Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

I forget the context of that.

Rob Lowe is a creep, but a very famous creep. He was a huge get for their show, but their fans really weren't happy he was on. They apologized and donated some money to charity as a mea culpa.

A former WDTGP? guest dragged them for having a sex creep on their show, but not having a Native guest at any point. For context, when he (a self described Native) was a guest on Played, he was brought on to discuss Custer's Revenge, which he pointed out was in very poor taste for a wide variety of reasons.

imo both shows have always had a pretty excellent track record when it comes to the diversity of their guests, and it wouldn't have been such an issue if the boys weren't such well-intentioned, decent guys.

e: if we're talking about Pratt, he belongs to some megachurch that has had some interesting opinions on LGBTQ+ issues, he likes to hunt, and he was photographed wearing a Gadsden flag shirt. Most of the people who have worked with him seem to agree he's a pretty cool guy though, so who knows. People are complicated.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I am going to watch it, and I'm going to leave a 5 star review on Amazon where I talk about how handsome and nice Cowan is.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

Chris Pratt seems very charming, kinda like in a Tom cruise way. Less crazy but still with bad opinions

I almost always enjoy him in whatever he's in, and he's a charismatic, goofy guy. Like most actors, he's also a big dumb idiot. God willing, he's not on some Jim Caviezel poo poo, but he's a dope. A big dopey dope.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I listened to Tom's audio book at work, and I thought it was a loving home run. Very highly recommended if you've ever enjoyed his stuff. His chapter on those stupid coin pusher games and pinball was excellent.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

Slide whistles are xenophobic.

First the SJWs come for Apu, now Sideshow Mel...

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'm in a weird spot in agreeing with every single point Clift made on How Did This Get Played and thinking he's an annoying dickhead.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Putting him on that episode with that game at that time of year was unbelievably thoughtless and kind of mean to be honest, but Nick has a pretty excellent track record wrt representation as far as guests on his podcasts go, and Heather strikes me as a very thoughtful person. But you can't deny that was a hosed up booking.

My problem was that says he's friends with Matt, and even if Matt was a big part of the situation, hanging a friend out to dry in public like that sucks. Joey said he only had two options: confront them on the show or walk away and leave it to another Native guest to have to deal with. No, there was actually a third option which was not to make your friend literally cry on a podcast lol.

Beyond that, his victory lap after the pod's publication was a bit much, in my eyes. It was 100% the right conversation to have and I strongly believe it was a big net positive. It was very, very clear that all three of them were contrite about what they did and I never thought for a moment that their apologies were remotely disingenuous. The weird victory lap he took afterwards felt a bit much to me.

I like Joey and how outspoken he is. I'm just some white guy, but my upbringing and life experiences have made me very sensitive to Native issues for reasons too boring and irrelevant to discuss here. Guy is still kind of an annoying dickhead, though. His biggest crime was making sweet, sensitive Matt Apodaca cry.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Greggy posted:

i think because of the insane egregiousness of the racism in the ask he was right to give them the business the way he did

I truly believe that if he addressed the issue when it arose and pointed out how and why it was hosed up, they would have let him talk about on the podcast without the ambush. It's not something I would do to a friend.

Omelets and eggs, I guess. I said it was a net positive and I meant it. What do I know?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

indigi posted:

the weird thing is that I’ve never heard his name or seen his work in literally any other context so I’m left to assume he isn’t funny or interesting at all. like I heard about loving Danno on other podcasts before I started listening to doughboys

He's made a couple of interesting short films and did some TV writing.

Beyond that uhhhhhh he really seems to like Garfield?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

https://vimeo.com/120210464

"Yep. I made enough money to get my lovely wife back...Not to mention, my lovely kid."

(Dutton has uploaded a ton of Birthday Boy sketches to his Vimeo if you don't want to spring for AMC+. Dutton's so cool.)

He's so cool.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

indigi posted:

those Mario and AC ones look like poo poo

All three of those look like something I'd be okay having a bite or two of after my kids ordered it. We really only need, the human race I mean, like, 10 flavors of ice cream. That's a lot of flavors, and it would be enough to have a little something for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Plus he mentions Mitch as September Santa in his autobiography!

Still odd they’ve never gotten Bob on the pod as he’s super nice & a friend of Mitch. Guessing he’s out of town a ton in New Mexico?

I remember an early Doughboys where Mitch talked about telling Bob about the podcast. Bob's response was a mortified "why would you do that?"