Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Phyzzle posted:

If you're using Chrome, try to:

1. Open a few tabs.

2. Press ctrl+F, and type something, like 's', to find it on the page.

3. Click on another tab.

4. Press ctrl+F.

5. There's an 's' in a search box, but nothing happens. You click the up and down search arrows, and nothing happens. You need to take your hand off the mouse and press Enter.

Apparently, we can't have people repeating the same search by clicking an arrow, because that would be bad somehow. We need to disable the arrow and make you press Enter. To make sure you're serious.

This pisses me off every single day, thanks for reminding me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my VW goes through muffler bearings like crazy but my mechanic says it saves money in the long run

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Phyzzle posted:

1. Open a few tabs.

3. Click on another tab.

4. Press ctrl+F.

5. There's an 's' in a search box, but nothing happens. You click the up and down search arrows, and nothing happens. You need to take your hand off the mouse and press Enter.

Apparently, we can't have people repeating the same search by clicking an arrow, because that would be bad somehow. We need to disable the arrow and make you press Enter. To make sure you're serious.

ctrl + tab goes to the next tab
ctrl+shift+tab goes to the last tab

don't use your mouse to change tabs, problem solved

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Works either way in Opera. Also 1/2 switch tabs. Opera supremacy!!

loving websites that use the mobile (or even just mobile-inspired) layout for desktops. One specific page I wanted to use as an example got fixed finally, but you know what I'm talking about, ones with full-page images and everything hidden behind hamburger menus :argh:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Lots of gym equipment is designed by people who have clearly never actually tried to use it. I've seen a few squat racks out there with non-adjustable safety bars that are set too high for anyone under about 6'8.

I also hate the stupid towel dispenser that has just enough friction so that the towel will always rip when your hands are wet.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

MaxxBot posted:

Lots of gym equipment is designed by people who have clearly never actually tried to use it. I've seen a few squat racks out there with non-adjustable safety bars that are set too high for anyone under about 6'8.

I also hate the stupid towel dispenser that has just enough friction so that the towel will always rip when your hands are wet.

Yeah, or when if you grab a towel with just one hand it doesn't come out properly.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

The General posted:

That's interesting. Though why do you need to take your hand off the mouse to hit enter? Do you only have one hand? Or does your keyboard have no numpad, so the enter key is too far for your mouse thumb?

The other hand is pressing ctrl+F, so it's always starting at the opposite side of the keyboard.

Using the thumb of the mouse hand means either letting go of the mouse or always having the mouse a specific distance from the keyboard.

turbomoose posted:

ctrl + tab goes to the next tab
ctrl+shift+tab goes to the last tab

don't use your mouse to change tabs, problem solved

Doesn't make a difference. You still have to press enter to Find.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

there are no ear shaped fleshlight orifices

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

numberoneposter posted:

keep posting horrible bathrooms please

this is great, i wanna nest a sink on top of a toilet inside a bathtub so i can take shitbaths easier

throw a shower spigot up top you've got a one-stop scat setup

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
scatman's poop palace: your one stop scat shop

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i poo poo, eat and bathe out of a trough

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phyzzle posted:

1. Open a few tabs.

3. Click on another tab.

4. Press ctrl+F.

I use Jaws to navigate all my websites as I'm a paraplegic.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

numberoneposter posted:

there are no ear shaped fleshlight orifices

The sign of an entrepreneur is spotting a gap in the market and exploiting it.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Phyzzle posted:

1. Open a few tabs.

3. Click on another tab.

4. Press ctrl+F.

Push F3 instead of Ctrl+F.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I don't have pictures, but when I was looking for an apartment in Shanghai, I saw several where the toilet was inside the kitchen, to save room.

Cold water washing machines which are popular in China (and Asia), like, what's even the point of a cold water washing machine? "Oh I don't want to clean my clothes, I just occasionally make them wet from time to time"

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Farmland Park posted:

I don't have pictures, but when I was looking for an apartment in Shanghai, I saw several where the toilet was inside the kitchen, to save room.

Cold water washing machines which are popular in China (and Asia), like, what's even the point of a cold water washing machine? "Oh I don't want to clean my clothes, I just occasionally make them wet from time to time"

if you use hot water to wash your clothes you should probably kill yourself

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

RideTheSpiral posted:

if you use hot water to wash your clothes you should probably kill yourself

Agreed, anything above low on a dryer as well

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Any website which has some kind of tabbed interface (like gmail on the web) but you cant actually open it in a new browser tab.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Isaac posted:

They should give total privacy stalls but spray narcan through the air and block wifi so noones jackin it.

best post in thread

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

The arc du triomphe is definitely the world most brutal roundabout.

