Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

ijyt posted:

Were Luna Wolves still loyal when they switched to being Sons of Horus? I love the colour scheme of SoH and I'm still trying to decide between Alpha and them.

There's also presumably army sized detachments sent elsewhere around the galaxy or attached to other legion's expeditions that had no idea about what happened and are still loyal to Terra, although they'd have to earn their trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Drake_263 posted:

I think I'm going to order in one and a five-bunch of resin Catahpractii bodies - I'll use one set to fill up my existing five-man heavy flamer squad and use the leftover plastic claws for a five-man clawnator squad.

Just wait a bit and I'm sure the plastic sprue will be cheaper than 5 resin bodies.

Edit: yeah 5 resin bodies is sixty bucks after shipping, no way the plastic sprue will be more than that.

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 6, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They don't have the mobility to put out new product that quickly in any shape. Besides, we knew about this release long before we had any idea how terrible fantasy would become.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

It's also pretty much confirmed by John Gramaticus and the alien council.

The going theory is that the Alpha Legion has a split, with Alpharius going all in with the Heresy and Omegon deciding to return to the Emperor. Eventually Omegon joins Garro's group, and becomes Janus, the first Supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Welcome to Warhammer.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Nuclear War posted:

When are the rules for Custodes coming out? That might actually get me into building an army

They'll probably be more like Assassins than an army in of themselves.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Are plasma cannons any good in 30k? I found a bag with 12 of them that I was going to run for a gimmick list at some point.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

IIRC it's like 6th edition, where generally all non-vehicle units are Denial units, and non-vehicle Troops are both Scoring and Denial.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Mortarion's pose sucks because a scythe is an awful, awkward weapon for actual combat.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

EC are on my shortlist because of how useless Eidolon is in the fluff. I love loser armies.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

krursk posted:

Leaked Dark Angels legion rules.
Schismatic Indignation
All models with Legion Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule gain +3 to WS when in assault with enemy models with the Legion Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule.

Poignant determination
All units with the Legion Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule may re-roll failed pinning tests when falling back.

Peritus Plumbum
All units with the Legion Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule may re-roll 1s when using Rotor Cannons.

They need a drawback. Make it so the Rotor Cannons also have to reroll 6's.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Looking at the sprues, it'll probably be about as hard to repose as the Imperial Knight - more effort than you'd wish, and probably easy to screw up.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Everything you paint has such distinctive style, Germ. Almost like a watercolor effect.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I would just magnetize the doors shut, and when you open them it won't really matter that the hinge doesn't work right as they flop down.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Besides Tomb King bits and Kromlech, does anyone make good Kopesh style swords?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

Going to be joining the psychic master race?

Nah, if I do 30k it'll probably be Blood Angels. I really liked Fear to Tread for some reason.

I want to convert the Mantic mummy models to be more egyptian, and I figure there were more 1k sons conversion parts over fantasy conversions.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Dorn stands atop a pile of eviscerated tyrant terminators, which is why he isn't released yet

To top Perturbaro, I think Dorn will be based on a 28mm scale model of Mt. Everest before the Imperial Palace was built.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Don't worry, Bulbasaur makes the same mistake all the time.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

I don't know who that guy is beyond being the kind of crummy librarian dude in Book VI. Is he in the audio dramas or some poo poo?

I hope the Nemean Reaver eventually gets a cool model, that's one of the few special characters I'd actually want to use. He's tough as gently caress and can be a Knight Errant which is how I'd be running him.

He's one of Garro's dudes. Used to be an Ultramarine. Garro went to Calth during the whole betrayal thing there (nice of Malcador not to warn the Ultramarines) and found him. He used to be a Librarian but was just a squad member after Nikea. Garro tried to get him to leave his squad but Rubio didn't want to abandon his brothers. They teamed up and destroyed some Defilers or Defiler-like constructs together and escaped into some tunnels. There was an ambush of some sort in there and the only way for them all to survive was for Rubio to use his psychic powers. All his ultra-friends were mad about this and shun him, they'd rather die meaninglessly, so Rubio goes with Garro.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Are jump packs good in 30k? I've been thinking about combining the Calth box with the new Death Company box that's coming out for some Blood Angels ever since SRM sang his siren song at Nova.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I've been waiting on mine with baited breath.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I think it's drat good.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

Thirty marines, five termies, five custodes and two characters. Is my guess.

I'd say 20 marines. There's going to be sisters of silence too.

I might just wait for this instead of Calth for my Blood Angels. I'm not a huge fan of Mark IV, and they don't look great for converting into jump dudes anyway.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I'd say red clay/martian. But I say that for everything.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

PantsOptional posted:

I'm actually a little surprised he has an axe and not the Spear of Russ.

IIRC he actually hated that spear and it's kind of an in joke among the old Dreadnoughts that the new wolves revere it.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I think Mark 3 will make for badass assault marines.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

IIRC the Ashen Circle are Mark 3. Getting appropriate jump packs will be hard though, Forge World doesn't sell them by themselves.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Also check your local gaming store. Sometimes the stores themselves will buy boxes, cut them up, and sell the pieces. Few years back I got 2x sets of Skaven from the fantasy starter box from a store.

Small rules question that I can't seem to find a good clarification on; if a model is holding two master-crafted weapons of the same type, do you get to re-roll two failed hits? Specifically for the Raven's Talons.

You only fight with one weapon, the second just gives you a bonus attack. You'll only get one reroll.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

IRC is for olds

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I don't think that's a public team, I can't join it.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I udpated the steps. I need your email first so I can send you assholes an invite

craigsniffen@craigsniffen.com

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Contemptor has a gun sword?

Flamer sword, actually.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

SteelMentor posted:

Supposedly it was supposed to be Bjorn, but one of the lore guys at Forge World pointed out it would be massively inconsistant with everything that's been written about Bjorn so far, and rather than retcon they invented this Geigor guy.

Still call him Bjorn.

It makes a lot of sense, even his claw fingers have the same ornamentation as Bjorn's powerfist fingers.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah, I fully expect that Horus Heresy will be a third game system, with a further modified version of 7th ed. They wouldn't spend so much time getting the Thousand Sons just right to throw it away in 4 months.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Feel No Pain has swapped between being a Khorne, Slaanesh, and Nurgle rule over the last two decades.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Probably one of the old codexes, but

Yellow: Assault Marine
Blue: Devastator Marine (not that you can tell on UMs)
Red: Sergeant
White: Veteran

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Oh, wrong thread. Well, Red for sergeants is post-Calth at least, though I think all the others are post-Codex.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

panascope posted:

Poison gets to reroll wounds against targets whose toughness is less than or equal to the strength of the poisoned weapon.

You only get poison rerolls in melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Some BODY once told me
The other Legions roll me
We ain't the strongest force in the game.

Our rules pretty dumb
And our units aren't too fun
Why not play Iron Hands instead?

(Smash Mouth is a haiku, right?)
No "In the shape of an IV on my pauldron"?!