Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

Lay off the FAKE NEWS! ACTIVIST BLOGGERS BIASED LEFTIST MAINSTREAM MEDIA :bahgawd: crack pipe that is so popular in the right these days and try to understand that blogs, Yle and other journalism use those exact same numbers and actually analyze the data, critically ecamine the sources and look at the real world situation behind the numbers.
Here's a typical Yle article, the kind that you love:
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9832572
Headline:

quote:

Köyhät köyhtyvät ja rikkaat rikastuvat: Laskelmat todistavat tuloerojen kasvavan
Rikkaiden ja köyhien välinen ero on pysynyt melko tasaisena toistakymmentä vuotta, mutta ero alkaa nyt revetä.

Now you probably stopped reading there at the headline and filed this as another one of your ":qq: things are so bad :qq:" articles to quote here at some point, but if you actually look at the article:

In the body of the text, the "repeäminen" of tuloerot:

quote:

Yeah, that's great and all but please go back to my post, point out and quote where I said unemployment is rising.

quote:

Thing's are not getting better on employment, lol. Tens of thousands are being exploited in ridicolous "työkokeilut" for starters,
Sorry, I forgot for a second that "declining unemployment with the same amount of people in työkokeilu DOESN'T mean things are getting better in DarkCrawler land, because reducing poverty and unemployment is not an improvement for you unless it comes with at least someone losing money. Because in your world, nothing is a success unless the people who are doing better than you suffer in some way.

quote:

Inequality not increasing at this one very short moment does not mean there is now no inequality, that this government is decreasing inequality or that the massive cuts instituted by this government did not hit the poor harder then the wealthy.
Ahhhh look at all those massive cuts killing the poor:

http://www.julkari.fi/bitstream/handle/10024/135425/Suomensosiaalinentila_4_2017_final2_korjattu.pdf?sequence=1

quote:

Point me a poverty reducing measure instituted by this government that isn't a vague platitude about "economic growth" that you have hard time attributing to this government in a first place.
A policy that helps the rich MORE then it helps the middle class or the poor is lovely policy. Until you accept that is where most people are coming from, you're just not going to make mich headway here.
Why? Once again, this comes down to you just being driven by envy. If I can improve the incomes of the poorest people by 10% with a measure that also increases the incomes of the rich by 20%, why on earth would I not do that?? Because little middle class DarkCrawler is going to be jealous of some rich people doing better than him?

quote:

And here is the thing about primary sources. They are vague and use soft language because they are usually, especially in the case of organizations the scale of IMF meant to not offend any particular government and increase cooperation with the organization. So it is very easy to make any argument you want using ONLY primary sources. Like say, if you were making the argument that this government hasn't achieved much.
uhh IMF is not one of the primary sources I was referring to.

Geriatric Pirate fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Nov 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkest Auer posted:

People in työkokeilu or any other 9-euros-a-day labor are not actually employed. I'm sorry if you think otherwise.

Great comment, except it's completely irrelevant because they're not counted as employed by Tilastokeskus* and the number of people on Työkokeilu has barely risen since 2015.

*if you thought they were, it's because you were thinking about the TEM unemployment statistics, but even there they are not really labeled as employed, they're just not "työttömät työnhakijat". they also make up less than 5% of all job seekers, but I guess they're just something for you to rage at

Geriatric Pirate fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 21, 2017

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krabboss posted:

I just moved to Finland from Australia 5 months ago. This country desperately needs more public servants. Also Australia recently replicated Finland's system of forcing the unemployed into doing underpaid labor in order to get the dole. It's exploitative and bad.

Also alcohol costs too much and everybody is depressed.

This country has been steadily adding more and more public servants (supported by the same amount of private sector workers for 60 years now)

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rappaport posted:

Mitenkähän se on meidän arkkilibertaarimme mielestä, kuinka usein saa VERON MAKSAJAN RAHALLA käydä kusella ja paskalla

Maybe it's time for the state to introduce a National making GBS threads Directive telling people when to go to the toilet because they are incapable of doing so themselves? I mean this is working out exactly the way it should be, länsimetro has bad conditions so drivers leave, the employer (eventually)* figures out a solution and then new guys are recruited.

*but seeing as this is a government body, I wouldn't expect any urgency - see also, ticket machines for the trains at the airport

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

And Germans pay like three times less for something that doesn't have the texture and edibility of rubber.

Might have something to do with the fact that the labour unions don't run their country

https://seura.fi/asiat/ajankohtaista/saksassa-osa-saa-niin-pienta-palkkaa-etta-silla-ei-tule-toimeen-ja-suomessa-haikaillaan-samaa

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkest Auer posted:

Turns out labor costs go down when you don't have to pay anything to your employees. I'd rather pay a little more taxes and a little more for a kebab than live in a society that has slaves though.

