Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

1gnoirents posted:

aw yeah well there is where i live

That looks efficient and kinda a modern art feel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Good stuff.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Let's not cross over to the architecture thread, that's too long and bad

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

criscodisco posted:

I guess my post was amusing for some reason?

I think he's saying Windows is superior

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Riptor posted:

we have male and female signs for bathrooms but i think there should also be some sort of icon that identifies if the bathroom is a single person dealy or a bigger, multi-person bathroom.

Why

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jastiger posted:

In the upscale mall in West Des Moines there are stalls that are made of faux brick and you open the door and close it with NO GAPS. You're in the stall and its faux brick walls go all the way down to the floor on all 3 sides with the door allowing a small 10" gap on the bottom that goes up about 6 feet like a normal door. It owns and whenever I"m at that mall I make it a point to go there because even if I don't have to poo poo, I think its the best way to allow people to do their duty in a high traffic area.

So thats how I'd do it. Put the walls down to the floor, disallow gaps on the front facing door.

Bathroom bad design: those sinks where you push the button and it slowly raises back up and then cuts the water off. Who thought this was a good idea? All it does is make the sink harder to use and likely results in MORE water being used because you have to keep pushing and pushing and pushing.

Here is one that I think is poorly designed that we all deal with: Shoe laces.

Yes, yes, Velcro is for old people or kids or whatever, but its literally better than shoe laces. They never come undone, they don't snap or break, they can't be tripped over if they are left undone, and you can tighten the shoe up to comfort just as easily or in many cases, easier than shoe laces. Why shoes have these pieces of string that are nothing but trouble is beyond me. From sports to combat to even casual walking, shoe laces are the least secure and most infuriating part of shoes.

Score another for Des Moines!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Whole Internet posted:

hard plastic packing containers that require a sacrificial finger to open

theft deterrance

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

RideTheSpiral posted:

well brace yourself for this

well that certainly isn't theft deterrance

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Teslas look cool tho

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I exclusively use my ToMTom. No cell phones as they suck. Don't get gps op.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Germstore posted:

How can 02 civic have 60k miles?

* sat in storage
* used 1/2 year by snowbirds
* grandma getting groceries
* was broken extended periods of time

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

1gnoirents posted:

its for when you park at night in a dark place, this is actually something they added in recent times. But there is an auto turn off for (well at least, most) modern cars, even ones with manual headlights. For instance although I have manual lights only, if I walk away it will turn off shortly because of the chip in the key, which also affects how locks function.

I have lights turn on when I approach my car as well, like on the sides

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Grats on the gold thread op

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

strap on revenge posted:

why do 95% of american cars use the brake lights as indicators? you cant tell if people are braking or about to merge in front of you if you can only see one of the tail lights

those are just rear end in a top hat drivers, we have yellow indicators.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

strap on revenge posted:

some of the european and asian made cars do but they are mostly red

Whoa never noticed that. Like I guess I'm not properly tuned into annoyance. Like all American cars use a red indicator?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phyzzle posted:

If you're using Chrome, try to:

1. Open a few tabs.

2. Press ctrl+F, and type something, like 's', to find it on the page.

3. Click on another tab.

4. Press ctrl+F.

5. There's an 's' in a search box, but nothing happens. You click the up and down search arrows, and nothing happens. You need to take your hand off the mouse and press Enter.

Apparently, we can't have people repeating the same search by clicking an arrow, because that would be bad somehow. We need to disable the arrow and make you press Enter. To make sure you're serious.

I use Jaws to navigate all my websites as I'm a paraplegic.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Not only that but mine only turn on when they detect not-direct-sunlight, and it has an override for me to manually force them on in case I find a scenario where I need headlights on but keys out of the car (which I haven't). It also keeps the lights on for about a minute after you get out of the car so you can see what you're doing at night, which is nice.

I have heated leather seats

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A misanthrope posted:

i believe this unironically

what if I like symmetry?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A misanthrope posted:

no offense but i feel like that may be a brain problem

none taken, but that looks very efficient as well!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tipps posted:

That thing in the middle is a MegaChurch(tm), isn't it? :ohdear:

looks like a nice retirement village in florida or something. community center where granny can hook up with the old guys

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm gonna make my own browser

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

i think the macbook air is just too thin for magsafe to work well and thats why it's not on the new macbook. It works great on my pro and doesn't fall out. I am not looking forward to the crappy stress relief jacket to fall off and fray in a few years because Apple uses some evil rubber poo poo.

My bad design complaint has to do with apple

Seriously what the gently caress is this? How did they figure this was an efficient way to enter text into a form? The new trackpad on the remote is too finicky to enter text quickly, siri doesn't do dictation, and if you have to enter A then Z you have to swipe like 4 times across the trackpad. Shits not good Tim

You missed the millennial thread

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I read they were getting rid of the headphone jacks because they are too fat and phones are getting slimmer. Although I don't think I want a brittle phone that skinny.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Last Chance posted:

Most machines let you swipe without selecting credit/debit and choose after swiping instead. Not sure about BP specifically, but try it next time. Doesn't excuse those horrible loving machines though. The UI is usually atrocious and confusing. I especially hate the gas pumps that beep at you incessantly when waiting for input or for no reason at all.

edit: Just realized "swiping" might be an out-of-date thing depending on where you're from.. :bahgawd:

Do you want a car wash?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SLOSifl posted:

Credit processing fees are usually lower than debit. Businesses also pay a discounted rate for chipped card transactions and a number of other things.

Credit fees are lower? Lol dumbass

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Squalitude posted:

My PS3 manages to annoy me because it seems designed to make the controller I don't want to use be the player 1 controller. I have the normal controller plugged in and use that, and like to have a second controller plugged in to the second slot (usually one with a cord or a third party with a remote sensor in the second slot). Yet every time I switch on the PS3, using the normal controller, it always assigns the player 1 slot to the second controller, so if I need to be in the player 1 slot (as many player games insist on) I have to go through a couple of menus to reassign my controller to player 1. Purely an idiotic design choice made by an unknown idiot, isn't it obvious that if I use a specific controller to switch on the PS3, and plug the second controller into the second port, that I want my controller to be the first?!

I doubt it will be a problem with the PS4 though, since two player games are a thing of the past.

This is so nerdy I can't see anymore.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Let me tell you about my toaster. I.....just..can't right now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Squalitude posted:

I sometimes get confused between the reply button on Twitter and the back button from my phone. I'd think I'm a bit stupid but I really don't see how so many posters here confuse quote and edit.

Yeah

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Squalitude posted:

I sometimes get confused between the reply button on Twitter and the back button from my phone. I'd think I'm a bit stupid but I really don't see how so many posters here confuse quote and edit.

Yeah

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shadow posted:

Same with off and on button behavior. Does off mean turn it off or it's currently off? Status or trigger? A common UI issue.

For idiot bitchmade product designer who should be killed for even going with such a dumb concept.

When my light switch is in the off position, I get confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Laserface posted:

I dont, but sometimes my passenger does for GPS, or if I pull over to do it myself.

Don't buy visually obvious inferior products? Just spitballing

• Locked thread