Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I stood on top of the Squalo and tethered the logo at the front and kept retethering ahead of me and pulling down the road, essentially "driving" it all the way to the nearest marina. The line of cars behind me on the mountain pass was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I never tried doing that but figured it might be possible to take out the base without disabling the nuke. How did you do it exactly?

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I originally thought I'd never get good at the wingsuit challenges or would at least have to wait until I unlocked more abilities, but the more I played the more I understood it. I know I'm wrong, but the feel of the wingsuit during challenges seems much different from using it around the open world, because it's generally NOT a good idea to grapple during the challenges. You should generally only need slight adjustments left and right, and never pull up more than you need to or you'll lose too much forward momentum. I have yet to find a course where you need to grapple or brake, as they all seem designed that you should have just enough momentum from the initial drop to complete the whole course.

Now, as I seek to 5-gear everything for achievements, I'm finding that the wingsuit challenges are actually going easier than the land races. The car mechanics can be so uncontrollable, and drifting around tight corners (gently caress you Mountain Pass Sprint) is a crap shoot.

l33t b4c0n fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 4, 2016

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I dreaded the air races from my experience with JC2, and then in JC3 they must have changed the basics of flight because they were super-easy to master once you unlock a jet.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
Is it just me or is it taking a long time for any of the Season Pass stuff to come out? There's been almost no info on any of it, aside from a brief announcement that "Sky Fortress" was "coming soon"at the beginning of January.

Also, don't laugh at me for buying a Season Pass. My wife got it for me as a gift.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
So nobody's mentioned it yet, but the Land DLC came out yesterday.

It's not bad. The mechs are fun to pilot and very destructive. But it's short. Given the lack of hype for it even being released, I feel like the DLC is just too little too late. I don't understand what's taking so long for such meager DLC to be released.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

foozwak posted:

As short as the DLC's have been so far I generally enjoyed them and absolutely enjoyed the new stuff they brought to the game. It just makes me wish they had those things in the base game, because the Air DLC wingsuit basically changes the game at almost a fundamental level. The was little reason to be on the ground before, now it's basically "don't ever land for anything unless you absolutely have to". I really even only open the parachute to occasionally blast things with a launcher.

I think my problem with the DLC is, as I said, it's too little too late. I have thought the additions brought with the DLC have been fun so far... but considering I beat the base game ages ago without any real challenge, I just feel like there's no real opportunities to actually have fun with the additional weapons and vehicles. Even if I reset outposts, it just seems pointless.

Maybe it's just me, but the difficulty compared to JC2 seems so much lower as well. If I get an absurdly destructive mech, I'd like to have enemies that send absurd amounts of poo poo at me to stop me, so I can have a chaotic battle. Instead it's like 3 jeeps that I can destroy with a single button.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Also, they tried to make Rico more sympathetic, but that only makes it worse for when you attach a civilian to a helicopter blade.

The fact that it's suppose to be set in Rico's homeland ruins the whole chaos and destruction angle. If he's suppose to be liberating his own people, then it doesn't make sense for him to be stealing cars or shooting people cheering him on. It makes him seem like a total psychopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
Chiming it with everyone else to agree that overall, the game was underwhelming.

-The DLC felt like they were phoning it in. Why were all of the cutscenes cartoon mattes instead of rendered using the in-game models? Could they really not be bothered to render the scenes?
-Characters are extremely forgettable and NOT FUNNY, despite the fact that they seem to be trying to make the characters one-dimensional comedic stereotypes. I played the main game so long ago that I forget who Looch even is. Am I suppose to remember this guy?
-I don't expect a stellar plot when playing a Just Cause game, but at least the Just Cause 2 plot was serviceable. There was no real investment to be had in this game's plot. They seemed to be setting up something good with Sheldon's behind the scenes dealings crossing the line and backstabbing Rico, but then they just drop it.
-The final boss is... well... not sure what that was.

I think what bothered me most is that Just Cause 2 seemed to see itself as a bit of a satire, where as Just Cause 3 tries to be serious. And it fails terribly. In the end, 3 is not the worst game. I had fun playing it. It just could have been so much better, and the problems seem glaringly obvious. I'm left wondering why it ended up like this.

• Locked thread