Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Grouchio posted:

How did Bernie do?

He did well, mostly because he was finally able to show his human side with some good laughs and sharing that his grandchildren are one of the most important things he has in life. Still not the best on gun talk, but also not terrible. He was pretty solid through the majority of his time and probably came out with more of a "win" than Clinton or O'Malley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Lord of Pie posted:

lol at trying to straddle the fence on the introvert vs extrovert question

She was only able to answer ONE of the personal questions in a real or honest way, the one about learning a foreign language. She uses so many goddamn words to say essentially nothing. I can't take it.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Is there a way to watch this on demand anywhere? All I can find are clips

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
It appears that MSNBC hosted an echo chamber full of low energy tonight. C/D?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Grouchio posted:

How did Bernie do?

O'Malley dodged so many questions that Maddow finally called him out on having not answered any of them yet, but he got in a few jabs at Hillary. His old political photo was one where he was campaigning for Gary Hart.

Bernie did pretty good I thought, but when he was talking about trying to steal back the working class white people from the Republicans the camera kept going to the black people in the crowd glaring at him. His old political photo was the one where he was talking at the segregation sit-in at the University of Chicago .

Hillary Hillary'd a lot. When asked if she was an introvert or an extrovert she said she was an extro-introvert. Her old political photo was of her getting married to Bill. :lol:

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Spiky Ooze posted:

So all three aren't even on the stage at once? This is fairly pathetic.
Really what does that add tho

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Frog Act posted:

Hillary is so good at making these broad general references to nebulous topics like discrimination or whatever without invoking any kind of specific proposals besides "we'll take a hard look at it" and its kind of nauseating really

She's a democrat :shrug:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

Really what does that add tho

The illusion that the proceedings are more than a promotional press conference.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
A debate where candidates argue a position for or against a policy proposal within a time limit using research and facts would be ownage and utterly incomprehensible to 85% of America, lmao

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKb1ypU350

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

wow is Larry David's impression of Bernie terrible

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Gregoriev posted:

wow is snl terrible

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Gregoriev posted:

wow is Larry David's impression of Bernie terrible

Are you more of a James Adomian fan or are you just butthurt?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Larry David's impersonation of wasn't great but it was really good compared to the rest of the show.

Adomian's act has more specific Bernie mannerisms while Larry David's is more generic old NY Jewish guy imo.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

David mimicked Bernie's physical tics pretty well, like lip-licking and pointyfingers.

And Cecily Strong nailed Rachel.

I miss Amy Poehler's Hillary, though.

The impersonations were fine, it's just that in typical SNL fashion the jokes sucked.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Everyone agrees that James Adomian does a better Bernie but no one will vote for him.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Are you more of a James Adomian fan or are you just butthurt?

That video of him doing the improv debate with the actor portraying Trump was amazing. I just think Larry David only got the physical tics down, but the voice impression is nonexistent and the jokes don't really come off as jokes about Bernie so much as dumb lovely SNL jokes said by Larry David. Like that entire tangent about vacuum pennies, for instance.

Also this.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
The whole gag with Larry David's Sanders is Bernie is actually Larry David.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

comes along bort posted:

The whole gag with Larry David's Sanders is Bernie is actually Larry David.

The best way to make that gag work is to bring on Bernie as Larry David

• Locked thread