Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Print all these Bengals smug posts out so I can lmao @ them again when they don't win a playoff game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Grem posted:

Ok I'm ready, someone give me my Andy Dalton av.

I was going to say "Ok" and give you an AJ McCarron avatar instead as a joke only I would laugh at

but I decided I wanted to buy beer so you get this post instead

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Raku posted:

I was going to say "Ok" and give you an AJ McCarron avatar instead as a joke only I would laugh at

but I decided I wanted to buy beer so you get this post instead

That's cool bro hope it was a... ginger beer...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

BrownThunder posted:

Print all these Bengals smug posts out so I can lmao @ them again when they don't win a playoff game

I can't put my finger on why but I keep laughing at this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Because printing things out is for dinoboys

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spoeank posted:

I think the idea of Bengals Smug is what's doing it.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
What's the protocol if they go 16-0 and lose their first playoff game?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

What's the protocol if they go 16-0 and lose their first playoff game?

Extend Marvin Lewis and give us all laughs for at least 5 more years

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Fun fact: the 16-0 Bengals would probably have home field advantage over the 16-0 Patriots due to strength of victory

https://youtu.be/e6LOWKVq5sQ

No they wouldn't because that would imply that the Broncos are not 16-0, which would imply that the Bengals don't play the Patriots at all, because they will lose their first playoff game, in which they can't play the #2 seed.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank posted:

It's because that guy is salty and doesn't know what the gently caress now that his team is number two to not the Ravens

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Cincinineteen and 0 Bengals

qtiyd

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

BrownThunder posted:

Why would you need to print them? You could just pull up the thread and read through them.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The browns suck so badly that I didn't even bother watching the forth quarter.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Manziel looks so loving good scrambling and is probably one of the very few people on earth that is that fast and elusive and can still throw the ball way downfield. Then Pettine said at halftime THAT GREAT AND ALL BUT HE NEEDS TO THROW FROM THE POCKET. Jesus christ.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol the next Bengals game is MNF against the Texans

why is MNF so terrible this year

save Gruden
Hue is going to do a straight-up no thrills Spider 2 Y Banana and Gruden is going to orgasm.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

No they wouldn't because that would imply that the Broncos are not 16-0, which would imply that the Bengals don't play the Patriots at all, because they will lose their first playoff game, in which they can't play the #2 seed.

:patssay:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Everyone keeps quoting goatse in the TNF thread. Mods don't care about Andy Dalton.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Fun fact: the 16-0 Bengals would probably have home field advantage over the 16-0 Patriots due to strength of victory

https://youtu.be/e6LOWKVq5sQ

Imagine how great it will feel to lose at home after a 16-0 season to the 16-0 patriots.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Goetta posted:

Manziel looks so loving good scrambling and is probably one of the very few people on earth that is that fast and elusive and can still throw the ball way downfield. Then Pettine said at halftime THAT GREAT AND ALL BUT HE NEEDS TO THROW FROM THE POCKET. Jesus christ.

I'm glad the inevitable Manziel to the Cowboys future is going to at least have him be a decent QB.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Watching Eifert last night made me think of Houshmandzadeh geeking out about how loving ridiculous he was for his size in training camp: http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Coach_Cam_Houshmandzadeh_on_Eifert/6bcdcae3-1036-432f-8eb9-fd19460c6dd4

Like the route on his third TD is pretty nuts given that he is a giant TE and how badly he makes an NFL CB eat poo poo
http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_COM/in-game-highlight/NFLCOM/REG/9/151105_bp_dalton_to_eifert_19_yard_td_336545_3200k.mp4

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Goetta posted:

The best part was when Marvin Lewis said they wanted to keep Manziel in the pocket too

Pettine was literally implementing the opposing coach's gameplan at halftime

BROWNS

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Jonathan Manziel is cool and good.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Goetta posted:

Marvin Lewis at halftime as aired: We have to contain Manziel in the pocket or we are in trouble.

Mike Pettine at halftime as aired: Johnny you need to calm down and stay in the pocket

Mike Pettine, doing other coaches a favor in the second half since 2014. Worst motherfucker I have seen in Cleveland at taking everything that was working in what is usually a solid first half of play, throwing it out the window then wondering why they have been outscored 55-3 in the past 3 second halves.

