Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Out of the blue question here, but looking up Rupert on Learn DB and this shows in the description:

For laughs, watch: "!lg * mfre killer=rupert 1 -tv:<0.5" or "!lg * kewn killer=rupert 1 -tv:<0.5".

What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

So, this tournament is really fun, it's making me think carefully about each step I take. I'm on my best run ever, but I feel like I'm a little underpowered in the resists/armour department. Any advice on what to do next? I've cleared E2 but I'm afraid of going down to E3. Choices are a few level of Vault or Depths or E3.

https://crawl.project357.org/morgue/unimpressed/unimpressed.txt

unimpressed the Executioner (Minotaur Berserker) Turns: 48318, Time: 04:04:34

Health: 203/203 AC: 31 Str: 30 XL: 19 Next: 4%
Magic: 8/8 EV: 10 Int: 4 God: Trog [******]
Gold: 3949 SH: 0 Dex: 15 Spells: 0 memorised, 18 levels left

rFire + . . SeeInvis + b - +6 battleaxe (antimagic)
rCold . . . Clarity . X - +1 plate armour {MR+}
rNeg + . . SustAt . (shield currently unavailable)
rPois . Gourm . (helmet unavailable)
rElec . Spirit . J - +2 cloak {+Inv}
rCorr . Warding . t - +2 pair of gloves
rMut . Stasis . Y - +2 pair of boots
MR ++... A - amulet of faith
Stlth .......... N - ring of positive energy
U - ring "Qoev" {Str+3 SInv Stlth-}

@: very resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 3, camouflage 1, agile 1, fire resistance 1,
robust 1
a: Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Burn Spellbooks, Renounce Religion,
Evoke Invisibility
}: 2/15 runes: decaying, gossamer

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Elf can get really scary for melee guys, especially if you don't know what to expect and don't have a plan for how to deal with it. Vaults is probably safer through 4. Then you could do elf, crypt (can also get scary for the unprepared) or depths. Elf is generally the easiest of those as long as things don't go pear-shaped, but that's very possible if you let yourself get surrounded by nasty elves. Whole floor vaults in depths can throw everything you'll find on elf: 3 and more at you, though.

Other, unrelated advice: get more dodging. A minor investment (12-13) will get you a significant increase in effective hit points. Just a few EV can make a big difference. Next, get a better ranged attack. Attack wands work, but you should have something more reliable. Evo or throwing are ideal if you have the tools (rods or javelins), if not I would go for an arbalest on that character, but I can see how some players might thing it's too much investment. Third, ID your wand of hasting, digging and any other wand you want to use to attack with. You have little use for the ID scrolls and that will let you make much better use of those wands. Finally, don't touch that obsidian axe!

Edit: for the future, use acquirement scrolls on "staves" on Trog characters. It's guaranteed to give you a rod. That will give you a great ranged option that scales with the best utility skill in the game.

Thanks for the detailed advice! Also, I was actually going to use that axe until you warned me and I read about it... Yikes

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

So I've just cleared Snake and Shoals and getting ready for the end game. I have a CPA +4, an antimagic battleaxe +7, executioner axe + 2 venom, or +1 elec. I also have 6 each of enchant armour/weapon.

Should I hold out for anything else from Trog weapon wise? I'm sure i'll get an executioner antimagic at some point or other, would that be a better brand than venon or elec?. Armour wise, am I better off just dumping everything into the CPA or holding out for golden dragon armour (and if so where do I get that, I've never seen it in a game)? Regardless, I'll be going for a 3 rune win since I've never ascended.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Man, I'm so glad I joined the tournament, it totally inspired me and I just got my first ever win! Over the moon right now, so many attempts.

https://crawl.project357.org/morgue/unimpressed/morgue-unimpressed-20151116-094412.txt

code:
1678742 unimpressed the Axe Maniac (level 27, 300/300 HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Berserker on Nov 15, 2015.
             Was the Champion of Trog.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on Nov 16, 2015!

