Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Byzantine posted:

O yeah, well i would totally kill them all and that proves my moral superiority wank wank wank

I'd fight Lincoln

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I didn't say I intended to win

That's disrespectful

Just to say I did

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kanine posted:

this makes a lot of sense, im friends with a handful of ESL folks who learned it in the UK and they have noticeably British tinges to their accents.

Not to mention people in India and Hong Kong

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Acute Grill posted:

We'll never really know for sure. Though apparently the examiner didn't actually find any poison in his system so if I had to guess, it was a botched poisoning (either the poison was too degraded to work or he refused to eat it) and so they just shot him and the story grew with each retelling.

The popular story that the final cause of death was actually drowning is a complete fabrication though.

The drowning in the river bit was so the orthodox church or whatever couldn't beattify him

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=75431

IDK

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jabor posted:

personally, i would be fine with it if some petty motherfucker decided to make me rich in an ironic fashion

*jeff bezos drops shipping container of susan b. anthony coins on you*

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Uhhhh

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

Victorians in particular like to invent fictional medieval execution and torture devices, then show them off.

This seems to have lead to a lot of confusion and disappointment but also some funny Vincent Price type movie props so eh

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Or been better at it. Or had more circuses. You have to be missing on all cylinders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Furthermore Christian scientists have postulated that our sun will eventually burn out, much unlike the love of God who reigns eternally. But heaven's sun is seven times closer for extra life reflected back at you from golden gutters and amethyst alleys and beryl boulevards and chalcedony corridors an