Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Stunt Rock posted:

Gonna buy game, enjoy the poo poo out of it, get lost trying to explore and do all the sidequests, then quit after putting like 50 hours in and not beating the game.

Just like I did with New Vegas.

I agree with everything except the part where you don't get to listen to Ron Perlman reflect on your choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

khy posted:

I don't think this thread was necessary.

Nor do I believe that the people who post in it are stable.

what qualifies a necessary thread

also rude

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is "stable people" some kind of brony slang?

whats a brony

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

this thread:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

thats this thread

thank you, i'm home

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Eonwe posted:

whats a brony

Nothing you want.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Eonwe posted:

im going to make rick from rick and morty

he is going to have the party boy perk so he can drink a lot and he is gonna have high intelligence and luck

Sounds epic, keep us updated. But could you please use your shift key in the future?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

nightwisher posted:

"Ponies built nukes?" Not exactly, there is an invention called a "megaspell" that amplifies magical power to a devastating amount, and Equestrian megaspells are actually big chambers that unicorns walk into and channel their magic into to fire it, so its sort of not a nuke. The Zebra (yes the enemy of equestria in the war was the zebras) managed to make their own megaspells that enhanced alchemical weapons, thus creating balefire bombs. "They can't hold guns" a good point, but one that is easily refutable because it was thought of. Equestria (and probably the zebras) had made devices to overcome this, and the one i like most is the battlesaddle, which is essentially a gun rack that holds a weapon on each side and has a mechanism to fire with a sort of trigger near the mouth. "they break a leg, they're hosed" Come on, this is fallout, set the bone and inject stimpaks (or in this case, down some healing potions) "barely had lightbulbs" they had jukeboxes and fridges in the show, in fact i think their tech was like 1920 or farther, its just hard to believe that people who live in cottages would have tech that good. "build underground vaults, guns, and lasers?" Well the laser is easiest to explain so, you know how "magic can literally do anything" well if something can shoot lasers out of its face, its easy for it to make something to do the same. Lasers are powered by a gemstone that is enchanted with a spell, nothing more, its not that high tech, it's just magic. If I recall conventional firearms were first developed by griffons and then made their way to Equestria a little before the start of the war, you could argue that they wouldn't be able to develop as fast as they did in their 3 to 5 decades of war, but meh. The vaults though, while they would have the technology to build them (its practically just lights and a door outside of the magical elements like making purified water), I'm not sure how they built so many of them considering they may have only had a few years at best to predict that the world was going to end. "Magic can literally do everything" While yes or no, magic needs to be trained for years that a majority of unicorns don't have time for (even in the show, most unicorns don't know very much magic) and two thirds of the population doesn't have access to this luxury, so they invent. Plus if you trained someone for years just for them to die in their first battle, you've wasted a perfectly good soldier who shouldn't have been in the front of the battle. Ooh god this is long, but hopefully this sheds some light on how parts of it aren't bad and some of it is well thought out

Looks like our pal nightwisher has some lore to catch up on.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
*pulls down pants*

*shits on thread*

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Eonwe posted:

what qualifies a necessary thread

A thread about a game when we don't already have a thread about that game.

Making multiple threads about the game is unnecessary. If there's a problem in the other thread you should report it and let the mods step in. Otherwise we don't need multiple threads discussing the same thing.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

The Droid posted:

Looks like our pal nightwisher has some lore to catch up on.

please don't spoil me im really invested in this stroy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Squeezy Farm posted:

Sounds epic, keep us updated. But could you please use your shift key in the future?

no

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

khy posted:

Making multiple threads about the game is unnecessary. If there's a problem in the other thread you should report it and let the mods step in. Otherwise we don't need multiple threads discussing the same thing.

heys guys check out killjoy here

i bet you write "killjoy was here" in public bathrooms

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I'm trying to find the thread where people mock NaNoWriMo and I can't find one anywhere. What a terrible November

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I want to use Energy weapons thew first time around and melt all the Super Mutants with my legion of modified Laser and Plasma Rifles while I build cool towns.