That's probably because you don't pay taxes. I'd rather pay less taxes, have people who would otherwise be unemployed people doing productive stuff (slaves working willingly and for pay) and pay less for kebabs though.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krabboss posted:

The key to a good society is cheap kebab by way of an exploited workforce incapable of collective bargaining.

No, you're right, a much better society is one where low-skilled people just sit around and everyone else pays crazy taxes so that we can protect the "rights" of the people who are lucky enough to have got permanent, union-protected jobs. Because letting low-skilled workers into the workforce would be slavery and paying huge amounts of money for anything that isn't imported doesn't really hurt anyone. After all, the TRUE key to a good society is preserving the privileges of the middle classes who have jobs-for-life, not taking care of the poor or ensuring that our economy won't go the way of Greece in 20 years.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krabboss posted:

I'm not really sure what you're saying. I don't see how tax is related to low skill workers being unemployed. That's the case in every country. The tax in my home country of Australia is lower than it is here, but youth unemployment in my home town is still 30%. Industries which don't require high skill workers are dying in Australia and the same is true in Finland.

You seem to mostly want to bust up unions so that wages go down and more people are employed part time. I'm not sure how that would take care of the poor or what it has to do with taxes. I mean I'm new the country so I could very well be wrong, but if somebody in Australia said they wanted to help the poor by weakening unions and a nebulous lowering of "taxes," I would assume they're not acting in good faith.

Before the current government took office we had NATIONAL youth unemployment of 20%, it's gone down a lot with our current government though, but 30% is nothing outrageous compared to rates you see in Europe (Spain is at 35% etc.).

I don't really care about "busting up" unions other than ending their right to make contracts which apply to people who haven't signed them. The system right now is so that if you have both a company looking for a part-time worker and a worker who wants to work part-time (because it's better than being unemployed), if they are in an industry where the unions have banned part-time work, they are not allowed to sign a contract. In the industries where the unions haven't banned part-time work, the contract still needs to meet a whole set of onerous rules. The people who "benefit" from this are those whose jobs are not threatened by people willing to work for less money, the people who are hurt are those who are most likely to be out of the labor force or unemployed, so low-skilled workers, migrants, etc. It should tell you something about Finland that the unemployment rate for those people who haven't completed high school is 25% while for university graduates it's like 5%. Unemployment rates for non-ethnic Finns are multiples of those for ethnic Finns, and that's not accounting for people who have been discouraged and just drop out of the labour force totally. The current system hurts the poorest people because unions don't want to take any risk that benefits for the middle-classes are affected. Our unemployment system, which basically cuts your benefits even if you receive tiny sums of income, doesn't really help much in terms of encouraging people to take on productive work.

That unemployment system has of course been designed hand-in-hand with the labour unions, so that belonging to a labour union gets you higher benefits* though the union contributions only cover a fraction of those, the majority of the extra benefits come from the government. It's maintained by the fact that the unions pay for the elections of both our major left-wing parties (the Left Alliance and the Social Democrats) and the fact that there seems to be a revolving door between these parties and the labor unions (head of SDP is a former labour union boss).

The entire system is rigged to favor people on long-term contracts who belong to unions every step of the way. Which is great for them, but the simple fact is that we have lots of people in Finland who are simply not economically hireable on full-time, high-paying contracts and who remain unemployed as a result. The system keeps these people from even working part-time, which then means that people pay more in taxes and higher prices for everything. The German system, which allows workers to retain some benefits while working low-paying jobs and where unions haven't managed to ban part-time or short-term contracts is working much better for them.

*yes, there are several alternative unemployment insurance funds but most people are unaware of them

As for taxes, I didn't really see them as a problem leading to this but more of a byproduct that has negative consequences elsewhere. See my response to doverhog below.

Rexroom posted:

I don't think we can compete with developing third world nations in terms of wages just by tearing down our worker's rights. No matter what we'll do, they'll always have the upper hand with low wages and available population. And now that we're on the verge of a robotic revolution, I think it's time we start thinking outside of the traditional mindsets when it comes to work and society.
It's possible to do well without having third world wages (which are increasing super fast, btw). Maybe it's time for the unions to start thinking out side of the traditional mindset of "work = job for life" and "work = you must earn a living wage, the government cannot support you while you work" and "work = 40 hours per week of manual labour." Because it seems like the vast majority of our labor regulations are designed with these in mind (for example, you should only do exactly what your work contract says, even if you're a typist hired in the 80s).

doverhog posted:

Taxes are not really the problem, the union mafia defending the employed at the expense of the unemployed, and the poorly functioning welfare systems are. It only makes sense to hire someone with low productivity if you can also pay them a low wage, and it only makes sense for them to accept a low wage if they don't get the same money from toimeentulotuki. That's why we need perustulo.

