Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any reason not to give Fulgrim the paragon blade over his normal weapon in a normal game? +1 S is a lot better than rending for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

Nope, it's just an upgrade kit that gets slapped on the standard Rhino chassis.

It does come with the full rhino sprue. You use everything from the rhino kit except for the front panel and the outer side panels. So not quite "slapped on", but replaces some key parts. The little turret parts are replaced as well.

EDIT: They should still have the "buy three at a discount" set on the forgeworld site.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 9, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

No. Also kill yourself

I think formations would make 30k more interesting because

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Emperors Children is the best legion because it's the easiest one to proxy in Kingdom Death models

Only they don't have daemon allies. :(

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Hand posted:

Not yet...

Yeah yeah, the kacophoni related lists will be in with the Space Wolves and Thousand Sons on this side of never! :P

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

panascope posted:

Wrecker gets people extra mad because it's literally useless in most games.

I love the idea of fortifications, but they just don't work that well in the rules. I'm not sure *what* they need, but they need something.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TKIY posted:

So are the Graviton rapiers the best all around rapier option? Good against power armour, terminators and high av models.

I want a unit of the lascannon ones, but I'm not sure if I can take them in a hidden blade list. I'll have to look up the artillery rules.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nopantsjack posted:

Why do the jetbikes look exactly like a dick with a gun coming out of it the urethra. Guess I'm not collecting white scars then.

As an Emp Chills player I enjoy the jetbikes on many levels.

Oh man, I know it won't happen but I hope there is a heresy level pre-demon Doom Rider on a jetbike.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Some more investigation revealed this:

Apparently these were event-exclusive or something, though, so no worries.

Yeah, it was for the Throne of Skulls tournament.

If you play the same faction as that on the card you get double the victory points. They seem to be themed well, though there was an Emp Child versus Death Guard that made the Death Guard specific cards seem really easy to get.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-rSn7JKAbI

LordAba fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 1, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SRM posted:

Okay. Don't buy a Raven Guard army.

Buy a Night Lords army instead.

Can't so no to those rending power claws though!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DJ Dizzy posted:

Dont play with WAAC players. Ever.

Word Bearer's coolest unit is the Gal Vorbak. How does taking them make you WAAC?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OhDearGodNo posted:

Why does the girl on WarhammerTV paint things backwards? It's really weird.

Why would you paint the trim before the base color?

I miss Duncan. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Master crafted rending power claws are even better.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Moose-Alini posted:

Just opened my calth box, and having never played 40k I'm looking for suggestions on which chapter I should go with. I think I wanna make them loyalists, and think I don't like Ultramarines, but that's as far as I know.

Also waiting on some magnets in the mail so gotta choose the paints I wanna buy!

Raven guard is a good one since it looks like they will be getting a bunch of releases soon. I'd pick them if I wasn't going for emp chitlins.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JerryLee posted:

I think if your third party not-[GW thing] is going to appeal to folks it has to look superior on its own merits OR be cheaper than buying a recast.

That does neither (though admittedly the former is subjective).

Dick bike or bust.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Things I learned today: Fulgrim kills robots dead. Insta-death and S7 for free is a no brainer.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hencoe posted:

It's still only instant death on a 5+, the other sword is just bad.

He only wounds the big robots on a 4+ anyways. Plus he gets 10 attacks against them.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hencoe posted:

I thought his bonus was only in a challenge.

Wait, is it? If so I hosed up.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Killer_Bees! posted:

- tartarus termies can sweep

The rumor was that they would end up with a 6+ invul save. Thank goodness that didn't happen! It helps out emperor's children a lot.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

Also Cataphractii lost Slow and Purposful so you can't use them to make grav guns useful anymore :(

They still have relentless.

moths posted:

Does this mean Emperor's Children can now take them with Maru Skara, and they can outflank?

Yes, however you lose the two things that make Emperor's Children worth taking (sweeping and crusade).

LordAba fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 9, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looking at the FAQs, does the Cortex Designator rule apply to the current shooting phase? Does successful shooting mean hitting and wounding (even if the wound is saved)? Basically, can he be used with Darkfire Castellax to allow for rerolls in the shooting phase? Would work great with the gets hot rule.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

Which doesn't confer over to units. Previously you could take a Cataphractii HQ, attach him to a squad of grav dudes, and then enjoy 24" range. poo poo sucks. I might change our league rules to allow it since it lets you do some interesting things.