Hafl
Mar 17, 2009

Why yes, I am a crazy cat lady.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is "stable people" some kind of brony slang?

Not as far as I'm aware.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

*pulls down pants*

*shits on thread*

mods

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

khy posted:

This is the only sane thing I've read on this site in months. Thank you.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
There better be another Boone.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

khy posted:

As previously established, this is a chill thread for discussing the real Fallout 4, Fallout Equestria by the fan group known as The Overmare Studios, based on the fanfiction, Fallout Equestria. Please do not confused Fallout Equestria with Bethesda's Fallout 4.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

*pulls down pants*

*shits on thread*

How do you know its poo poo? Its not even out yet.

pz_breath_loop1
Jan 20, 2008
Cauterize and Expunge
THank you for making a thread for stable gamers like myself - who have meltdowns when someone says they think the product that I am obsessing over might not be that great.
Glad to see there are other like minded gamers ITF o7

Hafl
Mar 17, 2009

Why yes, I am a crazy cat lady.

Old Story posted:

I'm trying to find the thread where people mock NaNoWriMo and I can't find one anywhere. What a terrible November

Nanowrimo is a noble pursuit.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
lol at the driveby shitposting from butthurt FO4 thread denizens

Vaga
Feb 21, 2014
Is there a perk chart out there yet that shows the level requirements?

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Hafl posted:

Nanowrimo is a noble pursuit.

How's your MLP/Mass Effect/fast-zombie opus coming along

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Byolante posted:

I would be totally unsurprised if since its still running on gamebryo you could very easily drag across your macho man randy savage dragons and pony skins
Going to be extremely disappointed if that one goon does not port his Bob Ross follower mod from Skyrim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo7oU6qNae4

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The thread that is a safe place to have meltdowns because weapons don't look realistic or have meltdowns because someone else thinks the weapons don't look realistic is over there somewhere

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

nightwisher posted:

lol at the driveby shitposting from butthurt FO4 thread denizens

same lol. i'm laughing so hard while being an emotionally stable individual. glad theres a thread for stable people who know that this product is gonna be awesome!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

same lol. i'm laughing so hard while being an emotionally stable individual. glad theres a thread for stable people who know that this product is gonna be awesome!

im not buying the game im here for the spergin'

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Vaga posted:

Is there a perk chart out there yet that shows the level requirements?

There are no 'level requirements' AFAIK.

The perk chart that was posted shows what SPECIAL stat you need to get each of the perks; if you stick 10 points into luck from the beginning you can get any perk in the luck tree.

pz_breath_loop1
Jan 20, 2008
Cauterize and Expunge
Stable gamer here, sure can't wait to unbox my $280 pip boy edition and love the drat product!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
This video game might be fun or it might be bad but I bought it and I hope it's fun, thanks for reading

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

this is also a place for stable people who dont think its going to be awesome

namaste

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

The Droid posted:

I don't know but this thread sure won't :rimshot:

I was kind of hoping that I could ask some basic questions about a video game without it devolving into people making declarative statements at each other while trying to get onto a rhetorical high ground, but that's too much to ask for anymore.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
i think what i most look forward to in fallout four is bethesda's liquidation

Vaga
Feb 21, 2014

khy posted:

There are no 'level requirements' AFAIK.

The perk chart that was posted shows what SPECIAL stat you need to get each of the perks; if you stick 10 points into luck from the beginning you can get any perk in the luck tree.

Sorry, I meant for the subsequent ranks of each perk.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I think that the game will probably have good things about it but not do enough new things or have as much atmosphere as NV or even Skyrim but I will probably buy it while bored on a weekend night and enjoy it for 40 hours and generally feel the same level of "that was pretty ok" that I felt after playing Fallout 3. Thank you for reading this post.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I have been less than impressed with bethesda writing in the past so I'm going to wait and see on this one. Witcher 3's awesome quest writing kind of soiled me on the whole bethesda "we learned nothing but we know you'll buy it if we churn out another one" game dev style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I have never finished the main quest in Skyrim and New Vegas, kept getting distracted by shiny things on the horizon.

• Locked thread