Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I guess the new guy running the show at GW really is different from the old one in terms of social media - not only has the company acknowledged this leak (which they probably started, let's be honest), they've responded to it on their FB channel with a video teasing the redone Kharn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

They also appear to be having "fun" on their Facebook page, which I'm pretty sure was punishable by hanging under the old leadership.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

And, if you go Alpha Legion, you get the bonus of being able to swipe those delicious Tyrant Siege Terminators.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

DrPop posted:

So... definitely Ahriman then?

That's never been a doubt. It's a dead ringer for the illustrations of him.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Every time I think I'm powering along with my Iron Warriors, SRM posts his Ultras and I realize he's operating on like Flash levels of speed.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

"Funemployed."

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm actually starting to get salty about no models for Tyrants. I held off as long as I could to do my havocs. Now I'm finally getting around to considering terminators and, 3+ years later, FW still hasn't done poo poo.

I'll probably end up using grave wardens and deathshroud as a base for some conversions, but I know they'll release them eventually, and it'll just make me more pissed that I spent 100+ hours on models that don't look as cool as whatever FW releases.

I'm mad. Mad about resin barbies.

What are you going to use for the missile racks?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I'm actually a little surprised he has an axe and not the Spear of Russ.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

IIRC he actually hated that spear and it's kind of an in joke among the old Dreadnoughts that the new wolves revere it.

Seriously? That's loving awesome.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Looking into fielding some Seekers since I got an extra 10 BoC Marines and Seekers seem both easy to use and easy to convert from the box. What's the general opinion on them? They seem to be reasonably good at taking down Terminators and Auxilia infantry with their basic lineup, but IDK if they're worth it.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I think the consensus is that Seekers are the best sniper-type unit in the game, the only disadvantage is that they take a precious fast attack slot.

Slightly better than veterans, definitely better than mor dethyan or headhunters.

That actually works out perfectly - playing Iron Warriors, I'm much more concerned with my HS slots than my FA slots.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Yup, that should work. Post edited because apparently I was looking at the wrong page.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 10, 2016

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

For those of you who bought the Prospero box, does the booklet clear up the deal with Geigor Fell-Hand at all? Is it just an entirely new character who happens to be unfortunately named very similarly to Bjorn, or something else?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Well the obvious answer is snow/ice, although making some sort of Prospero-themed bases wouldn't be a bad idea either. Maybe some sort of marble effect?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

If you're willing to do third-party parts, there are some decent Cataphractii pads on Shapeways.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Apparently there's a new limited edition figure coming out at the end of the month - looks like a Primus Medicae in Cataphractii armor.

I don't recognize that Sten looking gun, though, and it definitely doesn't look like the standard needle pistol a PM comes with.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Is there a guide somewhere that denotes what the different helm colours for UM mean?

From Book 5:
Standard Legionaries: Blue
Sergeants: Blue with white stripe
Veteran Sergeants: Blue with white stripe and "Praetor" pattern helm, crest
Lieutenant: Blue with gold stripe, crest
Captain: Blue with gold stripe and gold laurels, crest
Vehicle crew: Blue with brass/bronze faceplate
Destroyer: Black
Destroyer Sergeant: Black with gold stripe
Terminator: Blue with gold trim
Terminator Sergeant: White with gold trim
Terminator Captain: Blue with gold trim and gold laurels

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

SRM posted:

I love that FW provides the uniform guide stuff like this, but Terminators with white helmets/sergeants with red and white helmets look so choice that I had to do them, even for my Heresy dudes.

The best part is that they provide this guide, then on the next pages where they show the full-body shots they ignore the guides entirely.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

:siren: :siren:
Common you troglodytes, get your new years resolutions itt:

:toxx:ing to paint a LOW by the end of the year because tkwg is a bad friend

Primarch or something like a superheavy?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

No, sorry, I should have been clearer - I was asking Bulbasaur if he's painting a knight/tank/whatever or Ferrus Manus.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

hamgoons help me make
bad financial decisions
cannot tell my wife

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Being extremely temped to get a Perturabo for this, have some questions:

1) Is his gaming base seriously just a smaller version of his display base? If so, how hard is it to swap between the two?
2) For painting that base, do we know anythign about any Knights that he's faced?
3) Is the arm with Forgebreaker easily magnetized two swap between that and his normal hand?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Ah, gently caress it. Not gonna order him till Thursday but :toxx: for Perturabo.

SALTY WITHIN
SALTY WITHOUT

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

JackMack and Endman, you've joined our ranks! Hopefully we'll Give GW Enough Money that they can pay for market research that indicates dumb nerds are willing to risk their valuable forums accounts just for the chance to assemble and paint their largest jewel like objects.

