Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Do it ironically posted:

He was way more antagonistic than usual
I think Garbus is the reason here, he's ready to jump on Mitch at the slightest hint of whining.Mitch gets agitated whenever anyone who's not Nick tells him he's dumb or to stop bitching and keep the show moving, and Gabrus definitely goes harder because of it. The live shows have the same dynamic, but with the added incentive of the crowd there hooting and hollering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

piratepilates posted:

two grown men don't know how much a litre of pepsi weighs? :confused:
I'm also surprised the dudes who set up a bracket where 1 cheeseburger fought against 2 cheeseburgers don't understand the elegance and intellectual history of standardized measurements.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

speaking of life advice how did the meme of wiger being able to suck his own dick start anyway?

He told a story of how he could do it on a High and Mighty power hour.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

haha ya didn't mean to imply he made something up. He tells the tale of how he can suck his dick (probably a combination of flexibility, body proportion and dick size)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

Isn't beyond still not meat? It shouldn't interfere with a vegetarian diet, right?

That's the idea, anyway. It's about as expensive/more than actual meat. And some of them were tested/developed with animal proteins, so not all the vegans are down. But in general, yes.

But it's way better than the Jack In The Box tacos, where they're cagey for years if they use actual beef (or even beef fat) or not.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

You can look at the ingredients for all of JitB's items on their website:

So it's mostly beef...but also chicken, then two kinds of soy filler.
Ya you're exactly right. Many years ago, early internet, I remember some vegan friends being all "It's all TVP! That's why they're so cheap!", and I remember Doughboys having some similar confusion, so that rumor was out there.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 19, 2021

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 23, 2021

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ArtVandelay posted:

Chris Pratt isn't the actual guest of the episode tomorrow, but it looks like they have a chat with him. So take that how you will.

OMG we will finally get to the bottom of this Doritos taco story.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ardemia posted:

Given Mitch learning to make bar pizza and bagels, I look forward to the future Doughboys chain restaurant that they will eventually start up.

I bought a bar pizza 1" pizza pan because of this ep, I enjoyed it a lot.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I'm more of a Blaze man myself. I _do_ like the Chipotle-fication of pizza, but it definitely has to be eaten immediately. The crust is like paper thin.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I never really understood there being controversy over their Patreon. They use it for income, pay staff, and pay guests. They still have plenty of free content and deliver the promised bonus Patreon content. They don't claim poverty or plan to switch to a pay only model, or threaten to cancel if they don't get more subscribers. They aren't a charity or non-profit and have no obligation to divulge specifics and given the nature of obsessive fans that probably wouldn't be a good idea. Where's the problem?

These guys both have patreons. Doughboys hides their $ numbers, and it's a long running HH bit for the doughboys to reveal how much they make.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ardemia posted:

. I guess its a commendable amount of knowledge for some franchise owner or whatever

I see someone's not a The Next Food Network Star fan... (they really should bring that show back, got a good stable of Guys Grocery Games judges out of it)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

R. Guyovich posted:

xiaolongbao is not taiwanese food lmao
Doughboys read the email from their One-China handlers too quickly.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

This stupid podcast got me out here eating Arby's for lunch (it was gud)

I'm so mad that up here in the Bay Area of California...Arby's is almost extinct. One bad one left. I grew up in Southern California loving Arby's, and I haven't had since back then, way before they had their recent innovation to make anything besides just roastbeef sandwiches.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 24, 2022

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Casey Finnigan posted:

heather said she doesn't like puzzles in games and that hosed me up for a while

I don't even get it. How do you not like puzzles in games?

As a person of similar age and nerdy upbringing as me, it is definitely her most perplexing opinion. What was PC gaming of the late 80s/early 90s if not mostly puzzles!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

R. Guyovich posted:

i wouldn't trust any chain operation with a sous vide setup. proceed with caution

IDK way, it's way easier than cooking raw meat out of the fridge.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I saw The Birthday Boys in a mexican place before a show of theres like 8 years ago and I awkwardly walked over to Kilpakis and said he did the Greek-American community proud and he was really weirded out and it haunts me to this day.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

indigi posted:

lmao well that's a very weird thing to say in possibly the weirdest venue to say it

Lol I'm very Greek, I introduced myself as Manoli. Thought it would be a fun connection. Was obviously horribly mistaken.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

God, it truly was the best sketch of the last decade.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Poopy Palpy posted:

A Simple Glass of Milk is a perfect sketch. https://vimeo.com/189041644

Oh... Was it the milk? Cuz I poured your milk outta a bottle of Mountain Dew?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I went to High School with a guy who's dad ran Jack in the Box. They had a guy at the graduation dressed as Jack, it was very unsettling.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

bartlebee posted:

That seems like one of those memories you look back on as an adult and can't remember if it really happened or not. "Was... Jack Box... at my high school graduation?"

lmfaoooo 100% true, very surreal.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

indigi posted:

"With everything that happened, it kind of balances out!" re: Harris' 3DS Killed me

Agreed. The shows been good lately but this one was excellent.

eke out posted:

cum parsons
"Why am I watching this show?"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

indigi posted:

Is the Birthday Boys show funny? I've never seen it, but more surprisingly I haven't even come across someone on twitter or here linking to one of their sketches, even though I'm in and around people who consume a lot of Birthday Boys-adjacent podcasts and shows. the only time I even hear their sketches talked about is on Doughboys

Literally one of the best shows of the last 10 years. Extremely excellent sketch.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Binowru posted:

The final segment was the roughest I've heard in a while but Samoa Joe was a good sport

Lmao, wrestlers really are so mutli-talented: dude had real, true jokes for that absolutely deranged game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

it would work just fine for him if he could a) get it and b) be consistent with it

Agreed. I'm a moody, depressed dude dude who lost 100lb without juice. And he loves acting, he just needs the right role.