Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

In regards to Manziel? I see a lot of promise from him, I just don't see a lot from this team that will allow him to succeed.

I could see the guy hitting wide recievers on the numbers.

Dude's got no weapons. None. Dwayne Bowe is glue factory material, Brian Hartline has been very "meh", Hawkins and Gabriel are short 5th/6th strings, Benjamin is not mean't to be the number 1 option, and Barnridge is really the only redeeming thing they have right now on that front.

Not to mention the runningbacks that he CAN utilize as weapons are being benched in the 2nd half in favor of a dude like Turbin who's a loving bum.

This team is a trainwreck. I'm just stunned at the philosophy that this organization has tried to put in place since Butch Davis has left town. It's been the same drat poo poo, the 1992 Bill Belichick playbook.

They need to get with the times. Quit drafting lineman in the early rounds of the draft, Quit trading down, and build a team like the rest of the loving NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It's because that guy is salty and doesn't know what the gently caress now that his team is number two to not the Ravens

No one has ever been salty about the Cincinnati Bengals football team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BrownThunder posted:

No one has ever been salty about the Cincinnati Bengals football team.

Marv Levy disagrees.

And then steals their offense.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Ross Angeles posted:

I believe this. Xavier is in Cincinnati, isn't it?

Xavier the university is there. St Xavier the high school is there as well.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

FuzzySkinner posted:

My friend from Cincy/Dayton says that it's more of a Reds town, followed by College Basketball and HS football.

He said that the majority of Bengals fans are from Kentucky and West Virginia actually.

(FWIW? I do very much like the Reds. They're my NL team)

It is definitely a Reds town but the Bengals are super popular as well. Their popularity was muted for a long time because they were an absolute embarrassment. I've always read that Cincinnati was absolutely one of the toughest road games in the NFL in the 80s but I imagine has always been people from Cincy making that claim.

Cincy is probably one of the best HS football places outside of Texas.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Grittybeard posted:

Marv Levy disagrees.

And then steals their offense.

Won't anyone think of poor Sam Wyche?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Goetta posted:

I've always read that Cincinnati was absolutely one of the toughest road games in the NFL in the 80s but I imagine has always been people from Cincy making that claim.

loving poo poo rear end Freezer Bowl

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

I believe this. Xavier is in Cincinnati, isn't it?

Let me tell you about a man by the name of Oscar Robertson,

e:

Goetta posted:

Let me tell you about a man by the name of Roger Staubach,

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Yesterday, Mohamed Sanu because the second Bengal to have a rushing TD, a receiving TD, and throw a TD pass.

The first? Andy Dalton. :kamina:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Goetta posted:

Paul Brown Stadium disagrees :smug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Atticus Finch posted:

Yesterday, Mohamed Sanu because the second Bengal to have a rushing TD, a receiving TD, and throw a TD pass.

The first? Andy Dalton. :kamina:

Andy Dalton should have gotten blown the gently caress up on the receiving TD but the DB was complete trash and went for the pick-six instead.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It's true, he should have.

But he didn't. :kamina:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Obligatory Handle posted:

Why would you need to print them? You could just pull up the thread and read through them.

He works in the Broncos FO

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I've seen too many lovely seasons to get excited for the Bengals yet. I probably won't feel good about the season until we hit double digit wins.

I'm seriously expecting an 8-8 finish.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
lol if anyone thinks manziel is going to be anything other than a journeyman back up QB who can't pass from the pocket(kind of important in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE).

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

warcrimes posted:

lol if anyone thinks manziel is going to be anything other than a journeyman back up QB who can't pass from the pocket(kind of important in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE).

Basically a more fragile RGIII that never learns the playbook so he just does the one rollout play or tries to bullshit

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think he could be really good

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007
I would like to remind everyone that Tyler Eifert is the greatest TE in football and those that doubt suck cock by choice.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Epic Mount posted:

I would like to remind everyone that Tyler Eifert is the greatest TE in football and those that doubt suck cock by choice.

gary

barnidge

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
How dare you besmirch Ben Watson like that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Goetta posted:

I think he could inexplicably become the one first-round “developmental” quarterback that actually gets time to learn on the bench. That's right—the most hyped quarterback since Tim Tebow will be afforded the luxury of development time courtesy of the Cleveland Browns.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Goetta posted:

I agree. When he was ol' JFF, he looked fine and it looked like his receivers knew what to do.

Epic Mount posted:

Sucking cock by choice is fine if that's what you're into and should not considered unilateral punishment!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sucking cock by choice is almost certainly the preferred method of doing so.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ozu posted:

Sucking cock by choice is almost certainly the preferred method of doing so.

Not in Pittsburgh

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

Raku posted:

Not in Pittsburgh

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Raku posted:

Not in Pittsburgh

:eyepop:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

Not in Pittsburgh

:iceburn:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
T-t-travis Kelce??? Are we still talking about good tight ends or did that go away?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Parmesan Basil posted:

T-t-travis Kelce??? Are we still talking about good tight ends or did that go away?

He's as good as doing something that some people would not like to do, but you do like to do, and you willingly do it by choice. I believe

Wait this isn't an implication of anything, it could be anything that anyone likes to do. Not "you" the person. Sorry if that was unclear.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 7, 2015

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Raku posted:

Not in Pittsburgh

Boom!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I found something Gilbert is really really good at.

Getting away with dpi.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You won 31-10 and you are still salty about that?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's kinda funny to see the Bengals posters slowly morphing into Seahawks posters territory.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

You won 31-10 and you are still salty about that?

I think it's funny. The ref is literally right there.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Cavauro posted:

He's as good as doing something that some people would not like to do, but you do like to do, and you willingly do it by choice. I believe

Wait this isn't an implication of anything, it could be anything that anyone likes to do. Not "you" the person. Sorry if that was unclear.

I understand your point and respect it.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

I think it's funny. The ref is literally right there.

I, for one, thank you for posting that. I wanted Justin Gilbert really badly in that draft, and it's good to see the horror of just how wrong I was.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I, for one, thank you for posting that. I wanted Justin Gilbert really badly in that draft, and it's good to see the horror of just how wrong I was.

That play happened in the opposite corner of the opposite endzone from my 300 level seats and we saw it live. I have no earthly idea what the refs were doing on that play.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

It's kinda funny to see the Bengals posters slowly morphing into Seahawks posters territory.

im so happy to see this post. it means the team's made it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Those referees were trying very hard not to make a bad call, but did, unfortunately. Might be inspired to do better next time... good poo poo... their next game might just "own".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah and it's awesome

• Locked thread