It looks like you may have forgotten to add me from the last page, I'm exactly that kind of dumb nerd

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just a quick check: did everyone who write a haiku want in on the typhon? the entries had varying levels of seriousness so before I figure out the winner (hint it might be random I'm not sure) I want to make sure who was actually interested

Absolutely

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Looking for some advice, I'm at a loss as to how to outfit a squad. Someone gave me the Prospero sprues for the 10-man MkIII dudes, but I'm unsure how to kit them out or what to do with them. Here's what the rest of my Iron Warriors army looks like:

Perturabo
Erasmus Golg/Cataphractii Preator w/combi-melta & nuncio-vox
Master of Signal
Contemptor (currently melta+power fist, magnetized, will become a Mortis with dual Kheres when I get the bits)
10-man Veteran Squad, 2 HB, vexilla, sergeant w/AA&PF
10-man Veteran Squad, 2 MG, vexilla, sergeant w/AA&PF
10-man Veteran Squad, 8 PS, vexilla, sergeant w/AA&PF
10-man Seeker Squad, sergeant w/AA&PF
3 Rhinos
5-man Iron Havocs w/ML
5-man Siege Tyrants
Medusa

I'm thinking maybe plasma with a combi-weapon and cognis-signum on the sergeant to camp backfield objectives, although in that case I'm probably not going to field all 10 of them and would have to think of something to do with the extras. That's also fairly expensive, so I'm definitely second-guessing myself at this point.

If the answer is "10 volkite calivers," is there a decent third-party option for those?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

5 man vet tacticals with 5 combi weapons as suicide outflankers.

Sending dudes in on a suicide mission is the most Iron Warriors thing to do and is therefore correct. Thank you.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Perturabo arrived yesterday and is soaking in a soap and water bath. I have never assembled a Forge World model before. How much whisky should I have on hand?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Thankfully it looks like the really offensive gating is on the display base which I won't use 90% of the time, but it's still going to be something I have to deal with and holy poo poo is it bad in those places. I'm mostly worried about poo poo getting warped, particularly the ammo feed to his wrist guns. I'm also very mildly worried about loving up magnetizing his right hand since loving it up won't be as easy to fix as just getting a new tac marine arm or whatever.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Lord Twisted posted:

Emperor is getting rules.

Wait, maybe I just got swept up in the information overload. Where did we see this?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Holy gently caress. Thanks, I missed that.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

ijyt posted:

Bolter hazard stripes :popeye:

Not even I'm insane enough to try that.

I'm looking at doing something like 55 marines worth of gun hazard striping. Needless to say, this is the point where my batch painting has stalled out.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

I never got an answer in the slack, can pert still hit things with fists when he has bought the hammer?

He should be able to - it's just a weapon, and you can always choose which weapon you're using.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Ever spend way too long on a conversion just to have it look awful and you regret wasting your time and plastic/resin/metal on it?

I'm in the middle of a Medusa conversion from a Basilisk chassis, so... yes.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Started the stages of my batch painting where I'm weathering all my space barbies, something I haven't really done before as my 40k army has a very clean aesthetic. That moment when you shift from "oh god am I really gonna mess up something that I took a lot of time to paint" to "hell yeah, time to gently caress some poo poo UP" is a real fun one.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Won't lie, pretty worried/unhappy about the ramifications of this for 30k. As nice as it might be to have a base game system that isn't complete rear end, I also would rather not have to deal with a complete revamp of all of the books.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Killer_Bees! posted:

Ok so got progress on my :toxx: Lord of war model, it's not 100% complete but i was able to go from base coat silver into table top ready in 2 days because I have an event to attend this weekend coming up and I had poo poo all painted :shepicide:

Lookin' good man. I like how it's just Chaos-y enough without being overboard.

That reminds me: is there any particular level that our toxxed LoW needs to be painted to, or is it just "what you're happy with?"

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

JBP posted:

I'm going to grind all my resin models down into powder then snort it and die.

If you do that with your LoW I'm pretty sure that counts as completing your toxx.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

About to have my first 30k game this weekend, just in time for 7th edition to get flushed down the toilet. What are some of the more common stumbling blocks going from 40k to 30k in terms of actual play? I'm talking about things like rules/scenario assumptions/learned habits/whatever that we might be used to in 40k that are different in 30k.

Also, how big of an rear end in a top hat am I for bringing a Medusa to a 1000 point game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Oh you mean just one medusa? Such a friendly meta.

It's the first outing for both of us for 30k so I wanted to start at normal levels of shitlord.

I'm not sure what the other guy's bringing but I know he plays Salamanders and basically only has the Calth box plus a few apothecaries and a lot of bits, so I'm expecting that there will be a Contemptor, some Firedrakes, and maybe a couple of FNP Tactical blobs. My plan was to bring a Delegatus with Chosen Duty, stick him in a Rhino with a HB Marksmen Vet Squad, run a second Rhino with a Machine Killers MG Vet Squad, have a third suicide Vet Squad with Marksman and Combi-Plasma to come in from Reserves, and top it all off with ML Havocs and the Medusa.