Gravs ain't that great in 30k anyways.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Toughness 7 move-and-shoot quad heavy bolters with a 2+/4++ character to tank hits wasn't intended? WHAAAAAT!?!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Recoome posted:

Emperor's Children are really cool it's probably the Legion I'll do (hahaha)

The EC specific units aren't great, but then again EC has Eidolan.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

koreban posted:

I just dropped mad :10bux: for my EC stuff. I'll be putting together models and busting out the purple and pink paints in just a couple weeks.

Can't wait.

I'll be damned if I can't find Phoenix Spears for my sergeants though.

Eldar direavenger exarch has a power armor scale spear. Good luck finding it at a decent price?

I haven't found any 3rd party ones yet.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endman posted:

I will be, I just wonder if they'll be effective on foot with the bonus or if they'll get torn up before they close.

Also Volkite weapons look drat cool. It's a shame Tac Support can't be taken as compulsory troops.

There is no reason not to take apoth with bigger units of tacs. It fits EC fluff as well! The outflank really helps gets you stuck in as you can set up a lot of anti-tank shooting into the sides of vehicles.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DJ Dizzy posted:

What if forgeworld is the recasters. :tinfoil:

So they take your money, buy recast stuff online, and then ship them directly to you? I can see them making a lot of money on that.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mango Polo posted:

The only rule snippet we actually have comes from the last FAQ adding a DA upgrade for Praevians, who can upgrade his robbits to re-roll wounds vs MC/FMC, or something like that.

I can't wait to see the Dark Angels get a 25 point power sword that insta-kills monstrous creatures on a 6+. Praetors only.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Killer_Bees! posted:

Preferred enemy monstrous creatures and stubborn!

Army wide stubborn would be pretty good though.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, so the leviathan dred is in here, but what rulebook has the Doritos dreds?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Thanks. I know I should get the autocannon arms, but gently caress it I'm going plasma dorito.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There was a rumor of more daemons being pulled into with the bad guys... any news on that? Specifically Emp Children?

Otherwise the new Kakaphoni rules makes them almost as good as a volkite support squad! Good try at least?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Recoome posted:

The new Emperor's Children RoW is awesome, if only to have fuckloads of guys with Sonic Shriekers.

They don't really need it though. Our characters have to issue challenges and get +1I, and our close combat schtick is to stack combat res so even if we lose 3-to-1 models we still end up winning combat by 2 and sweeping.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Safety Factor posted:

Also, 5 acid dickbikes go for 230 points. :getin: I'm wondering if it'd even be worth running a multi-melta or some other weapon in a squad like that, but I'm kind of leaning towards no.

I'd say not worth it unless you are running a unit of 6 so you can at least get 2 multi-meltas.

I'm picking up a bunch of them so I can have an emperor's champ on a wang bike. Outflank him with the Emperor's Children right of war and a couple friends on bikes and it's a tough unit to shift.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

Stop the clock. Dark Angles outriders with plasma repeaters.

The bikers were cool models but a bit overpriced for what they do (and compared poorly to the jetbikes). Better plasma could make them work.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Safety Factor posted:

That's not how blasts work.

That's still a scary robot.

Yeah, 4 S10 Ordanance blasts (with rerolls) will be the death of anything. Even with cover that thing can easily take out any 3 hull point tank per turn. Hopefully you don't pack your transports too close...

Fliers are still a good counter against them.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

muggins posted:

Any goons wanna get a funsies hh game in at AdeptiCon?

Hells yeah. The grey tide is coming.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

muggins posted:

=) gray as in kids of Horus?

Unpainted. :P Emp children when I get around to it.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

In retaliation I'll bring my 12 thudd guns, one blast marker, and insist on using my single and one only scatter dice

**takes 10 times as long to resolve shooting for a single unit**

I'm the guy that insists your unit of 10 salamander assault terminators roll each master-crafted attack separately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

muggins posted:

Squad of 10 sunkillers with lascannon is only 450 ptsish

Playing the Emps and not taking squads of 6 special / heavy weapons / terminators? Shame.