Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Medics are honestly pretty boring in this game for being really good at healing when the game is easily doable by being just good enough at healing. I also have similar feelings on fortresses seeing as tanks are boring in this game.

Gonna go with NS, Landshark, Runemaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Dr. Fetus posted:

This should prove to be an interesting run, considering Tyty's datamining the info. You actually can't find in depth info like that for the 3DS EO games online because until recently, nobody's bothered to crack open the files. You could for the DS games (Except for EO2 for some odd reason. No idea why that game lacks info.)

Also, I am totally for Skybound as our guild name.

It's funny, because their healing skills have really similar healing modifiers as the healing skills in EO3, and the healing formula stayed exactly the same between games. But Monks were really good supports throughout the entire game, while Medics fall off hard past the first Stratum. Wonder what changed.

Seems to me that the main issue medics have is that while they're still really good at their job other classes are adequate at healing while having bonus utility. Like dancers can passively heal while buffing and stunning, so why run a medic? Overspecialization seems to be on the whole worse for support classes.

Aside from just the utility thing, the skill system being level gated so you don't get "heal really good" until fairly late doesn't help either.

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 2, 2015

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
have no fear i messaged tyty with all of his typos ever

also i am very excited for butterfly's quest for ultimate booty

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
i think tyty noticed and got mad about it about 5 minutes after he posted the thread but never did anything about it

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
nah he lied

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Do they die if you give them carrots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Haha that is actually pretty fantastic, I never realized they thought through the quest outcomes to that extent.

• Locked thread