Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
drat, missed the party creation because I was busy with TitS SC.

And, uh, yeah, Fortresses are completely nuts in this game. Best iteration of the tank class in the series, except maybe untold's Beast.

theshim posted:

I will have Words on the Usefulness and Goodness of Medics. :colbert:

Are they as good as EOU2 Medics? :v:

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Gamma Nerd posted:

I tried to use a Fortress but you need a medic to support them for most of the game so that's 2 spots locked up to fulfill one task, which isn't efficient. Dancer and [spoiler class] heal well enough that you can get around that.

I... I'm trying to figure out how this is possible? How does that work, I legitimately don't get it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Valid question, though.

So when you, uh, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS, will there be another vote? Because SPOILERS SPOILERS REDACTED.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Krysmphoenix posted:

I'm pretty sure that each Etrian Odyssey game has classes you unlock along the way is not a spoiler. It's in the interface. What those classes are and do...yeah, spoiler.

The untold games don't (I assume they finally realized how incredibly annoying it is or something), but yeah.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 16, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dr. Fetus posted:

They actually started being all hush hush about the classes on the websites starting from EO3. Well they gave you their names, but what those classes did were a secret. Within the games, they stopped spoiling the class names starting from EO3.

... ironically, this means that Junpei's attempt to avoid spoilers is more spoilery than the spoilers!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Spinny Landsknecht, Miffed Landsknecht, Tron-lines Landsknecht.

It follows after EO1 had Cursed Landsknecht and Japanese Landsknecht, and EO2 added Furry Landsknecht on top of it.

I wish the Other Japanese Landsknecht and Mecha-Landsknecht in EO3 were better, but eh.

You think EOU3 will have a MC focused on something other than physical damage, to make him different from Foreign Landsknecht and Power Ranger Landsknecht?

Hah.

Hahaha.

Hahahahahaha no, the MC's going to be exactly the same as before.

... though Fafnir's best attacks were actually his magic, surprisingly.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Just goes to show you how incredibly pimp the count is.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Junpei posted:

By the way, aside from Linkskeneckt's and Fafnir, there really hasn't been a "magic knight" class in EO. I wonder why?

... besides the appropriately named Warmage, you mean?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Junpei posted:

Simple: they aren't bad.
Ok, my class in my head (let's call it Rune Fencer for clarity) has above average strength and Tec, survivability around... A Dark Hunter, I guess? And acsess to second level and bellow spells and Landskenect skills. The advantage it has over a Alchemist is the ability to survive on the front lines and good attack for when it runs out of TP. It has an advantage over a Landskenect in a larger TP pool and stronger weakness hitting abilities. Thoughts?

So you have no real reason to not be it over Land and (in this game) Rune?

Congratulations, you have successfully "invented" Imperials.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Clarste posted:

Yes, and if they existed in EO then there'd either be no reason to use them or no reason to use medics.

Edit: Incidentally, there's no reason to use medics because hybrid healers actually do exist in this game.

To be fair, this is because Medic's level of healing is overkill. If it was more like "medic is just right, and the hybrids were dinky", or something, Medics would be good.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Make it overpowered as hell instead of weakshit.

As long as it does so in an awesome fashion, it'll be fine.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Well, level 20 would be nice, with the samba's combining with Sword Dance, but yeah, you're not really going anywhere fast until Beat Dance.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ShadeofBlue posted:

I feel like I remember a youtube video of 5 dancers stun-locking the pumpkins for over 300 turns, doing 1 damage per hit and stunning them literally every single turn.

Well, yeah, when you have 5 Mist Dancers, each with maxed out sword dance and probably blade flurry, that's pretty much what's gonna happen.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Junpei posted:

You forgot Ninja.
Although, like I said, they get a passive that allows them to work on the backlines, no sweat.
And aren't Nightseekers able to work on both lines with their knife throw skills?

You don't really use throws for damage in the first place. You use them for status effects.

And for murdering randoms with Venom Throw.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I think that's how it worked, yeah.

Not really sure how it's breaking the game, though!

Besides, like, simply mechanically.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Junpei posted:

At least not directly.
You forgot: Nightseeker's Proficiency increases damage done when the target is under a status ailment.

I seriously doubt that he forgot that.

Something facilitating high damage does not necessari-

... :crossarms:

-ly make the skill good for damage.

Particularly when there are other sources of it.

So I noticed while typing this. The I in Legends of Titan is capitalized in the thread title.

This bothers me.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 20, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Crosspeice posted:

:argh:

Nightseekers are stupid good, which is why I didn't use one in my latest playthrough, don't want to make the game too easy :v:

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh goddammit, I hadn't noticed that at all and now I won't be able to ignore it.

I refuse to suffer alone! :devil:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
No one is useless.

Some are simply more broken than others.

:v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Junpei posted:

Oh.
Sorry.
I haven't played an EO game, so I was just curious about classes and skills and strategies and so on.

... if you have never played an EO game, why are you arguing with people who have when they tell you that yes, you can do the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Jesus christ dude, just go to the EO thread in Games if you want to have arguments about classes. Or better yet, don't, and just stop posting poo poo about games you haven't played. This doesn't add anything to the LP.

What are you doing to the EO thread!

• Locked thread