Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mitch finally calls out nick on flaunting his wife-having privilege this episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tatumje posted:

...My lovely wife Natalie told me I was probably having a panic attack, so I decided to walk around LA for four hours in a daze. I give Sizzler 4 out of 5 stars.
nick wiger is one of the most relatable people in podcasting, imo. well, him and sean clements when he starts to let the comedy facade slip and reveal how crazy he is.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

one of the reality show show episodes also feature sean very sincerely talking about how sad he got finding some kittens left alone behind a target somewhere in la.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

dunkin donuts' donuts are objectively worse than any non-chain donut i have ever had, and in some cases worse than the lovely supermarket donuts

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my favorite mitch thing is when he states his opinion then says "does that make sense?"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i think they nailed it with "buffet" as america's food

mitch's desire to bully wiger caused by his own intense self loathing and insecurity is in top form this episode.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the guest on today's episode brings out the best in nick and mitch.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this episode was the most i've ever felt sad for mitch

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on this episode of doughboys, mitch failed to recall the word "granular"

it is the second time in the history of the podcast he has failed to recall the word "granular" and spent a lot of time trying to figure it out

cams
Mar 28, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

I hope the entire episode is PFT dressing Mitch down for not wearing shoes and I don't care if it's his house.
i hadn't even considered this. if only it were a video episode, cause just seeing pft in mitch's apartment is an absurd idea in my head

i was very glad mookie went over his first appearance and why it was so bad, because i knew he was on and didn't remember when. i have never relistened to any of the doughlympics episodes and they were legitimately bad.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

Wiger’s song parodies have been incredible. He sounds so uncomfortable during the bit, and the way he immediately tries to keep the show moving after ending the music makes me laugh every time.
nick wiger is a musical genius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2df6x2YEeu8

watch to completion.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the dream daddy segment on today's double is top level content

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GraPar posted:

Agreed. I hope Wiger never gets another job and goes gradually crazier.
i really hope i get to see how mitch would handle the world of Dragon Age: Inquisition

cams
Mar 28, 2003

today was a great episode for mitch's unending defensiveness and spiral into madness and self hatred

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mitch is one of the best fictional characters in the american canon. sometimes it is hard to believe how little he looks inward, but he truly reflects our society.

i liked when he made fun of wiger for being autistic and the guest reminded him there was nothing wrong with that.

also thus episode really hit its stride when they talked about dunking heads in toilets and piss and pus.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

also thus episode really hit its stride when they talked about dunking heads in toilets and piss and pus.
was so excited to hear the first half of the "dunking nick's head in the toilet" conversation on today's double

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i like that mitch went to film school and acts like he has thoughtful critical analysis of media because it reminds me of this forum

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

i like that mitch went to film school and acts like he has thoughtful critical analysis of media because it reminds me of this forum
mitch being super defensive specifically in response to this post on the new double

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this podcast will last forever

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/916453774796795904

whole thread is great.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

great double today where mitch tried to convince nick that he was sick in order to gain sympathy and nick did not believe him

cams
Mar 28, 2003

double spoilerzz

holy poo poo the meeting nick spilled coffee at over a year ago was the boys meeting with netflix to sell a doughboys travel show... and netflix said they wanted it. apparently the person who bought it left netflix and the new person who came in did not want to continue any of their projects in development.

there was an episode where they mentioned having just come back from a meeting about a deal that fell through, that was in reference to this.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nick said he thought the pilot they made was actually really good, and he seems to hate almost everything comedic that he's ever been involved in. so maybe it would've been great.

susser brought up that the famed "fight" episode happened right after they got the first signs that the deal was gonna fall through. sad story :(

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/RicFlairSEXBOT9/status/921106126950883328

cams
Mar 28, 2003

what are your guys' favorite episodes for mitch's rationalizing his awful work ethic and consistently terrible decision making?

i like the tournament of chompions chicken fight mcdonalds vs panda express where mitch tries to argue that it was actually fran gillespie's fault that he only gave her 2 hours notice to eat for the podcast. he also tries to blame nick for it.

also the second in n out episode where mitch didn't book a guest for the final week of his "sinister six" gimmick and he goes off on a long rant about how hard it was for him to book guests for 6 weeks. he also blames wiger for this.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

HOLD ON TO YOUR loving BUTTS

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/923243702759198720

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

I’m cautiously optimistic, but a shrimp-eating competition sounds like a miserable podcast experience for everyone involved.
i am hoping they keep it super simple and podcast friendly, like they put on hour on the clock and then whoever eats the most shrimp over that time wins. just carry on with regular podcast antics while mitch and hayes pound back shrimp, the other two having admitted to not being good at eating.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

gently caress. Not only is it live at the restaurant, but it also sounds like complete poo poo.
i still loved it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my only criticism of the episode was that hayes was a bit terse with angel

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

I would’ve preferred for them to record afterwards and listen back to little snippets of the live stuff while recounting the events, just like the format of the live episodes of Analyze Phish.

How many times do they have to be told that on-mic chewing noises gross out a significant portion of listeners? It’d be one thing if they were trolling the audience, but it seems like they legitimately don’t understand what makes the show fun to listen to. My favorite moment was Sean flat-out saying that he was just going to eat normally and thought the competition aspect was a bad idea.
they constantly talking about being aware that it really bothers some people

based on this we can assume that they do not give a gently caress about those people

cams
Mar 28, 2003

today's drop was my favorite kind of drop

cams
Mar 28, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

Claim to fame: you can hear me faintly shout ONE QUARTER PORTION to Nick, I will claim that applause break for myself.
gross

edit: one of my favorite things about comedy podcasts is hearing professional comedians out themselves as having embarassing grasps of science or history

mitch delivers big in this ep

cams fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 7, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on the how did this get made with the doughboys, they went to audience questions after like half an hour, so that was all i heard of it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

holy poo poo, the acoustics at the ucb sunset are garbage

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/933406204570693632

If they say anything bad about any of these I'll be pissed!

they should have reviewed the most pupular fast food resturaunt in texas, In n Out.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

another episode where a woman finds it hilarious to make jokes about the very idea of dating mitch

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dylan McKay posted:

Can't wait for Mitch's earnest unhinged rants about a childrens movie.

he so wants to be a child again and is so angry that the star wars didn't make him onr again

hey, surprise, the emotionally unstable guy who medicates with alcohol and takes pride in doing so may treat women terribly

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mitch is a dumb guy

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Popete posted:

I think Wiger was on to something about how Mitch went to see TLJ with noted Star Wars haters/skeptics.

mitch is every guy who goes to film school and spends the rest of his life thinking that he's tapped into critical film objectivity when he likes the things he likes from when he was young and happy that appealed to him.

mitch is one of the most fascinating fictional characters

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

I don't subscribe to the Double, does Mitch's criticism of TLJ revolve around a lack of "magic" again?
he complains about the science of the film, in the franchise where characters walked around on an asteroid in space wearing breathing masks

but yeah most of his complaints are that it's not the star wars from when he was a kid. tlj is pmuch a personal attack on 30-45 year old dudes who have too much invested in their "ownership" of star wars. i love mitch but he should look inward to figure out why he so mad that people like the star wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this new double seems like it will be a downer

mitch needs help