Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Round Two:

FIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Quick, someone post this to BOLS

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Ok Heresy hams, tell me how terribad this Death Guard "Burn all the things with forbidden chemicals" list is:

quote:

+++ Death Guard (1997pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1997pts) ++

+ HQ (717pts) +

Deathshroud Terminator Squad (440pts) [4x Deathshroud Terminators]
····Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite]

Legion Centurion (105pts) [Artificer Armour]
····Consul [Siege Breaker]

Legion Praetor (172pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Paragon Blade, Rad Grenades, Volkite Charger]
····Master of the Legion [The Reaping]

+ Troops (705pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (170pts) [Chem-munitions, Heavy Flamers, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 4x Legion Space Marines]

Legion Tactical Squad (295pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Heavy Chainsword, Rad Grenades]

Legion Tactical Squad (240pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Deathshroud Power Scythe, Rad Grenades]

+ Elites (235pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (70pts)
····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (165pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Laser Destroyer Array]

+ Heavy Support (340pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (185pts) [Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (155pts)
····Legion Medusa [Phosphex Shells]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XIV: Death Guard]

Created with BattleScribe

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Speaking of Death Shroud, I really can't stand the whole farming scythe thing they have going and was thinking of turning them into war scythes.

Is this dumb Y/N?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BuffaloChicken posted:

According to my Ham Diagram, Stanyer, you should be playing Khornate World Eaters instead of Blood Angels.

same diff

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
They'll be Fulmentarius terminators with IW shoulder pads at an extra charge.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Killer_Bees! posted:

I foolishly picked Night Lords

I've been seeing these on /tg/ and was wondering if they belonged to a goon. Great job.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
God help me I love the idea of waves of muscly men in Mk III plate moving 6" a turn

quote:

+++ Death Guard 3000 (3000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3000pts) ++

+ Legion +

+ HQ (727pts) +

Legion Praetor (187pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Digital Lasers, Paragon Blade, Rad Grenades, Volkite Charger]

Legion Centurion (115pts) [Artificer Armour, Refractor Field]
····Consul [Master of Signal]

Deathshroud Terminator Squad (425pts) [4x Deathshroud Terminators]
····Land Raider Phobos [Dozer Blade]

+ Troops (1118pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (160pts) [Legion Sergeant, 4x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]

Legion Tactical Squad (314pts) [16x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

Legion Tactical Squad (314pts) [16x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (330pts) [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, 2x Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web, Nuncio-Vox, Outflank]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

+ Elites (260pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (140pts)

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (120pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')]

+ Heavy Support (895pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

Grave Warden Terminator Squad (520pts) [2x Chainfist, 4x Grave Warden Terminator]
····Chem-master [Rad Grenades]
····Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Dozer Blade]

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (155pts) [Legion Medusa]

halp

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 13, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Sulecrist posted:

My only thought is that when you're spending 64 points on additional hand weapons, not being allowed to run sort of sucks. Also, I think artificer armor would be a better buy for your Apothecaries than power swords.

Yeah, I'm kinda 50/50 on the extra weapons. I decided to take them at first because quantity has a quality all of its own, and swamping elite units with bodies and dice (with rad grenades) is a very DG thing to do. The Apothecaries have both AA and power weapons which should complement the AA + power fist sergeants. But then again if I never make it into assault its all a waste of points.

BULBASAUR posted:

Who doesn't like piles of muscular dudes fighting long hard battles?

For your vet squad, I think melta guns and melta bombs are a better option than the missile launchers. I would also drop all your Nuncio-Voxes and pimp that heavy support squad with lascannons. They are already going to have BS5 and you'll find their high strength high volume shooting very helpful. Give them interceptor for extra fun. You could also drop one of the tactical squads and bring another heavy support squad for extra fun times.

Reaping Veterans and Heavy Support squads are non-compulsory so I need the two Tacticals :( The voxes are there to help make the thudd guns and the Medusa a bit more accurate. The Master of Signal was going to ride with the Heavy squad and his Cognis-Signum already gives him an Augury. Dropping the extra CCWs lets me bump the missile launchers up to lascannons. Hmmm.

e: I just realised with the FAQ changes attaching a Cataphracti-armoured character to Death Shroud don't stop them from being able to overwatch any more. Awesome.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 14, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I just read the rules for Leviathans :swoon:

quote:

+++ Death Guard 3000 (3000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3000pts) ++

+ Legion +

+ HQ (462pts) +

Legion Praetor (187pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Digital Lasers, Paragon Blade, Rad Grenades, Volkite Charger]

Deathshroud Terminator Squad (170pts) [4x Deathshroud Terminators]

····Consul [Master of Signal]

+ Troops (1323pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (235pts) [Lascannons, Legion Sergeant, 4x Legion Space Marines]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (190pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Culverin]
····Legion Sergeant [Augury Scanner]

Legion Tactical Squad (299pts) [16x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

Legion Tactical Squad (299pts) [16x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (300pts) [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, 2x Melta Gun, Outflank]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

+ Elites (350pts) +

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (60pts)

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (150pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Graviton Cannon]
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Graviton Cannon]

+ Heavy Support (865pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (340pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (305pts)
····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Phosphex Discharger]

I love that there are so many goddamned ways you can put 30K lists together and and never feel like you're gimping yourself for pursuing an idea*.

