion about Nightseekers vs. everyone else is inane and pointless.

Junpei posted:

Like, for example is it feasable to have a more defensive Landy in this game?
You, know, put some points into Iron Wall, Weapon Parry, and Swordbreaker, subclass Fortress and other poo poo like that?

You could do that, yes, but there's better ways to build a Landsknecht.

• Locked thread