Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Been listening to this podcast since like episode 20 or something. Random thoughts:
-I'm glad they have the new Simpsons writers/producers/whatevers on the show as guests, hearing them talk about it explains a lot about why modern day simpsons is so lovely.
-I'm glad they have started getting away from LA area specific chains, it felt too regionally focused.
-I think overall guest quality has improved in the past year or so. Around episode 100 they had some marginal guests that detracted from the show.
-Nick and his ongoing "I'm going to work at Costco" shtick is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever
-Yusong is better than the Drop King but Emma is better than either of them
-The Doubles have had this pattern of being extremely stupid in the first half and then redeem themselves by the end for almost two years
-I will continue to listen to this nonsense until they stop making it and I hope I can see them live eventually

EDIT: Guest version of Yusong as he has been on the show for the year and a half or so has been great though!

Ardemia fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

mennoknight posted:

it's also possible he's joking you morons

Usually jokes are funny, and not a tone deaf statement from the upper class romanticizing the labor of the lower classes, but point taken I guess

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

I haven't given a poo poo about Hollywood action blockbusters for quite a while, but I'm very excited for Tomorrow War. And it's all because of that stammering, pumpkin-headed Masshole incel. It's it's... it's gud.

I had been trying to articulate how I feel about this movie so here goes:

Same.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

Two tour dates for 2022 just went up, pre-sale is tomorrow I guess?

https://www.ticketmaster.com/doughboys-podcast-tickets/artist/2546050

Gonna try to get to that Connecticut show even if I gotta be a real weirdo and go by myself

I'll be going to either Connecticut or Boston show, not sure which yet

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

See you degenerates at both Boston shows.

Also lol @ Wiger booking a British guest as soon as Mitch says "gently caress the British"

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

Given Mitch learning to make bar pizza and bagels, I look forward to the future Doughboys chain restaurant that they will eventually start up.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

Crindee posted:

Four grown adults eating ice cold marinara at home and complaining about it because the container didn't tell them they were allowed to heat it up. I'm yelling at my phone like a maniac.

Them not being allowed to use the stove as adults makes sense imo

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

He had strong "slightly older than target age range for podcasts comedy scene guy" vibe which a couple of other guests have had. I don't think that necessarily makes it a worse or better episode but I do think its tougher for them to have an even back and forth with those guests very often.

I'm glad he was on though

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

I made the "hmmm" sound at the exact same time mitch did at the marshmallow skeptic line because that is some questionable BS

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That was an extremely long Doghouse ad segment.

Given how halfass the guest's "passion" for food and cooking was, if anything it was an ad why you shouldn't eat there. "I didn't know I needed an emulsifier / binder for making sausage" wtf did you expect, that lean ground meat would somehow magically stick together otherwise? Thats like knowing you need to whisk your eggs for an omelet. I guess its a commendable amount of knowledge for some franchise owner or whatever, but not the person you want creating the recipes for your main menu offerings.

I was a line cook for years and a kitchen manager for a while, so I really like when they have guests on with any sort of culinary/foodservice background. I still feel like they need to have a real line cook or kitchen person on there as they get someone that is like 50% there on, and it adds a lot of depth and new territory to discuss, but then it never gets quite to 100% as it were.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

I wish instead they had Jude Aptitude on. I hear he is working on a sequel for his hit film "the 39 year old that has only gotten a handjob, SO FAR"

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

My ham-fisted Gino Lombardo references aside, I think this was their best ep with a "famous" guest ever.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

Tavarin posted:

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1479150803214495746

I think this is basically their first time back on Twitch since the Doughathon.

Thanks for posting about this, I would have totally missed it otherwise!

Edit: I was the guy that claimed to be 48 years old in chat, lol

Ardemia fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 8, 2022

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

they are thieves

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

I have an extra ticket for each Boston show this Saturday if anyone is interested.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

I thought of making a sign that said "I flew 1000 miles to Boston to see the Doughboys and all I got was this lousy Covid" but then I thought about people actually getting Covid and didn't do it and then people got it.

What I'm saying is I should have made the sign

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

+1 for misophonia isn't real

Now that they have done Medieval Times and Pirates Dinner Adventure, the final restaurant in that same archetype to is is Dolly Parton's Stampede (FKA Dixie Stampede). Really want to hear about the Boston man and California surfer dude experiencing that surreal situation. Bonus points for bug mane as the guest on that one

edit: stunt actor that played the pirate interview was gud

Ardemia fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 14, 2022

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

My cousin used to order a basket of just the extra crispy leftover bits at Long John Silvers that they talk about on the latest episode. She would eat them by hand after letting them soak in worchester sauce or soy sauce in a pinch. She did this until she was in her 20s.

I had nowhere else to put that but thought about it when they talked about it so now you get to think about it too.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

I'll often make the Sloppy Boys drink of the week to enjoy as I listen, as long as I doesn't involve buying something like a $45 bottle of liqueur.

This week I'm skipping the drink because I don't think The Lineup is physically possible, for me at least.

We had something similar to the lineup in college, well called them strikeouts. Its a ~1oz shot of whatever liquor you want(usually rum or tequila), a decently sized bong rip, then you hold in the bong rip while you chug an entire beer, then exhale.

Every time Mitch mentions the lineup I think fondly of doing strikeouts during college, if I tried to do one of those today I would probably need to take a nap after one.

Personal record was 4 in 30 minutes, don't worry though, I'm a better person now.

Ardemia fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 12, 2022

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

I'd like to know who in the hell the target demographic is for watching video episodes of this podcast, and I say this as a man who spent almost 4 figures to fly to boston and stay two days to see two of their live shows.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

I don't get it, is the made up guy Rob Lowe, Judd Apatow, Phil Rosenthal, or a fourth mystery canonical rear end in a top hat famous guest?

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

I heard that was from back in Gober's "Kaufman is a genius" phase and he had to face charges for a false death report, said it was worth it in the name of comedy.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

indigi posted:

Cybo man

Captain Podcast

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

I hope that defense of using AI art on the rudolph's roadside website was a bit.
"If we didn't use AI art we couldn't have done it" Thats probably the most bullshit line I've heard them say on this podcast and I've been listening since 2016. Like, the blatant hypocrisy of going on strike to protect their ability as creatives to not face undue pressure from AI misusing their work, then to turn around and do the same thing to another creative is surprising and unexpected from them.
When you also consider that they make enough money off of the patreon to pay someone several thousand to make the site with legit art from a real life artist and not miss any bills its even more ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

Fantastic start to Munch Madness this year, about time they covered Taco Bell for it. No, the other previous 8 eps covering Taco Bell are not enough!

Anyone know where in the world you're supposed to see the pre-headgum catalog after you upgrade to platinum plate? I upgraded just to relisten to some of the older eps and I can't find them on the patreon page.