Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
So is Scoria really as scary on the table as he is on paper, because wow. He looks like a beast of a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
All those delays were worth it guys!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Kinda looks like a conversion from the way they've mounted the footpads/Icarus Autocannons on the front like that.

Likely it's for the next IA if it is a new kit.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New White Dwarf leaks are showing individual BoP squads are being released March 18th.

Really running out of excuses to sell some vital organs and start that Talons army now.

God help me if the FW store has any of those Custodes Axe dudes in stock when I go because that'll just be the kicker.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The SW tears are incredible, I hope they never stop :allears:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Would anyone itt know if FW have the event Custodes in their Warhams World store? I know they have the Siege Breaker and Libarian McDemonhands, but I'd kinda like to grab the Shield Tribune dude when I pass through today.

Also, Custodes-naught with the shield yay/nay? I'm leaning towards waiting for the one with the spear, but the design is gorgeous.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

ijyt posted:

Though apparently it's £45 so get ready for that.

:wtc:
I better get this loving job, collecting the Banana Boys looks like it's gonna make my wallet weep.

Weep harder I mean.

Oh goddamn it, see?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Galaspar posted:

A group shot of my Death Guard:

So that's two tac squads, terminator squad, praetor, Grave Wardens and Land Raider plus an assortment of veterans, support officers and models painted on a whim.

Love the green on these guys, it's got a really vibrant look to it. Chaplain dude's pretty sweet to.

Does Ixion Hale have unique rules? I didn't get any in the box, but I figured I should check before I ring FW.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
How many layers of grog sin would this get me?

In all seriousness, happy how they're turning out despite being very WIP. After doing a million loving Stormcast for work I'm more than a little sick of painting gold, so decided to go for a gunmetal look like those proto-custode dudes from that one Emps v Horus picture.

Now for nearly £500 worth of buddies for her Traitor-stomping crew and I'll finally play this dumb game.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Really does depend on the manager, though official policy is that 3rd party headswaps and the like are fine, as long as around 75% of the model is GW/FW.

Generally this only applies for GW events, though again, you get the occasional manager who goes full anal on it.

I had one around here get incredibly funny about people using FW anything in his store.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Well the Tribune is.

As long as you can get down to Warham World/Warham Fest and have £45 to burn.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I do love that Ixion Hale model, he has the perfect "I sure am tired of these Star Wars" expression on his face and posture. Shame he hovers around $100 on eBay.

Really enjoying painting mine as well. The greataxe/gun is sweet and it's nice to see a passive pose on a Warham that doesn't make them look like they're confused.

The gating on the shoulders can go gently caress it's self though. Seems designed to tear off the top-part of the pauldron trim unless you painstakingly slowly whittle them down.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm the tit skull.

No no, the other tit skull.

Chaos Star stilletos are Blanche as gently caress.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

The angle's making him look like a dwarf.

Cool Marine though.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
They're all from the 40k Techpriest Dominus kit.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Those'd be the FW Berzerker upgrades. The sheer difference in quality between them and the plastics is night and day.

You've made them look sick nasty right there GM.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Look like plastic Assault Marine legs to me, with some CSM arms/backpacks/icons and guns.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I just wish they were Fast Attack or Elites rather than Heavy Support, they're fighting for a valuable slot and I can't justify to myself dropping a Grav-Tank or my precious Shield 'nought.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Anyone got any recommendations for Solarite Gauntlets/Talons? I just can't find any Power Fists that are both fancy enough, and generic enough to fit the Custodes.

Please hurry up with the Custodes upgrades FW, dyin' here.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

TKIY posted:

So if the rules aren't really changing, and the army lists aren't changing, it's still marksmen vets or nothing.

Kind of sucks.

Same. I was hoping jumping to 8th would shake up the meta at least a little.

I'm not even talking like tourney-level poo poo, Marksmen Vets are so good you're actively gimping yourself not taking them, and that kind of balance sucks.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Just looking at the difference between those rules makes me so glad for 8th edition.

:agreed:

Seriously considering putting Heresy on the back burner until it inevitably makes the jump to 8th ed, playing the 7th ruleset now feels so clunky and frustrating.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Cum play 8th edition m'lord.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Looks like they're gonna have to sound the horn that summons Matt Ward from his Marine-encrusted cave again.

Look forwards to the irrational tears of grogs who don't understand what a copy editor is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC