Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Some of my top level thoughts on this- seems that there is an attempt to make the game less lethal and more dice intensive (IE: you don't know the outcome exactly when you engage one unit with another, because there are more ways to get rending/shred/sunder and experience attrition). AP1 and 2 is now very rare. Personally I don't like this, because I want shorter games. These changes would make much more sense if we had the new AP system imo.

I can only speculate about balance, but the changes to demo cannons imply worse AP values for battle cannons, artillery, and the like. How they plan to balance factions that rely on this for killing TEQ/MEQ such as militia and solar aux remains to be seen. Finally, if mauls are truly like this, "they will be everywhere" and I don't know why anyone would take a sword.

swords are cool thats why you take one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

working mom posted:

Or it's just another imperial fist special character

we should be so lucky

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

They literally managed to gently caress up the scale for a game they already produced with MK III and MK IV sets for???
Jesus Christ GW.......I was joking about the indomitus thing but maybe I was right.
Guess they gotta get current players to rebuy the entire armies they have already

It will be perfectly fine on table, no doubt. I don't really see too much of an issue but I'm planning on starting a new legion with 2.0 anyway :shrug:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SpaceViking posted:

Saw this size comparison on Reddit, looks like the Mk6 is roughly the same size as the Mk4, and a bit bigger than the Mk3 manlets.

The Mk6 perspective is tilted towards the camera in this comparison. The Mk III and IV are on a flatter plane and parallel to the surface their standing on. The Mk 6 looks like it's taller than it really is - it seems inline with the heights of the other plastic models.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent posted:

If Tortuga Bay doesn't get whacked by Russians, it will be fairly easy to rebody my MKIIIs.

Not gonna help the Calth characters, but I can just always yeet them or put then on a tactical rock.

Is there not a more tactful way you could have phrased that.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I will probably paint a tester but I think Dearth Guard would look good in Mk.6 - otherwise I'm doing SoH and then throwing a couple into the sea of Mk.3 that is my Iron Warriors.

e: That lore is way better than "Raven Guard had a secret stash :ssh:"

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm still surprised they're selling Horus Heresy tbh.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

My only concern is the missing units - I didn't like it with 8th and I don't like it here. It makes zero sense because while it doesn't stop GW releasing a kit later, it means having to have rules spread across more books which always kills the vibe for me.

That and I've spent more money making something like Iron Havocs look distinct from Heavies than a single box would likely cost, so dissuading the hobby aspect (which 30K was clearly leading for a long time now) is really annoying.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Endman posted:

At this point we don’t even know if we’re going to get the parts to make the Mk VI marines into anything other than tacticals. They’ve got much smaller hands, so the current special and heavy weapon upgrade kits aren’t compatible.

Oh sweet, didn't realise you had the kits already! Pics?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Endman posted:

At this point we don’t even know if we’re going to get the parts to make the Mk VI marines into anything other than tacticals. They’ve got much smaller hands, so the current special and heavy weapon upgrade kits aren’t compatible.

lol

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent posted:

hope is the first step etc. etc., but :stwoon: if true

For sure, the hint drops were heavy.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

There was also pictures floating around of space marine squads only being able to be 10 man squads but that does appear to be a starter thing, not am actual new rule

Edit: Also mediocre hobbies put out probably the best Sons of Horus video I've seen here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJUaf6uLkDY
Quick, looks good and doesn't need 100 different colours

This is the first video that actually makes me want to try Contrast paints - I'm surprised they didn't use them for the Open Day demo armies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

There is one:

I've been trying to remember what the WHC articles remind me of and it's 100% of White Dwarf when I was growing up - slightly tongue-in-cheek.