Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Where's the cheapest place to buy a kitchenaid these days? I'm looking for the 6 qt bowl lift model, prefer to buy in store but I don't mind buying online, especially if i can get a discount on a refurb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
I got the refurb on Amazon, it's just what I was looking for. The one on woot looks great, but it's a 5 qt and I was really after the 6 qt model. Thanks guys!

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!

Empty Sandwich posted:

I was just going to post about sharpening... my dad bought one of these guys a couple years ago after reading up on sharpener recommendations:

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-in-x-30-in-belt-sander-61728.html

there's an aftermarket angle guide that bolts on. it still requires some coordination, but it's fast as hell and leaves a great edge. we just used 400, 800, and a buffer, and my knives are sharp as gently caress. it can also sit stably on its back, so that you can sharpen your Hanzo steel.

might not be good for someone who wants an unfuckupable solution, but it's versatile, cheap, and good.

Do you have a link handy for that angle guide?

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Thanks a bunch man, I've had that sander for years and I never thought that there would be a dedicated angle guide for it. Neat!

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
i just got a chest freezer, which food saver do i buy? target had a couple different ones at extremely different price points without much of a discernable difference between the feature set.

i'm not trying to do anything fancy i just want to buy bulk meats and portion them out before freezing.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!

tonedef131 posted:

people just like the look of grate lines

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
aluminum baking sheets will always look gross or beat to hell almost immediately, that's like a fundamental rule of the universe. trying to keep one "nice" will only drive you to the brink of madness

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Which food processor is best? I know the rule of thumb is "Cuisinart with >12 cup bowl" but I don't know which one is The One. It doesn't need to do anything special, just blend and pulse. My wife has finally come around on hummus and I'm keen to celebrate

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
welll ackshually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
allow me to mansplain,