Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
How could a single tendy do that much damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I enjoyed them talking about how the fans think that Mitch is dumb because of the bits he does on the show only to follow it up with all of them being genuinely confused as to what “pH 9+” could mean

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Goddamnit stop reviewing burger king.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I want to acknowledge Marisa Pinson’s “nerd ropes” joke on the Kopps episode

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Needless Ramblings posted:

I love a filet o fish because I'm a nasty lil pervert

the secret is that sopping wet bun

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Lol at Mitch on the Sloppy Boys this week. Great ep.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I'll often make the Sloppy Boys drink of the week to enjoy as I listen, as long as I doesn't involve buying something like a $45 bottle of liqueur.

This week I'm skipping the drink because I don't think The Lineup is physically possible, for me at least.

I could do it I’m pretty sure but not with the same speed and grace as Mitch, so why bother.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Binowru posted:

Always love when the Blank Check boys show up on other podcasts. I should really give their pod a listen one of these days

The Who Framed Roger Rabbit ep has the Doughboys on it and it’s pretty solid. I know Mitch comes off as totally unhinged about movies sometimes but if you get him away from Star Wars he has some pretty good insights

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Nemo posted:

You guys act like you’ve never heard a Susser milkshake episode before!

I’m just now catching up to the pod but as someone who’s enjoyed Susser eps in the past I got to say it’s time to retire the airing of grievances bit. It sucks

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
They can be pretty insightful about movies sometimes like when they were talking about Roger Rabbit on Blank Check but you have to remember that they’re baby men with terrible taste so they’re going to have some bad opinions on whether or not certain movies are gud or bad. I can’t remember what episode it was but a few months ago they were both saying that they don’t like movies set in the past and Wiger said it was because when he sees someone dressed in a period costume he thinks “it’s bullshit.” I mean it’s a funny opinion to have but not exactly a good one.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

where’s stu

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I tried to stick around with Get Played after the format change but I just don’t give a poo poo about new games. I should probably go through and cherry pick some episodes now that theres a backlog though

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Does anyone know if that Kalpakis James Brooks sketch that they mentioned exists online anywhere?

JethroMcB posted:

They've slowly shifted to only covering new games about once a month in the We Play, You Play episodes. The other weeks they'll talk about the franchise or genre of that month's big game in general.

The issue at the heart of the matter is that movie podcasts are like "Let me commit 2-3 hours of my week to watching this specific film so I can talk about it," whereas a video game podcast is like "Okay, to talk about this new release I need to put in at least 2.5 hours every day before the next recording, and then maybe I can cover the first half of the game." I suspect that's also why they have guests so infrequently now, not wanting to ask people to do a dozen hours of prep for a 90 minute recording.

At least with a video game podcast they can just play it a bit and watch a youtube video to get the gist of it, bad book podcasts are the real time commitment.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Has Mitch been picketing? I want to see picket Mitch

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Binowru posted:

Shamelessly stolen from Instagram, here's Doughboys Bingo.

What is the deal with Wiger’s spilling anyway? I’ve never heard of someone who’s that clumsy but only when it comes to carrying drinks

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I kinda got burnt out on this show and fell off it for a few months, are there any stand out eps recently? I want to reignite my passion for these boys

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
For me a lot of times it’s the food talk that makes me stop an ep and switch to something else. I guess I’m not as interested in “what kinda chicago eats” the guest likes as I was before. Everyone is right about the Gilroy ep though, good stuff. “I willingly smoked crack once.”

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think Gabrus’s advice about his sleeping habits would help Mitch a lot really. I would stay up all night and sleep till noon when I was in my early 20s but that would make me depressed as gently caress in my 40s.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I believe in Mitch

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

no level of obstinance is going to overcome a massive influx of glp-1, lmao

Nah I’ve seen it happen. You can do anything if you set your mind to it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Orc cum is exactly as culturally important as Moby Dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

The fact that people are messaging them to say the dog in the studio distracts from their timely delivery of jokes is maybe the most reddit commenter review they’ve ever received.

I thought that was just a bit