The game lasted 06:29:13 (77292 turns).

unimpressed the Axe Maniac (Minotaur Berserker)    Turns: 77292, Time: 06:29:13

Health: 300/300    AC: 57    Str: 30    XL:     27
Magic:  32/32      EV: 27    Int:  6    God:    Trog [******]
Gold:   3939       SH:  0    Dex: 16    Spells: 0 memorised, 26 levels left

rFire  + . .     SeeInvis .     T - +9 executioner's axe (vamp)
rCold  + + .     Clarity  .     X - +10 crystal plate armour
rNeg   + + .     SustAt   .     (shield currently unavailable)
rPois  .         Gourm    .     v - +2 hat of the Bear Spirit {Spirit, +Rage rN+ MR++}
rElec  +         Spirit   +     b - +2 cloak of Starlight {rElec rC+ EV+4 Stlth--}
rCorr  .         Warding  +     c - +1 pair of gloves {Str+3}
rMut   .         Stasis   .     W - +2 pair of boots of the Fisher {MR+}
MR     +++++                    A - macabre finger necklace {Ward rN+}
Stlth  ..........               V - +5 ring of slaying
                                E - +3 ring of protection
                                r - ring "Iniukuv" {rF+ rC+}

@: almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, beak, horns 2, blurry vision 1, deterioration 1, robust
1, subdued magic 1
a: Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Burn Spellbooks, Renounce Religion,
Evoke Berserk Rage
0: Orb of Zot
}: 3/15 runes: serpentine, barnacled, silver

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

ZionestLord posted:

My first win in crawl ever!

Congrats! First win is the best win (also my only win).

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

LOL at all the streak people, I actually wouldn't mind if someone broke my streak of dead XL5 DECjs...

But seriously, how sad do you have to be to go to the effort just to break someone's streak.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

drat, the more DECj/FEs I send to their deaths, the more I realise how much MiBe is easy mode. I mean, I only ever ascended once, but I'd finish Lair and Orc more often than not. With DE/Magic I can't even finish Lair (on those very few occasions I get there) it's like playing on a knife edge, every move can be your last and you end up using so many more resources (cure, blink, tele, heal) just to get there.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

apple posted:

Speaking from personal experience, going from breaking the tab button with a side of invocations/evocations to blaster mage can be rough. Deep elves excel at blasting things to oblivion and are quite strong once you get past the RNG bump that usually is D:1 or D:2, but this is assuming you know which fights to pick which is something you rarely consider as a MiBe or similarly powerful combo.

The biggest thing is probably how much slower they play in comparison: instead of tabbing through fights you're probably going to be casting spells appropriate for the enemy (don't firestorm a quokka), you have to check that you're aiming your spell properly, you have to keep a safe distance from things a lot more often, you're going to have a lot more keybinds to use, etc. It's really fun and rewarding to get them going, but those games definitely last longer, so you gotta have some patience with them.

Yeah, I think the key idea I need to pick up is to just avoid some fights. I am pretty careful in the fights themselves, I position for least exposure, use distance, etc. But without a spell like mephitic cloud, once two yaks are next to me I'm pretty much dead if I don't use blink or tele and there aren't that many of those when you just start lair. I've died many times right at the entrance to lair after you go in. There's only one entrance, so I can't use one of the other two like on normal floors, and even if I kill something and run back up to heal, they're all waiting down there.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

apple posted:

Whose side are you on, Okawaru :colbert:

Why on earth would an XXX of Beauty have +Inv? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

apple posted:

Yeah, crawl encourages a lot of hybridizing for that reason, I like to pump a decent amount of points into dodging/fighting so I can tank at least a few hits while the enemy sits in a flame cloud or so I can cast sticky flame. The more fights you can macho-man through (with a real plan, of course), the more you can save scrolls of blinking/fear/etc. for emergencies.

Yeah, this might be my problem too, I'm always eager to get the next spell working with low failure, maybe I should stick it out longer with a simple L2 like searing ray and spend more on fighting/dodging before getting battlesphere (this on a Cj, but applies the same way to Sticky and Fireball with FE).

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Mr. Despair posted:

Eh, I'm using a fair amount of disaster area and upheaval in my current game and I'm never dropping below 6*, even without faith. Unless you're using Upheaval as your primary mode of attack it's just not needed.

one of the best vaults

My favourite is Trog's burning wizard vault, especially when you find it early and you're like, oh poo poo, a wizard.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

apple posted:

I think so, but it doubles as a free scroll of amnesia (for apportation)

Wait, why? how?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

You can forget any spell for free if you're carrying a book that contains a copy of it.

Oh, OK, I just checked this and the book gets destroyed, cool.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I need some caster advice. Against all odds, my DEFE is still alive at L7 but I'm feeling like he's pretty poo poo against anything with FR. So basically, this is the first time I've gotten anywhere with a caster and I don't really know how to proceed.

He currently has the following spells:

Flame Tongue, Conjure Flame, Sticky Flame, Fireball, Mephitic Cloud, Bolt of Fire, Conjure Ball Lightning, Poison Arrow and Poison Cloud.

I also have the books Lehudib's Handbook of Dusty Damage, Flames, Clouds, Ice, Maledictions, Sif Muna's Disquisition on Fire and Intoxication, Vaciel's compendium of Arcane Weapons and Book of the Dragon.

