Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

We shall explore and get punched by kangaroos!

Even if kangaroos should be better at kicking than punching but whatever I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

It's fine.

Relax and update at your own pace.

Enjoy playing the game with us :D

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

If you give the soldiers rare food, they dance happily and you get 2 extra medicas in your reward.

Don't give them ebony carrots though. Those are poisonous. The other rare food. Sakura Trouts, Golden Geese, Black Tauros.

Also, a F.O.E joining in a fight, the bane of exploration.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

SC Bracer posted:

Do they die if you give them carrots

I don't know. Ebony carrots are poisonous so why would you give them that.

You might not clear the quest. I've never tried.

Tyty posted:

Hah, I was actually unaware that that quest has varying rewards. I'll make an edit, thanks for pointing it out.

Four times through the game and I've only ever dropped off normal food. :v:

Well, the golden food is better, so you're going above and beyond the request.

This is also true of any of the gather over world food quests. If you have an option between the normal and the rare, and patiently gather rare stuff, you get more rewards.

Of course in this quest, the 'extra reward' is worth less than the money you can sell rare food for, but it's up to you. The soldiers celebrate, so I thought it was nice.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Grashbar posted:

You don't get an extra reward if you give them Ebony Carrots. Instead, if you go over the square with the soldiers again, you're treated to a scene where they attack your ship with arrows.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's magical. :allears:

Wow. I guess that is expected. But seriously, that's pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

vdate posted:

You can absolutely pick a fight with them killer rabbits!

As like as not they'll live up to their name, but you can do it! Most of the people I know made it a point to down at least one during the demo (which had a level cap of 10 and cut off just past where Tyty's at now, I think?). Just watch out for that hook and you'll be fine*.

*disclaimer: you may not actually be fine

Don't do it.

...well, save first, at least.

• Locked thread