*except Iron Warriors

e: Just for you Bulba:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 15, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Alpharius.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Needs more ForgeWorld writing:

Slay the Beast

All units with the Legion Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule may re-roll Murderous Strike attempts against Gargantuan Creatures.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Killer_Bees! posted:

You should all move to Brisbane/Australia

no don't

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
That's a funny way to spell III

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
When I finally have that stroke and start buying 30K all my Death Guard will be in Mk III save for the vets who will be in Mk II.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Yeast posted:

If I wanted to read about White Scars, which HH novel should I read?

Also, does it matter if I read a single one out of the series or will things not make any sense.

Scars. All you need to know for it is Horus' corruption is linked to the secret warrior lodges that are active in some Legions, that the Alpha Legion has two Primarchs that may be split on the whole rebellion thing and the Wolves have been badly mauled purging Prospero.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Yeast posted:

Awesome, thank you!

No problem. Also it's worth knowing that literally everything is the fault of Kor Phaeron and Erebus of the Word Bearers and over the last 50 years they've used their Chaplains to spread the rot to other Legions. The First Heretic is an awesome book that sets things up for the whole Heresy.

e: despite being the 14th novel published :wtc:

ee:

quote:

...as of February 2015 consists of thirty-four novels, twenty-two novellas, thirty-six audio dramas, and a large number of short stories written by over nineteen different authors. There are many more books in the series already being prepared for publication in 2016 and beyond. 

Jesus no wonder this series is feeling so played out

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 24, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BULBASAUR posted:

god damnit stanyer

Hey! My phosphex is up here!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Just glue that poo poo closed and say you can draw LOS through it while conferring a 5+ cover save. Drop pods of any stripe just aren't worth the hassle.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Also you can only hit with one grenade/meltabomb per squad per phase now, so so long meltabombing Spartans to death.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

krursk posted:

Edit: Melta-bombs don't really count as grenades though right? You can't throw them like grenades.

BULBASAUR posted:

Melta bombs are bombs and not grenades, and are not thrown, so you can basically ignore this.

They're grenades dudes. Just a lot of people (myself and my group included) thought that throwing a grenade referred to using them in the shooting phase and everyone with a grenade could use a single one in assault. With the clarification Tankbustas are crippled and there's really no point to buying grenades for a whole squad unless they're assault or defensive :(

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
If they'd just used the word "used" instead of "thrown" in that bold bit none of this would have ever come up and we'd have worked through how stupid it was years ago.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BULBASAUR posted:

They refer to the line saying 'Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase’. Melta bombs are not thrown

Anyway it's clearly against the intention, but will be hilarious if they make it so all those 50 point upgrades only gives you 1 attack

Melta bombs aren't thrown in the shooting phase, but are thrown in the assault phase. This is GW using "thrown" like "shoot" or "strike" to describe something being used and using typical language that communicates something other than what they're trying to convey. They then go on to use "throw" when describing shooting attacks made with other grenades but then say "use" when describing them in the assault phase which further muddies the waters. But its all moot now with the clarification:

quote:

Q: Using grenades in the Assault phase. Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack or just one model in the unit? Like in the Shooting phase e.g. a unit of 5 Tau Pathfinders charge a Knight. Do 5 Pathfinders make close combat haywire grenade attacks?

A: Only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the Assault phase. Per Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, ‘Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase’.

e: To be clear I was with your reading Bulba, because it didn't make much sense for only one model to be able to use a grenade in the context of paying per model for the upgrade. This is stupid as hell and makes me really concerned if all these books have been written with a 5ppm upgrade on the assumption that only one of them can use them in a phase.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
They seem to be more of a liability now because even though you only get one swing everyone in the squad has a chance to hurt the front armour of that Leviathan so you can't use Our Weapons Are Useless to disengage.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

And a few other things:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 14, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

panascope posted:

Did you list mine?

