Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Stephenls posted:

Speaking of kitbashing blackshields... I use Tichy Train Group rivets for molecular bonding studs on Astartes armor. Is there something that works as well for those tiny spikes you often see on Sons of Horus figures? Tiny rectangular-pyramid-shaped rivets or studs, instead of hemispherical? I figure this thread would be where I’d find someone who’d know.

https://www.ebay.com/str/bloodandskullsindustry/Skulls-Spikes/_i.html?_storecat=11333429012

If you know anyone with a decent printer they are such a simple geometric shape they should be able to crank out hundreds in an afternoon for a six-pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I also dig these jams.

https://mastercrafted.co.uk/shop/infantry-components/shoulder-pads/standard/spiked-veteran-shoulderpads/

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

gently caress yeah, Dr. Mario mini game gonna be LIT.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

On one hand, Heresy players are used to carrying a back-breaking amount of books. On the other, gently caress 9th.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Stanyer89 posted:

Yeah, three red books are heavy. 2/3 of those have been the same since 2016.
LOL, sucks to your rear end-mar for playing anything new like Sabres or Esoterists or Dark Angels.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

They totally can use slide and clam moulds, they just don't want to. They have a slide mould for the Baneblade and they did it on the one Objectives sprue that had the radio mast.

My guess is that the run cycle for the slide mould takes 'too long' for whatever optimized schedule some bean counter has made for production.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

TTerrible posted:

What parts of the Baneblade sprue/model point to this? This is interesting.

The frame with the sponson weapons, fuel tanks, the greeblies like the spare bogey and loose shells.

The auxiliary weapons are all oriented with the bores out and there is no bounding frame around that area, that way there is a clear path for the die to articulate in/out during the cycle.

That must have been worth it as casting those in one piece saves at least twelve parts.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

:actually:
Iron Warriors were one of the first legions to evaluate Mk VI.

(They hated it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

lovestick posted:

Silver Skulls, Flesh Tearers, Rainbow Warriors, etc. in 30k would rule with beaky dudes done up like in Rogue Trader.

SPAAAAAAAACE SHARKS! Slam Sector, baby!

(gently caress, now I kinda wanna do that)