Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mersenne posted:

Given the vaguely Greek theme the city and its leader seem to have going on, I'm thinking Icarus would be a fitting name for our guild here. :v:

That's not the city's leader, it's the guildmaster. He's just some bureaucrat. I'm not actually sure what the culture of Tharsis is supposed to be like.

Bring a Runemaster, Dancer, and Nightseeker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The Untold games added their own huge improvements too, some that seemed so natural that going back to EO4 felt odd. Like, you can't see the enemy's buffs in EO4. I feel like the series has just been getting better and better over time (Grimoires aside, but that's probably just a concession to a fixed story party. I hope.)

I like the nimble fencer-type Landsharks in this game way better than the standard heavy knights from previous games though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

You sure you're gonna be okay without a Medic this early?

This was my first EO game, and I never used a medic on Normal. Dancers are pretty good healers.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, if the only flaw with the fortress is that you think you need a medic to accompany them for... some reason, then i think that's a pretty glowing endorsement of the fortress!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Have we actually heard anything about an EO5 or Untold 3 yet? Finding info on this series is bizarrely difficult at times.

EO5 has a website. That's all we know so far.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Dividing the tree into three sections by level was an iffier decision though. It makes sense for the proficiencies, but other than that it feels pretty arbitrary to me. Mostly it just encourages you to rest at 22 and 42 to make less stupid builds.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The form presumably contains more than their name and guild name. Maybe hometown?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

What's the point of a damage class that's bad at two things? Elemental physical attacks are a common thing, so there's no reason to make them explicitly cast spells.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

As mentioned, you have created the opposite problem: an overpowered class. Specialization is always better, unless you're giving up nothing to have both skills, in which case you're overpowered.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Junpei posted:

Red Mages in FF games don't learn every spell from White and Black magic.
Same here, replace White magic with Physical skills.

Yes, and if they existed in EO then there'd either be no reason to use them or no reason to use medics.

Edit: Incidentally, there's no reason to use medics because hybrid healers actually do exist in this game.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 25, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The easiest option is just to make the physical attacks scale with Tec, or vice versa. It might be kind of a boring class, but there's the flavor at least. And maybe it could have some sort of row switching gimmick to take advantage of multiple ranges.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Maybe I'm stupid, but I had my Nightseeker throw knives from the back row until they got a status proc, and then switched them to the front for massive damage.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

This was my first EO game, so I always imagined the Landsknecht as this quick rapier-wielding fencer type who kept poking the enemy again and again with the links (and obviously they have that "go first" synergy with their skills). So going back to the other games and finding them to be a totally generic Fighter person was incredibly jarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, I remember doing that too, although it happened long enough ago that I'm not sure I can trust my memories on this.

• Locked thread