Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what are the chances the 30k DA will be as bad as 40k?

alternatively, we don't even have any rules for DA in the pipeline, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

TKIY posted:

So what Legion makes best use of the Calth box? Imperial fists? Iron hands?

whichever one you want the most, friend

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
roboute was nearly killed by 10 schmucks what do you expect

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
My night is gonna be spent playing with plastic 30k i never thought it would happen

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i forgot how boring the mk4 shoulders are

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SRM posted:

I liked that it made Perturabo a huge nerd who built models and played tabletop wargames

im glad im not alone

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I think mechanicum and auxilia have av 14 DTs.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if your list isn't designed around putting as many dudes with pteruges and funny helmet crests on the table as possible you're doing it wrong

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

TKIY posted:

The rules for this thing are ridiculous but they should be given the 1,000+ point cost.

where are the rules

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

LordAba posted:

Word Bearer's coolest unit is the Gal Vorbak. How does taking them make you WAAC?

because they are also really, really, really good, and probably a reason why people are choosing to play word bearers

Hencoe posted:

Helping a store in town get a 30k league going so folks have a defined goal to have stuff together and painted, book 6 is going to be a godsend since a few want to play their blood angels, dark angels, white scars and such with more than "stubborn or furious charge"

legiones astartes: dark angels

all units with this special rule get stubborn and furious charge

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't have a particular need for 102 dollars and fifty cents

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Thought the Roc was Minotaurs only.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

where's the not-chaplain helm and chainglaive from?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the dreadclaw is cool bc its a claw that you fly into the ground and its covered in flame throwers and heat cannons and then your giant baby soldiers run out and stab people

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
this is canon.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah an idiot who wants his army to look like dog turds

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
speaking of john blanche, anyone know of any books that collect his work?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
y'all are hard up if you're stressing about making 75 dollars on a book that might maybe not be useful

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Hencoe posted:

Also, fun fact: the ordinatus cannot be legally deployed straight on in dawn of war, it's 13.5" long.

how'd you know what i called my dick

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Hencoe posted:

Because of its other name, "Unused"

:mediocre:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
clearly white scars are the prototypical favored sons of the GW universe, yes

Mango Polo posted:

Epic-inspired 30k is in the pipeline, focused on titans. Different scale than Epic.

any more details on this???

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 8, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

I was going to ask what's your level of tolerance to mental anguish, but then I realized the way I set things up you can easily crank out the entire 4x4' board and then add the décor at your own pace, which could very well be never.

"Easily" is still relative :v:

Also I noticed my boards were only 10x12" gently caress

what is this and who do i give my money to to acquire it

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

muggins posted:

We played some hh recently in Mitchigan

http://imgur.com/gallery/ePeMq

can you get better pictures/details on that IW cataphractii terminator conversion?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i actually can't think of a legiones astartes unit that can take just 'grenade launchers', if we aren't including combi-weapons

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how many shots is that on Pariah bolters? it looks like a 3 or a 5?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you do not take gal vorbak, your list is weaker than it could be, so you'll want some of those. out of the calth box, you'll probably not get much use out of the contemptors or the terminators, because they're competing for gal vorbak slots (unless you take the vorbak as troops ROW), and you'll probably want to use one of the named HQs; Word Bearers need to take a second compulsory HQ and several of them count for both of the requirements (Erebus and...Zordon Kayak or whatever)

beyond that, what points cost are you going for?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

details on that left figure thanks

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
are those real rules people allow bulbasaur to play with?????

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

What I really want though? A terminator combi-weapon pack. I know there are a whole two available in the special weapons pack, but I want way more than that and none of the other junk that comes in that thing. Ghost Hand, please tell your friends at FW that a pack like this would sell really well. Terminator volkites would also probably sell to someone. Especially Alpha Legion players.

the volkites look fine on cataphractii imo

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
actually having larger armor for your hands wouldn't really make sense in universe because it would limit manual dexterity for next to no reason and would make it so you had to manufacture two varieties of weapons (terminator and power armor) so it is YOU who is awful

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so i'm gonna start trying to do something with my 30k stuff again. what's the current consensus on leviathans? i really enjoy their aesthetic.

where are the rules for the deredeo printed? i thought i remember it having an ability to boost nearby invuln saves, but did that get errata'd out or not make it to print?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
are people running melee leviathans, or? it seems like the ranged weapons can cover any of the bases that the melee weapons can.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
30k sucks below 3k points, maybe even 3.5k

the rows are cool ways to do cool stuff but with the contortionist level of list-twisting you need to do to make most of the legion-specific ones work in smaller point games you're better off just running a list that's consistent on the table. why are you doing all of this for +1 bs on your four tanks

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 2, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
toss some breachers in a proteus instead and have them walk next to it shooting poo poo with their better bolters. bring more tanks. who gives a poo poo about tank hunters or fear on dreads. if you're insisting on it drop the bullshit crappy contemptors and take a leviathan. you have four tanks that aren't paperweights in a row that's about using tanks.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
actually no game using the wh40k rules is good at sub 2k points, unless you mortgage your home and buy the million dollar barbie zone mortalis battle crunch antechamber, in which case zone mortalis is cool

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can't use rites with the optional focs iirc

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
iron warriors are only bad if you're playing an officially licensed Bulbasaur Balanced Campaign where there aren't shooting casualties and his iron hands have bolters that are strength 9 or something

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it'd probably depend a lot on how much AT your opponent is willing to bring. it could be fun to have an AT-centric list play against one but for the most part any time i ran my knights in 30k it felt, a lot like it did in 40k, that i'm more like playing a game AT someone and not really 'with' them

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it ignores terrain that's less than an inch across or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can't wait to use this logic to bamboozle some idiot into believing his army is not legal due to clerical error, while i play one of two legal armies in the game: solar auxilia or questoris knights