What kind of spells should I be looking for to round out my abilities?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am in Lair 7 and it just seems that Poison Arrow is a bit underwhelming. Lightning balls work well, but I have no eElec so they're scaring the poo poo out of me. Anyway, I'll keep going and see.

For those who asked, my current magic skills are conj 11.8, charms 5.8, fire 14, air 7.8, poison 8.7 and also I have 6.5 fighting and 12.1 dodging, so haven't been neglecting the defensives.

Is it worth skilling up armour as a caster?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Tony Montana posted:

Ok I lost another like 4 loving Wizards yesterday in the early levels. Please can someone write me a super brief 'How to be a starter Wizard' guide or a couple of dot points.

I currently go High Elf coz they seem cool and Wiz because I want to access all or most of the magic tree eventually.

I have been:
Turning off everything but Spellcasting and Conjurations so I can get Magic Dart up to useful quickly
Going slowly and when getting to level 2, taking Summon Imp, Blink and Slow.
Then keep using Magic Dart, keep going slowly and when in trouble, poo poo out Imps, slow the enemy and blink away if I need to.

I keep getting killed doing this, Grinder totally hosed my rear end in a top hat. A worm or rat can bite off half my HP in one turn. I'm grabbing a short blade if I see one to help me if I get bum rushed, but should I be wearing the leather I routinely see? Will it impact my spells much? I could really use the AC.

I'm by no means an expert having not even come close to ascending with a caster. But I have gotten much better at surviving the early stages. Firstly, rest after every fight to full hp and magic. Secondly, always know where the up stairs are and where you have a narrow corridor to limit enemies to one at a time. Run away to a safer place even if you are right next to an enemy. As an elf (Deep or High) you are fairly evasive and you won't get hit as much as you might think. Avoid ghosts and uniques as much as possible, then come back to them from two levels deeper (i.e. you're two dungeon levels stronger than when you first saw them). Liberal use of autoexplore is discouraged. Liberal use of exclusion zones around uniques is encouraged. Make sure you ID stuff earlier than you would as melee since a single poisoning can kill you due to your pathetic HP. Also, don't put any experience into spellcasting early on, just focus on conjurations to make your spells stronger. If you control your engagement you will rarely run out of magic and your engagements will be shorter due to your spells being stronger. Kite the crap out of worms, they're way slower than you. Grinder (and most other uniques) will gently caress you if you're unlucky, it's just how it is.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Sorry but who the gently caress thought it would be a good idea for kobolds in D2 to have a short sword of draining? I don't have any loving skills to lose this early in the game. One hit and my DEFE has turned into a doddering fool with the ability to do gently caress all about saving his life. That's just shithouse.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Same reason the first enemy you encounter can be a goblin that stabs you with an electric dagger for an OHKO; RNG.

Be wary of anything with a dangerous brand, especially early on, and remember you can see if an enemy has a branded weapon.

Yeah, but I don't usually view every enemy with a branded weapon because I can almost always afford to get hit once by a bloody kobold and they usually die quick to throw flame. But draining is a bastard especially when your skills are so low in the first place. I guess I can't complain when I technically have the option to view every enemy and see what the brand is, but that would be tedious as gently caress.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Yeah, angry MiBe kills ghosts with ease. I die to ghosts way way more as DEFRA, everything else too...

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Politics threads give the worst avs, sports threads give the best. Who'da thunk it?

To stay on topic, all this wiz talk is giving me a crawl craving, maybe HEWz could be the caster I get my first rune with?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Tony Montana posted:

I would have thought a first rune would be MiBe. It's ridiculous how easy they are compared to a caster, once I've got plate and a decent axe I'm just tabbing my way through Lair branches with ease (multiple runes). I still get killed later, but getting a few runes seems pretty easy once you've learned a little about the game.

Yeah, I got my only win (3 runes) with a MiBe and now I'm trying to get somewhere, anywhere, with a caster, any caster.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Arivia posted:

I just don't know when I'll possibly have the energy or motivation to get that far again. I really thought this was the one. :(

A good trick is to start a new character right after a disappointing loss, get it up a couple of levels and then save and quit. Then when you next think about playing you have a character already started or maybe you don't get to the quit part because you just flow into playing this new guy.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Question for you experts, which of these weapons should my MiFi^Oka shield bearer be wielding? If you can tell me why that would be even better. Cheers and merry christmas.

code:
 y - the +2 scimitar "Gileu" (weapon) {venom, +Rage +Fly Str+2 Dex+6}
   (You found it in an ice cave)   

It poisons the flesh of those it strikes.

