Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

criscodisco posted:

I had a car accident a few months ago and this car was the one I had as a rental during repairs. The parking brake takes a bit of figuring out, but the transmission can't be changed unless the car is stopped and your foot is on the brake. Otherwise it just spins freely.

While I didn't care for the design (it's too easy to spin it into L or N without noticing), it doesn't seem to be too far removed from this:

As far as bad design, I love my phone, but it has one major design flaw.

This is the phone:

The curved edge, while completely pointless, is sort of neat looking. However, since it's a jumbo-sized phone, if you have any sort of list on the screen (texts, songs, etc), your fingers are constantly opening up unwanted emails or texts or changing what song you're listening to, as it's impossible to hold in one hand without having at least one finger on the curved part of the screen. I really don't know why the curved part has any touchscreen capabilities, as I can't see what you would be doing that would involve touching that minute strip of screen real estate.

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

criscodisco posted:

Honestly, getting away from itunes was a deciding factor in moving from my iphone to my android phone. The idea of just dropping files into the appropriate folder makes so much more sense. Maybe I'm just old.

I haven't used iTunes with my iPhone in almost 6 years.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Melmac posted:

*tries to add single MP3 or random file to iPhone/iPad:

:smithicide:

As for their hardware, I did try to give the iPhone a chance. I really do like their build quality and battery life. But there was so much infuriating stuff about it that can't even begin to understand how anyone remotely techy uses them. For example: if someone e-mails me an attachment on an iPhone and I save it, where the hell does it go? How do I find it at a later date?

For example, during the month or so that I had one, a friend e-mailed me a .PDF. I saved it to my phone. I literally had no idea how to find it at a later date. If I tried a PDF reader, it wouldn't show up there. I guess there's probably an option somewhere to "transfer" it to iBooks or whatever the gently caress, but what if I decide at a later date to open it in Goodreader? And why would my PDFs be removed simply because I removed that particular PDF reader? :psyduck:

To expand on this, I absolutely love the design of bathrooms where you have no loving clue what's behind the door:

What's behind the door when you open it? An entire, gigantic bathroom full of numerous stalls, sinks, and urinals? Or a sole toilet by itself an embarrassed man or woman is currently pooping in right in front of you? :shrug: Open the door and find out! :D

You sound real dumb and perhaps not a techy at all hth.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

RideTheSpiral posted:

if you use hot water to wash your clothes you should probably kill yourself

Agreed, anything above low on a dryer as well

• Locked thread