This is why the Browns can't keep coaches for continuity and repairing the image of it being a career killer. They hire the worst trash they can who HAVE to be fired "too soon" and it only makes it worse because the next guy is even worse of a HC candidate and repeat forever.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I literally don't understand why you keep him in the pocket.

Like, I was watching that game and my wife was asking me if that wasn't the kid who was always running around doing incredible poo poo in college. She then asked why he wasn't doing that tonight.

I mean, I get that defenses are bigger and faster, but you have to play to his loving strengths a little bit.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
John Q Football: He is all of us.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

JFF is a ton of fun to watch and looks way better then he did last year Pettine apparently didn't get the RG3/Kaepernick memo of "Play to your QBs strengths and don't force them to do things they aren't good at."

And Bengals fans, what happened to Jeremy Hill? His hype last year was huge. He looked really slow last night.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
JFF will die if he tries to make a career playing outside the pocket.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

OxySnake posted:

JFF is a ton of fun to watch and looks way better then he did last year Pettine apparently didn't get the RG3/Kaepernick memo of "Play to your QBs strengths and don't force them to do things they aren't good at."

And Bengals fans, what happened to Jeremy Hill? His hype last year was huge. He looked really slow last night.

Well, you probably can't place it all on this, BUT last year Jeremy Hill had Ryan Hewitt, a fullback, to run behind pretty frequently. We haven't run a lot of formations with Hewitt, and Hill isn't very good making his own holes, apparently.

But you're right, he doesn't seem to have that second gear like last go round. His longest rush this year was 13 yards, last night. Dunno, Gio's been keeping us afloat regardless.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

OxySnake posted:

Really? At the game he looked good. I think Hue's game plan is a little too pass happy and cute right now, but can't argue the results.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Goetta posted:

Watching Eifert last night made me think of Houshmandzadeh geeking out about how loving ridiculous he was for his size in training camp: http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Coach_Cam_Houshmandzadeh_on_Eifert/6bcdcae3-1036-432f-8eb9-fd19460c6dd4

Like the route on his third TD is pretty nuts given that he is a giant TE and how badly he makes an NFL CB eat poo poo
http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_COM/in-game-highlight/NFLCOM/REG/9/151105_bp_dalton_to_eifert_19_yard_td_336545_3200k.mp4

He's insane and honestly as much as I hate the guy watching Gresham alongside him in this offense would have been absurd

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
gently caress JERMAINE GRESHAM.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Jeremy Hill seems indecisive when he gets the ball. Like he wants to be like Bell and be super patient but the Bengals aren't really setup to do that and he is a different runner anyways.

To be honest he looks like Gio did last year and now Gio is back to getting through the hole as fast as he can and looks great.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like the Bengals but not the fans.

Pretty much like every other team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Goetta posted:

Jeremy Hill seems indecisive when he gets the ball. Like he wants to be like Bell and be super patient but the Bengals aren't really setup to do that and he is a different runner anyways.

Ah, Melvin Gordon syndrome

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

NC-17 posted:

JFF will die if he tries to make a career playing outside the pocket.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I like Raiders fans and Bills fans.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Anaranjado posted:

I like Raiders fans and Bills fans.

Raiders and Bills fans operate exactly opposite ends of Hanlon's Razor.

Bills work it the correct way around: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Raiders do it entirely the other way around.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Goetta posted:

To be honest he looks like Gio did last year and now Gio is back to getting through the hole as fast as he can and looks great.
Also, like Anaranjado mentioned, having a fullback really helped Hill. He worked with a fullback in college and had a great rookie reason because of Hewitt. Now, the personnel doesn't really allow Hewitt to be on the field as much but Hill still is. That fourth down conversation where they needed an inch is a prime example. Hill alone may have gotten tackled after a yard, but with Hewitt he got 5.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

I like the Bengals but not the fans.

Pretty much like every other team

My friend from Cincy/Dayton says that it's more of a Reds town, followed by College Basketball and HS football.

He said that the majority of Bengals fans are from Kentucky and West Virginia actually.

(FWIW? I do very much like the Reds. They're my NL team)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

My friend from Cincy/Dayton says that it's more of a Reds town, followed by College Basketball and HS football.

I believe this. Xavier is in Cincinnati, isn't it?

• Locked thread