Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Sent.

Not as active on the forums as I used to be, but still a frequent lurker.
Won't be upset about anything I get, but would like to avoid t-shirts, and I don't plan on sending one. I just bought my first new car, a 2015 Civic EX sedan 5MT, but will always love my gen 1 Forester (RIP) and will always be a Subaru fanboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Dear Santee, I don't have platinum, so wasn't able to super creep you, but I got ideas.

Also what's the rules regarding pre-orders? Is it something that would be too hard to verify that I'm not deadbeat and I should find something else?
What I'm thinking of getting wouldn't ship until June, and I'd put to ship to my Santee's address directly. I would ship a christmas card with a few things in it and some sort of print out with the gift details (and probably dead bugs).

Thoughts anyone?

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

Are we talking a Kickstarter "preorder" where there is a real chance of it not actually coming through, or a real preorder where it is just a matter of time? I'd be a bit hesitant to call a Kickstarter pledge a good AISS gift, but I'm sure the community has more to say about that.

It was kickstarted, and from what I understand all Kickstarter backers have received it, and now general public can pre-order but doesn't ship to them until summer. If you want I can email you specifics (don't wanna give it away as it's likely obvious).

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Santa arrived! :yotj:

Pretty heavy. Can't wait to see what's inside.

Oooooo a card!

Great card.

Sweet! Magnet and candy!

A garbage bag full of flyers?

Beer! Craft Beer! From Oregon!

We've got three Pale Ales, and three Double Red Ales.

Didn't get a shot of it alone, but I also got this weird bottle of mustard, I can't read the Mexican all over it so I'm not sure about it. Taste's off.

Also it wasn't t really possible to get a picture of it, but he also sent me a wicked car cover, to keep my new civic nice and cozy.

Thanks a bunch Santa, BLK! The beers are in the Canadian Cooler (on my front step) getting cold, I'm gonna try one of each tonight.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
I'm still waiting for one last piece of the gift. Should have shipped a week ago, emailed them today and they were like "Oh.. sorry we forgot to ship it."

I guess that's what I get for buying from not-amazon.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Dear Santee, I got a message from my room mate, the other half of your gift arrived this afternoon after I left town. I'll be home Tuesday and will ship your gift. I am so sorry.

Never ordering from Not-Amazon ever again. "Oriders ship within 7 business days" turned into "Order will be shipped after you email us after 15 business days, and we won't even respond to that email, we'll just ship the order. But we won't actually ship it, we will just send the info to USPS so they give you a tracking number, and then 3 days later we will actually give it to USPS"

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
:siren: :siren: Hey Sock, just sent you an email. :siren: :siren:

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

Bajaha posted:

It's almost 2016 and my Santa has been lazy or delayed, haven't been emailed by Sock so I'm pretty sure he/she's not a deadbeat. Hopefully the postal system hasn't let me down :ohdearsass:
Santa here,
It is on it's way!
Santa ordered part of your gift from some other elves, and they were lazy and took forever to ship it. It is on it's way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Canada Post says it's delivered.

• Locked thread