Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I have a venator and I'm actually a little underwhelmed by it. It's a great insurance policy if you're playing a bigger game and are worried about going up against a superheavy/knight/titan or whatever, but a squadron of two laser vindicators is probably better at popping non-LoW tanks for about the same amount of points.

I was just about to say this. Three twin linked shots from the vindicator are usually better than the two shots from the venator. Those two shots seem to miss way more than they should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

What world do we live in that the 135pt sicaran was broken

That's a neat idea, but you can't attach ICs to militia allies unless you're sworn bros. Nice cult rabble in the second picture! Do you have more hot pix of those?

Alpha Legion and Milita have one of those dumb asymmetric ally relationship on the matrix. They're sworn brothers in one direction and fellow warriors in another. Of course it's not explained anywhere how this works specifically.

I'm interpreting it to mean sworn brothers when AL are doing things to militia (joining, applying warlord traits/psychic powers), but not the other way around. An AL squad wouldn't tolerate being joined/led by a militia commander. I'd love more clarity if that's not the way it works though!

Not a lot of good pics of militia yet, but here's one of a few weeks ago when I was running the sacrificial offering ROW. That part of my army is quickly expanding and should have more pics soon.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Rad. Speeders are one of those units that seem amazing on paper but no one seems to use.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Lord Twisted posted:

drat son what are those chaos beasts? Me likey

Roll on over to puppetswar.eu and look up "barghest"

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Last night was also Chaplain Skully's debut!

Him and his squad collected more than 20 skulls, so he's pretty happy.

36 by my count! Fun game would slam hams again.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Found some militia siege guns from maxmini that look good and feel scale appropriate. The forgeworld ones look cool but feel oversized to me.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
]

Is this a cupola Y/N?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Phew, that's a relief!

Can I upgrade to breech mounted multimelta?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Ok, cutting termies and Spartan, putting in foot leviathan and another squad of vets in a melta rhino. Trimmed CCWs off mareens, acid bolters for vets.

HQ: centurion with terranic sword, 95 pts

Troops: 360 pts
2x 10 man tac squads in rhinos, sergeant with artificer and a calibanite blade

Elites: 570 pts
2x 10 man vet squads in melta rhinos, 2x acid bolters, sergeant with artificer, melta bombs, and a calibanite blade

Fast attack: 375 pts
6x seekers in a proteus

Heavy support: 600 pts
Whirlwind Scorpius

Sicaran Venator

Leviathan dread with graviton and drill

2000 on the nose.

It might be too much to add at this point, but I like my seeker squads to have more than a cupola combi-plas, and their proteus to have an augury web and multi melta. Makes them a major threat to anything on turn 1.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Broken Record Talk posted:

Infiltrating Gal Vorbak will loosen the bowels of pretty much anyone. You should definitely do that. Plus, they look awesome in metallic blue-green.

Don't forget that Gal Vorbak don't get mutable tactics (no legion astartes), but there's still a way to infiltrate them if you're clever.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Toxxx status: assembled and primed. Gave it a pintle mounted heavy stubber because gently caress you.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Loyalist Dark Angels that have evolved for 10,000 years.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
3000 point Alpha Legion vs Iron Hands tonight in a tide of carnage scenario. poo poo was getting real in the middle of the table.

Close game, no one scored any zones at the end, it all came down to secondary objectives. Iron hands won the attrition war. Side note, dark furies with mutable tactics: tank hunter are surprisingly versatile. Tore up infantry, rhinos, and even sicarans.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Genghis Cohen posted:

Terrific looking armies. Can I ask where you (or your opponent?) got those sandbagged artillery pieces? They look great.

Maxmini complete Siege guns. Hard to find because they don't have pics on their website.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
What is your opinion of the Black Reaving? The internet seems to be pretty down on it.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
:siren: :toxx:satisfied! With bonus malcadors! :siren:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Thanks! It was intentionally sloppy but totally works.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

panascope posted:

Where do you want me to send your VHS of Space Jam?

Yesssss! Hand it off to Tallkid, he knows where to find me.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Specialized anti automata warheads are interesting too.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

15 marines and 2 malcadors (and a shitload of basing) away from 3k points of painted iron dorks!

You found demolisher cannons for the Malcadors, good choice!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

These have so much character, great work!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
House Aerthegn Knight Errant hot of the painting table to support my Sons of Horus!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

ijyt posted:

poo poo those chains are cool, couldn’t figure out a good way to mount them myself. Are those power cables from the Leviathan CCW’s?

Either leviathan or contemptor, don’t remember. Either way, the cables don’t lend themselves very well to magnetizing weapon arms so found their way to the bits box.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Truly a loss...

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Booley posted:

Thanks! I mostly post in the 40k thread because gently caress templates and gently caress buying another set of rulebooks (until FW finally figure out the new 7.5e rules), but I'm working on some fists using mostly heresy models so I'll try to cross-post them over here when I get them done.

Most of the assholes at Meeples run quad mortar batteries so you'll overcome your fear of templates quickly.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Booley posted:

How does meeples feel about bringing your own terrain in?
I'm working on my own set of terrain right now, but I don't have a garage to play in.

All for it! There’s room to store it there if you choose, but also feel free to ferry it with you.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

I like this guy a lot and look forward to taking him more in the future:

Does it have a name? It needs a name.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Innnnn :toxx:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
He looks like he means business.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
But can my vindicator laser destroyer shoot at that drat fire raptor

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Did someone say chains?

Skullapalooza 2: Chainapalooza

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 22, 2018

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Rad. Ready to do 100 more?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Schadenboner posted:

I love Solar Aux so goddamn much, I just wish I could find something to use the Dracosan as in 40k.

Forgeworld resin isn't a dealbreaker but having all those blocks useable in only one of two games kinda is.

:shrug:

Probably pretty close to Stygies Thunderers/Destroyers

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Sorry not sorry

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Stanyer89 posted:

Whatever 2018 Allied Tox I agreed to is complete. Going back to the call of the Awuuu with all the rest of my virgin Space Pup friends.

Enjoy some yellow space barbies.

So fresh and so clean clean

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

DrPop posted:

Yeah, he looks great.

Full preview: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/04/09/forge-world-preview-i-am-alphariusfw-homepage-post-4/

More models like Alpharius and fewer Adeptus Custodes Misericordia Strongbow Mightcannons, please!

Yeah! gently caress Space Wolves!

A use for my Prospero decal(s).

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Took my Mars Ordo Reductor on their first event outing but got messed up pretty bad by a Crimson Court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Played booley tonight!

Aw bummed I missed it