Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

SteelMentor posted:

At 500pts Mechanicum's gonna struggle to fit that in unless they take a cheap-rear end Magos and a ton of Thralls. In which case I doubt you'll have much trouble winning even with the AV14.

I suppose. If all else fails, I have an outflanking speeder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Get auxiliary drive for you ride. A medusa hit can potentially wreck your day.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Dynat is a cool dude its true.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

DeadGame posted:

Is the Leviathan better built for ranged or melee? I may ask my wife to get me one as an xmas gift.

Ranged.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah. Just abit.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

JerryLee posted:

If it's true that the Emperor was alive under various identities throughout human history, it's pretty much a 100% given that his 2015 incarnation was a regular on r/atheism.

Is the Emperor in reality Bernie Sanders coming down from the heavens (vermont) to save us all in this time of need? Or is he more like Donald Trump spouting bullshit?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

where are the rules

The red mechanicum book. Basically, you lay the 7-inch blast template down, and then move it straight ahead 72". EVERYTHING under it takes a hit, str depending on what sort of model. Infantry takes a S5 hit, monstrous creatures S8, vehicles S10 and superheavies the D. Ignores cover, instant death, do not pass go.

The first round of the game, D weapon shooting at it gains -3 on the damage chart. 2nd round its -2 and 3 round onwards its -1.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Guys. Stop me. Now I want a ravenguard army :ohdear:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hencoe posted:

I'm gettin real sick of gal vorbak, like 5 or 6 of the local guys getting into heresy are playing word bearers, and they all (obviously) have gal vorbak, and I'm the guy trying to get the community going so I'm playing everyone.

Just ugh.

Dont play with WAAC players. Ever.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is it kosher to use the storm eagle roc pattern in normal games of 30k? The red book says you can use superheavies and flyers from the IA books.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Killer_Bees! posted:

So a bunch of mates and I have jumped head first into 30k. We are all building Zone Mortalis boards because its fun has hell to play and currently slow growing our forces as we go. We all grabbed Calth boxes and chose our respective legions. I foolishly picked Night Lords because ADB's stories are great and I like the idea of underhanded Marines. I haven't had much experience with painting free hand stuff like Lightning etc, so these guys are really my first go at it.

The Terminators and the Dread still have heaps of work to go on them, but I am just trying to push out a 1000pt ZM force for a big game on friday on a huge custom built board.

Those are some kick-rear end space-rapists.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Strike Captain Alvarex Maun 140
Primus Medicae: artificer armour; power weapon; jump pack 130
Moritat Prime Kaedes Nex 155

14 Tactical Space Marines: chainswords; nuncio-vox; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant 250
14 Tactical Space Marines: chainswords; nuncio-vox; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant 250
9 Tactical Support Marines: volkite chargers; + 1 Tactical Support Sergeant 225
Drop Pod 35

Apothecarion Detachment
Apothecary 45
Apothecary 45
9 Mor Deythan: 9× combi-weapon; + 1 Mor Deythan Shade (combi-weapon) 295
Drop Pod 35
Deathstorm Drop Pod: Drop Pod Assault 115
1 Rapier Carrier: laser destroyer array 55

9 Dark Furies: + 1 Chooser of the Slain 325
Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter: twin-linked autocannon; 2× 2 kraken penetrator heavy missiles; battle servitor control; ground-tracking auguries; ramjet diffraction grid 250

Fire Raptor Gunship 200

Corvus Corax: Rite of War (Decapitation Strike) 450

3.000 points

This is the list I would make if I werent making SoH. Oh, who the gently caress am I kidding... :negative:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well, what'd ya know. GW managed to make a decent game for once.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Primus Medicae: artificer armour; power weapon; jump pack 130

9 Tactical Support Marines: volkite chargers; + 1 Tactical Support Sergeant 225
Drop Pod 35

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon
Contemptor Dreadnought: dreadnought close combat weapon (graviton gun); dreadnought close combat weapon (graviton gun) 205
Dreadnought Drop Pod 65

8 Dark Furies: + 1 Chooser of the Slain 295
Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter: twin-linked autocannon; 2× 2 kraken penetrator heavy missiles; battle servitor control; ground-tracking auguries; ramjet diffraction grid 250

Fire Raptor Gunship 200

2.495 points

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

by.a.teammate posted:

So i love the world eaters paint scheme but I hate there fluff and models, can I just paint alpha legion as world eaters and have done with it?

I intend to play my ravenguard as alpha legion aswell. Probably, who knows, maybe. Also, how the hell do I make a good-looking landspeeder.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

by buying javelins or a bar of deodorant

Javelins cant get gravguns.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ghost Hand posted:

What is the cheapest way to convert the tac marines in the BoC boxed set to assault type marines? Anyone know if just general 40k ccw and bolt pistols work well?

The legs arent assaulty-looking, so it will look funky. Also bolt pistols are of a different pattern in 40k.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Recoome posted:

who loving cares goddamn just do whatever you have to do

the marines will look fine with bolt pistols and chainswords gently caress

My immersion > Your convenience. Check your pattern-privilege.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I strongly feel like Raven Guard would be the best Zone Mortalis army.

