Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Can't wait for them to comment on The Force Awakens' shocking lack of Constable Zuvio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Mitch is in the new Netflix show Love quite a bit, as a character who is passionate about fast food. It's great.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

mennoknight posted:

The first episode stunk. Does it get better quick?

It definitely gets better but if you really didn't enjoy the first episode then I'm not sure how much more you would enjoy the rest. Has a shitload of UCB/podcast-regular comedians on it throughouts though, if that sweetens the deal.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Today's episode is fantastic. So dark.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
If you aren't already subscribed to the Patreon, it's worth it just to hear the story of Nick's first wet dream in today's Double. All-time insanity.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Probably bad that I instantly thought of Doughboys when I read this https://twitter.com/nypost/status/854399913228152832

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Newest episode bummed me out by making me realise how great Harris would have been as a guest.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
This is great: https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/900842552261083136

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Impressed at Mookie's restraint at not whipping out his famously beloved Michael Jackson impression in today's episode

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Tomorrow's ep is KFC with PFT, even the Twitter thread is already great https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/902946155620851712

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agreed. I hope Wiger never gets another job and goes gradually crazier.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Neil's John Carter reference was the the other highlight of the episode for me. Lost it.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Underrated great thing: Mitch's insistence on making sure that at some point he mentions what he drank with the meal. As if he needs to record it for posterity so that future historians will know.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Today's Double is great because it's just them trying to make each other laugh, not particularly attacking or defending the film. Professional Cuck - Nick Wiger.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Prediction: the Han Solo movie will get mixed to negative reviews from critics, but Mitch will say it's actually good.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

cams posted:

i genuinely want to know how mitch financially sustians his lifestyle

He's got a pretty big role on Love this season. TV always pays pretty well, and Netflix in particular pays everyone a load up front to make up for the lack of residuals further down the line.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 16, 2018

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

PantsOptional posted:

It isn’t even that, because there’s still a shitload of things that aren’t on an all the way. It’s closer to what people might expect when they order a burger - mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled onions, and grilled mushrooms (although obviously those last two are a departure from the “default” most places).

Yeah, I've always found the 'All the way' be a really strange element of the Five Guys menu. Feels a little like they just chose half their toppings as random. Even having all three different sauces feels sort of strange, but that could just be me.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Honestly, listening to old Simpsons writers talk about the early seasons is like hearing about God creating the Earth to me, so I'm happy to do it for hours.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The thing to remember about any podcast is that if literally anyone on earth recorded hundreds of hours of themselves talking unscripted, there will be enough material to make you think they're a lunatic.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I mean yeah, one of the many joys of Doughboys is that Wiger initially seems like the weird one, but Mitch is ultimately way stranger.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
All-time great episode imo.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Genuinely don't know where Mitch finds all these online comments calling him dumb, fat and unfunny. Both subreddits are just full of loving praise. Maybe he sorts by most downvoted first.

To be clear, this episode was brilliant, and Mitch should probably read mean comments about himself before every record.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 16, 2019

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
John Adams waking up Mitch with his bell was an incredible pay-off

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Love them in this episode admitting they'll probably just do the show forever.

Feel like Mitch is seeming particularly chilled and happy at the moment, he should never leave Quincy.