Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

ijyt posted:

How will the Calth bix work with Emperors Children, I think it came up in the old thread but phone posting and everything is slow and poo poo.

It's mk4 stuff and they wore p much only mk4. The dread is oooogly but it's a decent buy for EC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
The worst part about doing Alpha Legion is how much the novel about them blew rear end. It was worse than the ones about Dark Angels tooling around on their home world.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/breaking-new-40k-minis-a-heresy-price-hike.html

Bonkers if true

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Lord Twisted posted:

I second the Eye of Horus. I write in semi-regularly to them and they seem to have adopted some sort of frat bro voice for all my emails.

EoH is so good. It has revitalized my interest in Warhammer

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

We played some hh recently in Mitchigan

http://imgur.com/gallery/ePeMq

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

can you get better pictures/details on that IW cataphractii terminator conversion?

I'll see if I can get the dude to post some pics

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

DrPop posted:

Whereabouts? I'm in Ann Arbor and would love to slam local hams.

When do you guys think Book VI will be available online?

We played at the Michigan GT in Lansing in October, and Flatland in Wixom last weekend. Playing in Flint in April. We have a fb group - Michigan Horus Heresy

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

The SA models are super super ugly though, and they're just humans with rifles. Go for it.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Hixson posted:

Sorry about your super bad opinion

Old timey diver suit dudes don't really do it for me

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Any goons wanna get a funsies hh game in at AdeptiCon?

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

LordAba posted:

Hells yeah. The grey tide is coming.

=) gray as in kids of Horus?

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

LordAba posted:

Unpainted. :P Emp children when I get around to it.

What NO

You could be loyalist survivors at istvaan. I can loan you Orlynor

These are my bros

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Also we did a battle report empies kids vs Alpha Legion

https://youtu.be/lUhSrv6UDoE

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

Dude, nice batrep. I had no idea you did fresh coast videos.

You should have tied that game. Your friend made a pretty common 40k -> 30k error. Only troops score and there is no obsec. That means dedicated transports are only denial units. Since he kept his scoring units inside the rhino they didn't score in your deployment zone :)

30k becomes pretty insane at high points levels. We play mostly 1000-2000 and I am just dreading dealing with LOW. He brought a pretty solid AL list.

Thanks man! Have you watched our other vids ? I actually made the scoring mistake and didn't really think I would win if we went to a 5th turn anyway... That typhon was pushing my excrement in

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

I just watched some more and they're solid! Thanks for sharing dude. Can you tell more about Fresh Coast gaming?

I love the Typhon. It's like the most Iron Warrior unit in the game and it's amazing for the points. I'm avoiding getting one because I just don't want to be that guy. No Spartan and no Typhon for me. If I ran a Typhon and Scoria it would be just as fun as going against a wall of knight titans.

FCG is our club here in Michigan. We play a ton of different games and blog and shoot video battle reports for them. Mostly professional 30s age dudes some with kids. We started HH at AdeptiCon because a lot of us are dissatisfied with 40k right now and hate money

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I'm really struggling with the armor some of my friends bring. The art is like seas of Marines running at each other to prove who is the better space fascist but I see like, a Spartan, typhon, multiple dreads, sicarans , etc each game. I ordered a primaris lightning to use the nuclear bombs it drops :pipe:

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah honestly I don't get admech. Brainless dudes who are paid to clean armor and put bolts on stuff just doesn't really do it for me. The models have no visual appeal either, so I'll likely go with the primaris and then try to do some support squads or something

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

So I ordered the lightning fighter... I have emperor's Children right now and I am planning a night lords force as well. Can I paint this thing in a neutral imperial air force look so I can use it with both in hh?

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Cythereal posted:

They're both traitors and it's just one unit. I'd say just paint it up in whatever scheme you'd prefer and when using the other army say it's on loan or stolen or a gift or whatever.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I'll probably just paint it up in EC as that's my main force.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Those look sweet. Painted up my Xiphon finally

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

CasualSalmon posted:

did you like using the transfers? end result is pretty sweet man

Thanks, yeah I've used a ton of them. I wish the fw ones weren't so expensive. Micro set and micro sol make it really easy.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

It's easy, just don't use Battlescribe.

You go to hell. BattleScribe supremacy

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

If I couldnt work on lists while pooping then cloud it over to my work PC so I can print it in color at work I'd feel like I was in 1995

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I've heard people talk about quartermaster before but never actually seen it in use.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Crappy shot of my EC force from today.

Don't Spartans have flare shields and ceramite? How are you guys destroying them in one turn?

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Hencoe posted:

Cuz im a nerd who really likes 30k.

Flare shields only affect what hits the front, so stuff like medusas dont care.
My personal favorite is a side-on from Lascannon havocs, and now I dont need the master of signal to boost them to bs5!

I could definitely see ordnance doing it, but you'd be playing a pretty bad player if they turned their flare shielded land raider side armor to an entire dev squad lol

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Our club did a strategic raid mission from book 4. Here is the YouTube battle report:

https://youtu.be/f-D7PgxqhWQ

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

Hell yes, your leviathan is one serious motherfucker. Once he stomps onto the board he has no breaks. Really diggin these bat reps.

Does your group play with first blood in every mission or is it just standard in strategic raids?

I believe that was just in the strategic raid thing

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Mango Polo posted:

Neat, FW seems to be stepping up their QA. Won't do anything for fundamental flaws in the molds and/or casting process, but at least someone is looking for those bubbles and gun barrels doing pirouettes.

I still received two left wings in my lightning order that I was super excited about =/ accidents happen but instead of just finding the wing I need they had to cast it up and send it? So an additional 7 to 10 days on top of USA shipping. Kinda lovely. They did help my friend who flew there for hh weekend and didn't get a red book; he got the red book and like two Knights free

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Not shipping cost, but shipping time. They said they'd ship it express but I haven't received a number yet.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

koreban posted:

ungh that rotor cannon :flashfap:

If I could justify any of that for EC, I'd pick some up in a heartbeat.

Squad of 10 sunkillers with lascannon is only 450 ptsish

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

The Dark Angel books for hh are almost as boring as Legion

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

But the latter is also missing new rites of war, so it's really not the go to

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

They also become troops and relentless with the new row in books. It seems like a no brainer. Especially since you can then purchase sonic shriekers

Also don't spam stuff in 30k

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Finished my leviathan. lovely photo, the black isn't all messed up

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Yea it's gold, not yellow, gold is on all my regular empies kids. Blue is just like, a power weapon effect

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Here is a better pic not in like, late day snow light. It's black.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I am a post-citadel painter :agesilaus:

But yeah I see the point of not using a tricolor scheme next time

muggins fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 8, 2016

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i still think the black is out of place. it's not a condemnation of the painting quality, i just don't know why a; there's black and b; it's one of the primary focuses of the model.

Black and white are sorta accent colors for EC; mostly for more experienced dudes. Since this guy is kingshit dread I wanted to make him less monochrome purple

The lightning I'm painting now is just purple and silver metal parts, since it's kinda just a workhorse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

This dude is here to help take down all the tanks I've been seeing lately