Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
ForgeWorld is doing Sisters of Silence, right? Are they just gonna be some troops you can take as part of another army, or an entire army of their own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mango Polo posted:

No information yet, other than that they are coming in Book 7 along with Space Wolves, Thousand Sons and Custodes.
My guess is that any (loyal?) army will get to pick up some Sisters, but they won't be a self-operating force.

That's disappointing. They should just make up some more stuff to fill out a whole army.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

serious gaylord posted:

They don't really exist as an entire army though. They're purely around as a support group to block psykers.

It's fiction, they can add stuff. Besides, it's not like 30k is a huge scale game, twenty chicks, some trucks for them to ride in, a bad rear end robot or two, boom. They can still act as an anti-psyker force in the fluff's huge rear end battles, while functioning as an army in the game

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
pre-Heresy Dark Angels were black?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Even if Age of Sigmar was doing well (and we have no idea if it is or not), the timing of this release makes sense. Just in time for hanukkah

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muggins posted:

The worst part about doing Alpha Legion is how much the novel about them blew rear end. It was worse than the ones about Dark Angels tooling around on their home world.

It also hosed up the story of the Heresy, cause now Abnett has to cram some dumb bullshit about his immortal spy into every book.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If they do plastic Legion upgrade sprues, I hope they add a little more variety to some of them. The Ultramarines and the Raven Guard helmets have like three or four slight variations, but the Emperor's Children helmets are all identical.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

PierreTheMime posted:

Nope, it's just an upgrade kit that gets slapped on the standard Rhino chassis.

I like the little Hobbit hole door

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

krushgroove posted:

Considering HH is basically historical 40K and my group is going to be playing the normal Heresy timeline, could I rightly give our Sons of Horus (loyalist) a bunch of poo poo if he plays Abaddon and Horus? I don't want to be a dick about it, it's plastic spacemen, he can barely play as it is, and Horus and Abaddon are cool and all...but playing them as loyalist post-Heresy?

Just tell him that you know it's actually the Alpha Legion pretending to be Sons of Horus in order to sow confusion.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

serious gaylord posted:

The book that made GW sack an author.

No way. Battle of the Abyss was poo poo, but it was also far better than anything written by Nick Kyme

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

panascope posted:

Battle for the Abyss owns because in Betrayer Aaron Dembski-Bowden has a throwaway line talking poo poo about how dumb the people involved in it were.

Also there's a bit Mark of Calth where Lorgar is like, "it would be so stupid to only make one super huge spaceship. I made more than one, just in different places"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

panascope posted:

And the upgrade packs they do get don't really show off what people think of with Iron Warriors.

What, this doesn't scream "Iron Warriors" to you?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

AndyElusive posted:

Anything is an Iron Warrior if you're brave enough to paint hazard stripes on it.

Yeah, shouldn't they not have any upgrade kits at all? Just completely unadorned Astartes armor.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm looking at the Forgeworld site, how come there's a section called "Monstrous Creatures", but it just has robots in it?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I've never played 40k or 30k before, but I like the Horus Heresy books, so this game interests me. If I wanted to play an army that was just drop pods full of World Eaters armed only with chain axes, could I?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Recoome posted:

this can't be real, who legit gets that mad playing a game

I once played Enslaved Odysey to the West, and got so mad, that I threw the game in the garbage

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Stanyer89 posted:

Seeking a new teammate instead.

You painted that thing, it was reallyy good! Why would you break something you worked hard on?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's ok to be angry sometimes. Stanyer I hope you can fix your guy and feel better!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

PierreTheMime posted:

To be fair, one of these characters is a boobsnake at this point.

Yeah, that's another way Fulgrim is better

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Emperors Children is the best legion because it's the easiest one to proxy in Kingdom Death models

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

LordAba posted:

Only they don't have daemon allies. :(

Seriously? My two army ideas were drop pods full of Word Bearers armed only with axes, and Emperor's Chidren on bikes herding a hoard of cultists and demons. But Word Bearer Dreadnoughts don't have axes and now Emperor's Children don't have Daemon friends.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hope they make a Thousand Sons upgrade kit that's just little daemons you can stick onto them as Tutelaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Are there rules for playing Warhounds? I had an idea for a army that's Warhounds that when Angron was discovered said "gently caress that", refused the Butcher's Nails, refused to change their name to World Eaters, and were basically assuming the other World Eaters were gonna track them down and kill them all for it before they heard about the Heresy

Does anybody make Warhounds decals or shoulderpads?