Yeah, I agree.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 17, 2015

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

We're making an asteroid field ZM board at my local club. Uses 15 boxes of promethium relay pipes and 5 plasma obliterator terrain pieces so far. Also 1.5 of those giant boxes of GW gothic city terrain.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Close Combat in general is much better in 30k due to no ATSKNF and its easy access to AP3 and 2.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Primus Medicae: Void Shield Harness; artificer armour; bolt pistol; power weapon; melta bombs; refractor field; jump pack 185

14 Tactical Space Marines: chainswords; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant 240
9 Tactical Support Marines: volkite calivers; + 1 Tactical Support Sergeant 225
Drop Pod 35

Apothecarion Detachment
Apothecary: augury scanner 50
9 Veteran Space Marines: 2× plasma gun; + 1 Veteran Sergeant (power weapon; artificer armour) 250
Drop Pod 35
9 Veteran Space Marines: 2× plasma gun; + 1 Veteran Sergeant (power weapon; artificer armour) 250
Drop Pod 35

7 Dark Furies: + 1 Chooser of the Slain (melta bombs) 270
Land Speeder Squadron
Land Speeder: volkite culverin; graviton gun 75
Land Speeder Squadron

Predator Strike Squadron
Predator: lascannon sponsons 115
Predator: lascannon sponsons 115

2.995 points

This is going to be my 3k point list. No forgeworld models apart from the weapons. :toot:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Recoome posted:

Forge World must be redoing the Mark V armour, as you can only buy Mark V assault squads, not regular infantry.

Could be to make them inline with BAC and the new BAC weapons styles.

Edit: It's going to cost me 250 GBP to complete my 30k 3k point army :getin:

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 19, 2015

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Those DG are too... neat? I never pictured DG being this pretty before.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Recoome posted:

lol loyalists r nerdz

You're a nerd. Nerd.

That FW reveal could be Dorn aswell.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

That's pretty unlikely, given the Ravenguard emblem on the knee/elbow on the left side of the model

also the wing

Oh sweet. Colour me psyched.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

DeadGame posted:

It seems like they'll eventually get to mid / late heresy content. I was looking at the Visions of Heresy picture book and by the end the traitors looked pretty much like modern day chaos marines and several of the primarchs were full on demons. How many years did the heresy last?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Primus Medicae: Void Shield Harness; artificer armour; bolt pistol; power weapon; melta bombs; refractor field; jump pack 185

14 Tactical Space Marines: chainswords; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant 240
4 Tactical Support Marines: meltaguns; + 1 Tactical Support Sergeant 175
Drop Pod 35

Apothecarion Detachment
9 Veteran Space Marines: legion vexilla; 2× plasma gun; + 1 Veteran Sergeant 240
Drop Pod 35
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought: 2 Kheres pattern assault cannons; havoc launcher 195
9 Veteran Space Marines: legion vexilla; 2× plasma gun; + 1 Veteran Sergeant 240
Drop Pod 35

6 Dark Furies: + 1 Chooser of the Slain (melta bombs) 240
Land Speeder Squadron

Predator Strike Squadron
Predator: lascannon sponsons; machine spirit 140

3.000 points

Would this work, or do I need more scoring units?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hair straight down. People complain of too much wax. Wind through the hair. People complain of whipping hair. You just cant win.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Although it doesn't state specifically you have to deploy them by deep strike. In ham culture however, that is known as a dick move.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Germ posted:

Much obliged! Wasn't sure if I could buy the transport for them and then not deploy them in it (provided it wasn't a dedicated transport). If that's frowned upon, I'll stick to list building with the decapitation strike to get my combination of infiltrating infantry and drop pods.

Never not decap strike. (In all fairness, RG is probably the legion who has the easiest time switching to the other RoW. They aren't really dependent on it as much as other legions.)

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

panascope posted:

Real loving psyched for Justaerin to get 2W, which will make them enter The Own Zone.

Yeah, like thats going to happen.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Do you have 5 minutes to hear about our rightful master, The Emperor?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Star Man posted:

I bought the Black Templars upgrade kit at a hobby shop the other day and the special weapons don't have hands on them. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I'd rather not chop up my bolters with hands that I have in my bitz container.

Which mark of power armor would be good for some Black Templars? I realize that they weren't really a chapter during the Heresy, but surely they'd have some old power armor if it was still good, right?

IV and III. Sigismund and the first company secured amazing numbers of Mk IV from Mars and the IF in general loved III. Sigismund himself wore III

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

TKIY posted:

Am I wrong or is that Raven Guard in plastic, not Resin?

Looks to be resin.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

You need another tactical squad, assault squad or breacher squad. They are the only compulsory troop choices. Tactical support are not compulsory. Also Mor Deythan can't buy drop pods. Jury is still out on whether or not Maun can have the Deythans ride shotgun in his though.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Dreadclaws are fine, you just cant buy normal drop pods as FA.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Germ posted:

Worth the extra 65 points, or is the stock-standard Rhino just fine? I feel like, with my lack of armour, most enemy heavy weapons wouldn't have much else to shoot at so the Rhino would pop pretty fast. Hmm... Though, it is an infiltrating Rhino, right?

It is. The drop pod does allow you to just delete a single unit with twin-linked, rending flamers. The rhino offers abit more versatility afterwards. Also it's cheaper.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Isnt it only the legion specific red book getting re-printed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Seems like it. No changes at all to the generic crusade stuff book, meanwhile the legion specific units are being actively revised in the updated book.

Definitely worth holding out on the legion book, if only so you don't have to pay for shipping twice.

Poor Assault Squads