Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DeadGame posted:

Leaning towards Emperor's Children or Word Bearers at the moment. But feel bad being a traitor.

Well there was a chunk of loyalist EC led by Saul Tarvitz. Don't know if any made it off Isstvan but since they've been so cagey about Saul's death they might be saving it for a novel with him getting off planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DeadGame posted:

Do we think we'll see Forge World stuff in stores any time, or is this going to be a mail order game? Takes forever to get things from the UK.

Depends on your store, with the combining of GW and Forge World earlier this year they made it so that Forge World is available from distributors.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are the arms for the various builds sold separately so I can just magnetize the plastic chassis?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Deptfordx posted:

So do we know if the Betrayal of Calth is a limited edition at all. Becaus if not I was kinda thinking of holding out to at least HH book six came out and we had more legion choices. I'd especially like to see what the twin Angels get.

It's not limited edition, but when stores were placing their preorders the sales reps were pushing that the this order would be all GW could guarantee before Christmas. I think that's how some of the limited edition rumors got started.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DJ Dizzy posted:

Is the Emperor in reality Bernie Sanders coming down from the heavens (vermont) to save us all in this time of need? Or is he more like Donald Trump spouting bullshit?

Neither the Emperor is actually Kenneth from 30 Rock.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Recoome posted:

Oh man it's The Tyrant's Due Mk II, Electric Boogaloo

I don't care about the context, an Army of Dark Compliance just makes me think of a Tzeentch demon with a clipboard standing over a mustered army. He's busily ticking off checkboxes making sure the entire force complies to Chaos Brand Standards.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Endman posted:

There's no reason you couldn't play Zone Mortalis in labyrinthine ruins, the interior of a castle, a cave network, hell even a hedge maze. Just make up some different fluff to accommodate some of the more space oriented stuff

I think a properly built 40k got his hedge maze would look pretty rad. Especially if you only put one quadrant at a time and rolled to see who placed the next quadrant whenever a model hit the edge.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mango Polo posted:

Sweet. Agreed on the missile launcher, shoulder is still best. And two types of rotor cannons will make BA players very happy.
Now bring on the alternate volkites and we're in business.

With the right paint job those missile launchers would look great in a Space Sharks devastated squad.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That is a really great shot, looks like it could be a stained glass window.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So the terminators from Calth come with the shoulder pads separate so you can use the chapter specific ones from FW?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did Black Shields have any sort of unified color scheme? I know they removed their heraldry.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Way I've always played is that unless it says so specifically, like the way FNP does, multiples of the same source never stack penalties/bonuses.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are storm ravens around in 30k? Was taking a look at my vehicles and wondering which ones I can take in a 30k legion.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lord Twisted posted:

So...

I've had a look at the rules and models. Those swords look loving dumb on custodes. Also they have the rules for the bolters on the swords... But no apparent option to buy them?

Very disappointing if that's anything like the 30k rules. They can't even fire their bolters and charge ffs. So lazy.

I'm not sure how you missed it, they can trade the spears for swords and the swords have the bolt caster built in. The bolt casters are Assault so they can fire them and charge the same turn. And bolters are Rapid Fire, no one can shoot them and charge.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
30K Custodes rules will actually be in next week's White Dwarf.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know their focus is on getting Book VII out but have they said anything about similar delays in Book VIII? I'm hoping that would have the final BA/DA rules in it and I'm kind of up in the air about which one to go with.

I mean I kind of lean towards Blood Angels now and then but then I remember the cost of 30k jump packs.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 25, 2016

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know that Chymeriea Blackshields can't take allies as a primary detachment but they can still be taken as allies, right? Now that I know there's rules for the Raven Guard's genetic experiments I'm kind of tempted to go that route. What are the thoughts on the Raven Guard's unique units? Are they worth their points? What about outriders? I really like the design of their bikes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
drat, that custodes weekend exclusive is pretty drat great. With any luck it'll drop to the $20-30 range in a few months after the gouging is done.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does Forgeworld have a set price for Americans or do you simply convert dollars to pounds when paying?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Thanks, that's what I thought but my LGS' owner ordered a couple Might Zug to sell along with his personal order and was charging $45 apiece for them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there a good resource for the squad level variations of heresy era Dark Angels?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

tallkidwithglasses posted:

The book that comes out in a year will probably be what you're looking for. What we know now is that DA commanders followed a strategic concept called the Hexagrammatron with six different Wings- ironwing and ravenwing (which are our current rites of war) are mechanized combined arms and recon/search and destroy armies. Stormwing, firewing and dreadwing have all been speculated about but aren't really known yet. Deathwing are the vets and might just be represented with Pride of the Legion or might get its own rite some day.

Basically, the first legion seems to be fairly generic dudes that get lots of cool banned wargear that Dad won't let the other legions have, and pretty big advantages if you conform to a really rigid army list. We'll know a lot more when Angelus drops in a year-ish.

Sorry, should have specified, I meant more along of painting schemas. Like sergeants signifiers and what not.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Safety Factor posted:

Nah, there's practically nothing so far. Two Dark Angels were depicted in book VI though.

Basically, it boils down to the terminator being marked with the crossed swords of the Deathwing and the symbol of the Hexagrammaton which represents the six Wings. The keys are a mystery, that's even said in description. The power armored dude has the symbol of the Firewing on his left knee, but there are no details given as to what exactly the Firewing is or does. Both feature a checker pattern though it is interesting that the terminator's is red. I'm guessing this is for Deathwing types like terminators, praetors, etc. I've worked a lot of checker patterns into my force and I've worked a lot of little personal heraldry like stripes and simple patterns on shoulder pads and knee pads. The Dark Angels were known for their weird symbology so why not go for it?

Thanks, with Cypher and the Fallen getting a push in March I thought would use the Prospero MK3 marines as Fallen and was looking for some various signifiers to make them look like disparate forces combined into one unit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I can't really tell from the photos, is a sicaran switchable between the vanilla and venator bersion?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I do love that Ixion Hale model, he has the perfect "I sure am tired of these Star Wars" expression on his face and posture. Shame he hovers around $100 on eBay.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ijyt posted:

I uh..is he, okay? Looks like he's got a slight kink in his neck.

Guilliman is actually a huge Ave Ventura fan, we caught him in the middle of a very enthusiastic 'alrighty then'.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Ave Ventura, Pet Inquisitor.

Eisenhorn is Finkle, Finkle is Eisenhorn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Beerdeer posted:

Soda included?

No, generally the drug combo meals include a beer instead.