It affects your strength (+2).
   It affects your dexterity (+6).
   It lets you fly.
   It lets you go berserk.
 J - the +3 scimitar "Wixkawne" {antimagic, Int+2 Dex+2}
   (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 6 of the Lair of Beasts)   

It disrupts the flow of magical energy around spellcasters and certain
   magical creatures (including the wielder).

It affects your intelligence (+2).
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
 N - a +3 vampiric scimitar
 Z - a +5 falchion of protection

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately I ended up dying in Shoals (I bloody hate that place) even though I dived to L4. I only had one mapping scroll, guess I should've used it.

So why is vampiric so good? Does the HP you get trump other brands that much?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Arivia posted:

Goddamn it I don't suppose that's an OS X Tiles version? No? :smith:

It's pretty easy to clone the repo and build your own. I'm on holidays right now but when I get back next week I'll gladly build you whatever version you want if you don't know how to do it.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

drat you crawl. After 3 hours, XL 16, finally gets a scroll of acquirement. Asks for armour, gets +0 hat.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

Do you expect to get acquirement before that? I'm pretty sure that on a lot of games I don't get it at all.

Honestly if there's anything half decent in a shop I just acquire gold now.

Well, I rarely survive that long and I see quite a few of them. But really I was complaining about the bloody hat. Ironically I was reading Majang's octopus diary this morning where this happened to him and thought how unlucky for him...

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

So, what's the smart staff to use for this guy? http://pastebin.com/BYR7FhEx

I'm thinking staff of fire since I'm going around fireballing everything right now and hunger, while a problem, can usually be solved relatively easily. Would I be better off with the staff of energy (or earth)? Also, I'm loving this run so far, got staff of fire and energy, then a scroll of acq and went for a staff, got a staff of earth. Compared to my +0 hat last run, I'm a happy gargoyle.

Also, for all newbs like me who are trying to play a caster after winning with the obligatory MiBe. Try GrEE^Ve, it's fun as hell, even if I keep dying after Lair, at least I'm getting there relatively consistently.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Thanks for the staff advice everyone. Unfortunately I ran into Saint Roka and thought I could take him. I was wrong. Still, I'll keep the advice and reasons in mind for next time I'm lucky enough to have such choice (never again?).

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

To all new vault builders, please build them for D4 so I can access the content. Thanks in advance.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

OK, this has happened a few times and it's really loving stupid and annoying. Playing as a GrEE, I'm dependent, at the very early stages of the game, on wielding stones to get some more power out of my sandblast. I also want to have a weapon in hand for when I'm not wielding stones. Picking up and wielding a mundane weapon, it turns out it's cursed and being so early in the game, I have no scrolls to even try, so I'm basically stuck muddling through on the off chance of surviving, or, more rationally, I quit and start again given my <1000 turn investment. Thing is, it's stupid and unfun. Maybe remove mundane looking cursed weapons from D1-2/3 or something?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

megane posted:

You can just not wield them until you have a rcurse scroll

Sure, I know that, but starting as a caster with 3MP it's almost a requirement to wield something for easier enemies like rats, etc. At that early stage of the game, I generally pick and wield the first weapon I can find just to have something in my hands.

Humans Among Us posted:

It's gambling and i like it. Just embrace the gamble and die with honor with your lovely cursed dagger or you know, don't sweat it, act like a tennis-shoe and just DO IT :thumbsup:

No, it's not gambling. Gambling is when you find a runed item and know you're taking a chance. I look at my unread scrolls and gamble about the cloak (for example) being uncursed and about one of the 4 different unread scrolls I have being rcurse. With a mundane weapon, of which almost all are simply mundane, there's no real expectation of any special benefit, just surprise and annoyance at being stuck with a stupid -1 dagger and not being able to switch to wielding stones for when I encounter 3 jackals and have only 3MP.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

Mundane items can be cursed but not enchanted, so that it's not worthwhile IDing every mundane weapon like it used to be
Not really. Kite rats to get MP back, maybe train a level of spellcasting early for a bit of extra MP.

I already do that. My start as a GrEE is all skills off except spellcasting 66% and Earth 33% I find that early on kiting, esp on D1 is usually a recipe for death until you've cleared most of it. Worst thing is running away from something only to find something else has appeared. At XL1/2 (MP 3/5) you have so few options. Basically, the v. early game as a caster sucks anyway and having to deal with the occasional cursed mundane weapon just makes it suck more, for zero gain in terms of gameplay.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Most backgrounds don't need to pick up random weapons off the ground on D:1, but for those that do cursed mundane weapons are a pretty pointless kick in the balls. I'm not sure what gameplay purpose they serve. Arcane marksmen is a good example of a background that is made really annoying by this. You don't want to waste your ammo on every rat, but you don't start with a weapon other than your bow or any offensive magic. So either you try to punch stuff too death which sucks, or you try and pick up a weapon. Most of the time the weapon is fine and you play on as normal. Sometimes its a cursed -4 whip and then you just sit there wondering what you did to deserve that.

