Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Rollofthedice posted:

oh man bad question time

I think those were submitted by the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
So all three aren't even on the stage at once? This is fairly pathetic.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
The only thing people are going to remember about O'Mally tonight is that he wears a kilt.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
That's the second time he's brought up the "15 years of executive experience"

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Spiky Ooze posted:

So all three aren't even on the stage at once? This is fairly pathetic.

The DNC will do... something? if they are all on stage at the same time, since then it's a debate, and the DNC said they can't do any debates other than the officially DNC sanctioned ones

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Hi Bernie

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"as opposed to some other unnamed candidates ;) for me it was a no-brainer"

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Ralp posted:

"as opposed to some other unnamed candidates ;) for me it was a no-brainer"

Well he's certainly not directly attacking any other candidates

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

memy posted:

The DNC will do... something? if they are all on stage at the same time, since then it's a debate, and the DNC said they can't do any debates other than the officially DNC sanctioned ones

Oh for sure the DNC is at fault for the terrible format. Fuckers.

At least Bernie is getting in a few new jabs here.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

That last audience question Q&A session with Bernie was adorable.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Yeah Bernie doin a lot better in this format. I think he only had one dodge too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Smiling is probably something Bernie needs to do more.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Xelkelvos posted:

And mention his grandchildren. Itty Bitty Bolsheviks!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Xelkelvos posted:

Has to be a smile with no teeth though.

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
Honestly this format is a lot easier to follow. It'd be more interesting to have all the candidates there together, but at least this way you can hear the entire answer.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Coatlicue posted:

Honestly this format is a lot easier to follow. It'd be more interesting to have all the candidates there together, but at least this way you can hear the entire answer.

It also provides a better avenue for follow up.

On the other hand, it's just generally less of a clusterfuck compared to whatever the Republicans would do.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Hah, if the RNC wanted one of these, it'd have to be an eight hour special.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah I like it! Seems like a good format to supplement to the regular debates, and scheduled at a good time (not friday night, that sucks, but this month I mean, at this stage of primary campaigns). I guess it's similar to the meet-and-greet or whatever the republicans did but that was completely stupid and worthless, there were so many candidates and it was before any real debates even happened.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Hillary could moderate. She's the only one with experience spending that much time talking

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Coatlicue posted:

Huge downside in my opinion is it's essentially just ad time.

Rachel Maddow is one smart lady, but these people are too prepared to be flustered by just the moderator.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Ralp posted:

yeah I like it! Seems like a good format to supplement to the regular debates, and scheduled at a good time (not friday night, that sucks, but this month I mean, at this stage of primary campaigns). I guess it's similar to the meet-and-greet or whatever the republicans did but that was completely stupid and worthless, there were so many candidates and it was before any real debates even happened.

I agree, I'm liking this too, it could never replace the debates but it's nice to actually hear the candidates talk for longer than 60 seconds at a time. I wouldn't mind having another, especially since the DNC is dead set on not expanding the debate schedule

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary wants to help fat white people

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Am I hearing a lot of people say robust more often because of Veep or are people saying robust a lot more because of Veep?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Oh another bad part is you can only watch the person you wanted to see have their segment, then stop watching. This is a really bad format even if it seems less "gotcha" or whatever.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I aggree with Hillary that there should be the possibility that maybe there should be considered the discussion about potentially using the death penalty.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The next Democratic debate is on a Saturday night so it could be worse than this in terms of people not watching it

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

what the heck is this

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
Hillary dodging the REAL QUESTIONS

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

HIllary should have said Marco Rubio.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

BOOOOOOOOOO

like for real, that's an actual substantive question, name literally anything that any of your opponents support that you think isn't the absolute worst, you shouldn't be able to spin out of that poo poo even in a cushy environment like this

tinstaach has issued a correction as of 03:39 on Nov 7, 2015

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol at trying to straddle the fence on the introvert vs extrovert question

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

The Kingfish posted:

HIllary should have said Marco Rubio.

"Marco Rubio, because at least I know I can get his help for real immigration reform and a path to citizenship."

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Lord of Pie posted:

lol at trying to straddle the fence on the introvert vs extrovert question

That was a worse answer than the VP one

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Hillary is so good at making these broad general references to nebulous topics like discrimination or whatever without invoking any kind of specific proposals besides "we'll take a hard look at it" and its kind of nauseating really

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
It's ironic that Rachel asked that vp question, because I recall her (maddow) being on another talk show, I think Trevor Noah, and he asked her who she would vote for if she had to vote for a gop candidate. Maddow refused to pick someone.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I mean poo poo, say Donald Trump, wait for people to stop laughing, then talk about how he said some good stuff about the VA and UHC. Is that so toxic?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

She even mentioned that the one she endorses gets hurt. She could have followed it with, "So definitely Donald Trump *WINK*."

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

tinstaach posted:

I mean poo poo, say Donald Trump, wait for people to stop laughing, then talk about how he said some good stuff about the VA and UHC. Is that so toxic?

it might stump the Trump and they want him in the race because he is a bull in the GOP's chinashop.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pavlov posted:

She even mentioned that the one she endorses gets hurt. She could have followed it with, "So definitely Donald Trump *WINK*."

I think she was ready to do that but then decided that no publicity is ever bad publicity for him, which idk I think is probably true. Naming Rubio and rattling off a few words about immigration, as someone suggested, was probably the best strategy there imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How did Bernie do?

• Locked thread