Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

We have all seen local bands use banners with their band name logo on stage.

How does your band do it?

The best I have come up with is using a projector to show a video or pic. Depending on the venue, it can be difficult to the projection make look good.

A friends band uses a sort of 3'x4' light box on a stand that has their name written on clear plastic with lights behind it.

What are other clever ways of making a memorable impression by showing your band name on stage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
One of my favourites is make a light box that goes on a stand, it is just awesome in person and easy to make, like this:

You can pack it up with your gear and no matter what venue you can use it, there is no 'oh poo poo' moment when you turn up with a 20ft banner and there is no wall behind you.

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Getting it printed or written in a cool way on the front head of a kick drum always looks dope to me. Something super classic about it.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

We use an overhead projector. hth.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Not mine, but The Young Evils have three old TVs tuned to static with the screen blacked out except the three words (on three separate TVs). Thought that was a great idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fors Yard posted:

Not mine, but The Young Evils have three old TVs tuned to static with the screen blacked out except the three words (on three separate TVs). Thought that was a great idea.

I love that

• Locked thread