:drat:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
How good are Rapier Vindicators? I'm debating swapping a caliver support squad for one because I think phosphex and rad grenade Death Guard can handle infantry well enough and I could really use some (relatively) mobile anti tank.

e: List I'm building towards:

quote:

+++ Death Guard 2500 (2497pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2497pts) ++

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor, XIV: Death Guard]

+ HQ (657pts) +

Legion Praetor (172pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Combi-Weapon, Paragon Blade, Rad Grenades]
Master of the Legion [The Reaping]

Consul [Siege Breaker]

Deathshroud Terminator Squad (380pts) [3x Deathshroud Terminators, Land Raider Phobos]

+ Troops (885pts) +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (355pts) [2x Graviton Gun, 13x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Scythe, Rad Grenades]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (240pts) [Lascannons, 4x Legion Space Marines]
Legion Sergeant [Augury Scanner]

Legion Tactical Squad (290pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (125pts) [Legion Sergeant, 4x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Calivers]

+ Elites (300pts) +

Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]
Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (80pts) [Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (80pts) [Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot]

+ Heavy Support (665pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (315pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Phosphex Discharger, 2x Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 4, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Rulebook Heavily posted:

The quad-mortars are for pie plating and for creative and effective uses of Phosphex

ftfy

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Ruh roh

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Welp, guess I'm committed now.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

panascope posted:

remember that you're bitchmade if you don't side with Horus.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Someone needs to let GW know that this is how you forge a loving narrative.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
My 30K career has gotten off to a brilliant start with my charging Praetor and his Deathshroud failing to do any damage to an Imperial Fists breacher squad and subsequently breaking and being swept :shepface:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Did a couple of very quick test marines and I'm really pleased at how this came out:

Very quick to do and would probably look better on Mk II and III armour with all of their raised edges. I'm going to do the bases with a cool grey scheme like Terminator's Future War parts. The dust on their greaves will come from walking through the ashes of the worlds they've burned. Trying to find the balance between too much weathering and not enough but I think I've lucked onto it.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So I just got a BaC Tactical squad off eBay to make a small support squad with and goddamn am I sorely tempted to ditch a Mk III Death Guard army and do a Mk IV Blood Angels one instead.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Assault Squad
* -75 points.

Breachers
* -25 points.

Tactical Support Squad
* can take additional combat blades for 2 points.

Legion Reconnaissance Squad
* -25 points.

Dreadnought Drop Pod
* +35 points.

Seeker Squad
* -20 points.

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod
* +15 points.
* has Inertial Guidance System listed in box-out, but not under special rules column. ??
* can transport Legion Dreadnought, Legion Mortis Dreadnought, Contemptor Dreadnought, Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought or Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought.

Landspeeder Squadron
* -10 points.
* can take 2 HKMs for 5 points each like the Javelin.

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron
* -20 points.
* has Strafing Run special rule.
* has "Grav Backwash" special rule. Means enemies have a -2 to hit it in Assault unless it is Immobilised.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Primus Medicae
* +10 points.
* can't take power fist, chainfist, boarding shield or paired lightning claws.

Chaplain
* causes Fear.

Command Squad
* -25 points.

Veteran Squad
* -25 points.
* additional models -3 points.
* any model can swap bolter for combi-weapon for +10 points.
* Veteran Tactics are very different!
- Resolve Stubborn
- Weaponmasters +1 Weapon Skill
- Machine Killers +1 on armour penetration rolls
- Marksmen Outflank AND Sniper
- Xenobane re-roll To Wound against Monstrous & Gargantuan Creatures.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So uh...

quote:

Burning Retros

Owing to the meteoric descent speed and the fiery blast of the Drop Pod’s retros on arrival, the Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod has the Shrouded special rule on the game turn it arrives (note that this also applies to any Interceptor fire or similar effects it might be subject to).

* Once the Drop Pod lands, its doors are opened automatically, but the Dreadnought inside does not have to deploy out unless the controlling player wishes, and if this is the case, though it may still be targeted by shooting attacks, it may not be charged while this rule is in effect.

* The dissipating fireball clouds the Drop Pod so that should the Dreadnought carried by the Drop Pod remain on any part of its structure (including its doors) while this rule is in effect, the Dreadnought and the Drop Pod benefits from the Shrouded special rule. The Shrouded rule also applies to any unit targeted by any shooting attack whose line of sight passes through or over the Drop Pod on the game turn of its arrival. Note that this will also affect the Dreadnought firing out through the cloud.

* The burning retro’s effect lasts from the player turn in which the Dreadnought Drop Pod landed until the controlling player’s next player turn. After this point, both the Drop Pod and the Dreadnought may be assaulted and shot at normally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I really don't understand what they've been trying to do with DDPs and why they seem so determined to write themselves in knots over it. Either flat out state that units in a DDP can, unlike everything else in the game, assault out of reserves or just give the disembarking Dreadnought Shrouded on the turn it lands and be done with it.