Of course this is just one thing in a list of Crawl early early early game problems that is probably never going to get changed since its relevant for D:1 and that's about it.

This exactly! The only saving grace of this stupidity is that it happens early in the game so I don't mind just restarting. Stumbling through with a cursed weapon, read-iding scrolls as soon as I find them looking for that rcurse is not fun.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Just had a red ugly thing on D5. Suffice it to say I died...

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Arivia posted:

Finally got another TeCj to the bottom of Lair despite some lovely lovely luck: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Arivia/Arivia.txt

Just looking for the usual advice on skilling and what I should try to do equipment-wise next. Is it worth enchanting troll leather, or should I hold out for something else? (And if so, what?)

Couple odds and ends questions:

1) Does the game guarantee most gods (excepting the rare ones like Jivya or Makhleb) appear before d:10 or something? It seems like any time I've not found an altar to Vehumet in Temple, there's one in the next few levels.

One point to make just in case is that sometimes you will explore a floor and get a partially explored message where there is an altar in an enclosed area that is only accessible by going down one level and then going up a staircase. I once went all the way down to D10 without finding Vehumet only to realise he was on D4 and I needed to go up all the stairs from D5 to find him. So basically if you haven't found all three proper down stairs (not the brown ones) on a level, go down and try all the proper up stairs. There may be an altar there.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I'd love a little help with this guy.

code:
Unimpressed the Thaumaturge (GrEE)                 Turns: 53098, Time: 04:13:11

Health: 104/104    AC: 27    Str: 13    XL:     17   Next: 66%
Magic:  34/34      EV: 21    Int: 32    God:    Vehumet [******]
Gold:   2311       SH:  6    Dex: 12    Spells: 10 memorised, 5 levels left

rFire  + + .     SeeInvis +     b - staff of earth
rCold  + . .     Clarity  .     I - +2 robe {rF+}
rNeg   + + .     SustAt   .     g - +1 buckler {rC+}
rPois  ?          Gourm    .     p - +2 helmet {SInv}
rElec  +         Spirit   .     A - +0 cloak
rCorr  .         Warding  +     j - +0 pair of gloves
rMut   .         Stasis   .     T - +0 pair of boots
MR     ++...                    c - amulet of the King {Ward rF+ rN+ Int+10 Stlth-}
Stlth  ++........               Y - +5 ring of evasion
                                t - ring of protection from magic

@: flying, very resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy
A: big wings, slimy green scales 1, thin skeletal structure 1, breathe flames 1,
negative energy resistance 1, electricity resistance, unbreathing, petrification
resistance, rot immunity, AC +12
a: Stop Flying, Renounce Religion, Breathe Fire

My best GrEE ever, just cleared Lair, Orc and E1/2 (-hall of blades, don't need a weapon). I was going for the Earth/Fire build as per Majang's guide but Vehumet has offered me LCS, Shatter and Tornado, and I haven't found firestorm. I have found a staff of air and can go back to get it if required. Question is, should I be switching to an Earth/Air or continue without having Firestorm?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Thanks for the advice! Turns out I'm a dumb (well, I already knew it, really), but I had a book of Annihilations with Firestorm in it, so my angst was in vain, though I did learn from the responses I got so that's good. Going well so far, up to XL19 and cleared Shoals and Snake 1-3 and now going back to Snake 4 for the rune. I noted the comments on my armour (or lack thereof). In the interim I found a robe of the Archmagi +2 which I'm led to believe is the best thing for a caster. Is this true, or should I still be looking to improve my armour situation? I have a few enchant armour scrolls which I'm saving for a dead dragon, but I could start enhancing my boots/gloves etc if Archmagi is the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

So, much to my astonishment, my GrEE isn't dead yet. I've reached XL25 and about to go into V5, but I've got some armour options I'd like to ask about. I have access to a fire dragon hide, a quicksilver hide, a storm dragon armour and my currently worn Archmagi robe.

I'm thinking of switching to quicksilver due to the extra MR but I'm a bit put off by not being able to enchant it any further. Is quicksilver the way to go or should I go fire? I figure storm is a waste since I have inherent rElec.

Thanks for all the help so far.

• Locked thread