Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I think there's a bit too much going on in that scheme, I'd make the upper legs purple, maybe lose the yellow kneepads too, or the feet. Basically there's too much yellow, it works as an accent but not as a third colour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i still think the black is out of place. it's not a condemnation of the painting quality, i just don't know why a; there's black and b; it's one of the primary focuses of the model.

Counterpoint, I like the black, it just needs more purple.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

Hello there, Rubio. Looking kind of, huh...

That is the most :effort: sculpted base, jfc

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Moose-Alini posted:

This is probably not the place to ask but don't hate me too much. I decided to paint a tank mostly white, what citadel wash would I use for accents that won't overpower the white?

If you look at ships, and other large machines that have been painted white, they often have rust or oil streaks down panel or rivet lines.
These are a completely different scale, but shows what I mean.

Obviously you could get a neater/more subtle look on a larger scale tank.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

:fap::fap:

Gonna snort me some resin, mmmm

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Broken Record Talk posted:

Did some more work on terrain for our massive Istvaan V board today. I’m pretty goddamn proud of this particular terrain piece.

The glow effects are entirely painted, and the photos are unedited.

:sbahj:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The Raven Guard would be far more interesting with a bunch of bits mashed in from these guys:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warcry-Corvus-Cabal-2019

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Hard disagree, but I do wish they'd redesign these dudes to look just a bit cooler.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Raven-Guard-Dark-Fury-Assault-Squad

Those guys are rad, stick the weird bird skull hat heads on them

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Fighting Tigers of Veda confirmed

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Inquisitor was bad, sorry

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

The Alpha Legion and Word Bearers methods are real standouts here

I think the Alpha Legion would look even better if the shading tending towards purple, I wonder what results you'd get with Leadbelcher -> Druchii Violent -> Zenithal Leadbelcher -> Akhelian Green

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

Combining the use of green and blue transparent paints has been the typical HH Alpha Legion paint scheme since forever. Using purple would be just fine.

I know, I've done it before, just with washes rather than Contrast. I'm just wondering if the thicker contrast would overwhelm the base, whether it might be best to do it the other way and go green contrast, then a light purple wash in the recesses.