12 arterial roads and approximately 10 unmarked lanes

this is why isis attacked

Princess RALPH!!
Apr 28, 2009

The Whole Internet posted:

hard plastic packing containers that require a sacrificial finger to open

I bought a set of headphones that came in plastic package like that. The package wasn't the issue, it was the packing process. There was a double piece of white cardboard inside for the info/label which ran from edge to edge. Hidden within this white cardboard was the white wire for the headphones, which ran along the outside of the package. Thus when I cut through the side of the package to open it (saving my fingers annoying skin shredding pain), I also cut the wire in half. What reason could they possibly have for packing it like that?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

therattle posted:

IMy former workplace had HP laserjets. Fine machines. When I went freelance I bought an HP colour inkjet printer. What an utter POS. Constantly dropped the wireless connection, constantly gave an out of paper message when there was in fact paper. Generally rubbish. I gave it away and bought a Samsung laser printer instead which, once I used a static IP address, worked like a loving charm. HP printers used to be good.

I repaired printers while going to school. HP still makes decent printers but they tend to be bulk printing models which is not within the price point of normal people. All inkjets are garbage and every low end all-in-one tends to suck. For as much as I see people recommend Brothers those are the biggest pieces of poo poo. Samsung does make a decent laser printer though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CJacobs posted:

:agreed:, what a poo poo design decision. Either that or it's a bug that they just haven't fixed.

sounds like a bug

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Princess RALPH!! posted:

I bought a set of headphones that came in plastic package like that. The package wasn't the issue, it was the packing process. There was a double piece of white cardboard inside for the info/label which ran from edge to edge. Hidden within this white cardboard was the white wire for the headphones, which ran along the outside of the package. Thus when I cut through the side of the package to open it (saving my fingers annoying skin shredding pain), I also cut the wire in half. What reason could they possibly have for packing it like that?

hosed up if true. Did the store or company replace them?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Farmland Park posted:

You dont know what soap is do you Einstein.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

this is a metaphor for marriage. at the end is death

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

this is a metaphor for marriage. at the end is death

ride the death spiral :unsmigghh:

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Looks like I need to go pick up a carton of milk from the nearest store. Ugh, but my car will not start! Let's see if I can walk/take the bus/ride a bike to the store....

Hmmm... Nope.

Nope.

Lol, loving NOPE!:negative:

gently caress you society and your gently caress ugly suburbs and your total reliance on cars. This is every day of my loving life. Death to western society, death to suburbs, death to America.

Aloha Snackbar.

LEECHING IMAGES IS A NO-NO...

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 9, 2016

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I like suburbs

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nutsngum posted:

You're an idiot. EPA results are based on specific tests that rarely emulate actual driving conditions accurately. It's not "anecdotal" evidence when people enmasse calculate their consumption and find it to have been greater then the EPA reports.

This is from a few pages ago but dude gently caress off with this 'the only real cars are manual.' Yeah alright you probably get slightly better gas mileage and the car is slightly lighter but clearly you don't drive in big city traffic. Automatic is just better and easier in those conditions, sorry.

Melmac posted:

This got me thinking. Why the hell do headlights not automatically turn off when you take the key out of the ignition and close the doors? At least make "auto turn off" an option.

I'm trying to think of a scenario where I'd need the headlights on but I also need my keys out of the car.

Mine do :)

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 19, 2015

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

blugu64 posted:

I like suburbs

You are a bad person and the earth is dying because of you personally.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Not only that but mine only turn on when they detect not-direct-sunlight, and it has an override for me to manually force them on in case I find a scenario where I need headlights on but keys out of the car (which I haven't). It also keeps the lights on for about a minute after you get out of the car so you can see what you're doing at night, which is nice.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Not only that but mine only turn on when they detect not-direct-sunlight, and it has an override for me to manually force them on in case I find a scenario where I need headlights on but keys out of the car (which I haven't). It also keeps the lights on for about a minute after you get out of the car so you can see what you're doing at night, which is nice.

I have heated leather seats

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Skeleton King posted:

Nope.

Lol, loving NOPE!:negative:

Looking at this is filling me with a creeping existential dread.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Darth123123 posted:

I have heated leather seats

I have heated and cooled leather, front and back.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

My front and back leathers are cooled or headed depending on what I recently ate.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

Looking at this is filling me with a creeping existential dread.

Don't worry, this'll cheer you up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

You are a bad person and the earth is dying because of you personally.

i believe this unironically

• Locked thread