This is correct, I wasn't really referring to taxes as keeping people unemployed but more as a consequence of unemployment (higher benefits, no part-time work -> higher taxes). High taxes are a problem in the sense that they discourage work / investment / whatever they are levied on, but they are not the big problem affecting our unemployed.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ligur got banned because the mods are still butthurt about Trump so they're extrasensitive about "racism" now

Hogge got banned for calling anime-people pedophiles in the wrong forum

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oof that's classic Goonhitler down-melting. Poor bugger did it in the wrong thread.

Next time you're thinking about buying a new avatar, buy ligur his account back instead

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkest Auer posted:

I was going to reply to the other horrible FYGM ideas in your post, but holy poo poo, are you seriously saying that an employee should submit to any arbitrary whim of the employer without question, no matter what?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, because the only way to protect employees from that is with work contracts that specify every task you will do for the rest of your career.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Seriouspost: exploitation of the work force leads inevitably to physical violence. We will see workers' rebellions and guillotined GERIATRIC PIRATES like no-one in 100-150 years.

Terrifying, this revolution just around the corner

Luckily I'm slightly-below-median income, so I'll probably survive

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

Ligur got banned because he got humiliated and laughed at every time he posted in this thread, so he increasingly posted in shall we say, more behaved sections of the forums where they take things a bit more seriously while also being able to feed his addinction of being called a Nazi. It a was a vicious circle and banning was inevitable once he strayed out of this nihilistic shitposting safe space.

Shame really, the English-speaking retarded right-wing congregates more and more on their own forums where I constantly get banned or like Twitter or some other character-limit poo poo where it is impossible to make an argument. Economics is such a vague and dry subject with so many variables, it just doesn't have the same panache as dumping on a lunatic screaming about how Donald Trump is actually really smart :(

It's called being a "temporarily embarassed millionnaire"

Ligur had been posting in EuroPol for ages, it was only after the Day of Trump that the mods became triggered by everything.

doverhog posted:

You are some kind of fancy coder or such DCrawler? But IIRC you also support basic income, so ok, enjoy the monies. :)

This post was a reminder that GP agreed that we should have a basic income.
Basic income is too expensive right now. But a similar concept. Some sort of system that gives you better incentives to work.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog posted:

Ok? But we used no concrete numbers here, so you are posting this to make sure we know you don't support any leftist version of basic income, but rather a negative income tax, when they are the same thing with different branding. So, lol.

Yeah we didn't use concrete numbers but most of the proposals I've seen (500-600 euros per month) are both a) too expensive to be applied to the entire population and b) too low for some people. My preference right now would be something similar to income limits for student benefits being applied to all benefits, except without any hard caps (so benefits decline linearly with income instead of totally after a threshold). In the end almost any program to encourage participation has basic income-like features, but I don't think our economy can afford a basic income where we pay everyone a certain amount per month right now.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seeing how the antifa/anarchists like beating up horses, it just wouldn't be safe leaving alpacas in Töölöntori

Cerebral Bore posted:

Indeed. The adherents of noted non-violent ideology Nazism wouldn't harm a fly.

Which small businesses will your lot be attacking this year in the name of fighting Nazism?

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cerebral Bore posted:

Good to have GP here to remind us of the crimes that really matter: Bricking windows.

Hmm, let's see, on one hand, these Nazis (strange Nazis that have disawoved Nazism but are actually secret Nazis) attacking our way of life = having the wrong opinions and marching, occasionally beating up an anarchist. Antifa defending us against Nazis = attacking small businesses, throwing poo poo at a peaceful march, attacking a police horse

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkest Auer posted:

What is the anarchist/antifa perspective here? "Mä haluun vetää kiljuu ja rikkoo ja hakata kaikki"?

By attacking random shops, they are protecting us from the Nazis

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
We're all just blind to the threat of the impending Nazi takeover

I saw a Nazi lurking around a corner just today :(

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krabboss posted:

dude I've not been in the country that long and I've had many people tell me how awesome Australia's detention centres are. I've had people, unprompted, tell me how much they wish brown people would be refused entry into the country. They prefer normal people like me instead because I can integrate (I know 0 Finnish). I don't think I've seen an anti-Nazi sticker last longer than a day before it's slashed at. I know a meth head Soldier of Odin who participates in the dumbass street patrol poo poo. Anonymous social networks like jodel and whisper are full of whiny white supremacists.

I've even overheard dweeby, worthless Finnish dudes try to appeal to women by saying "Hey, at least I'm not one of those brown people." It doesn't work, because dweeby men are not particularly appealing, but they try.

Nazism is definitely a concern here and in most Western countries. It needs to be pushed back unless it spreads. It doesn't take much for a government to get reaaaally fascist and seriously harm minority groups. So yeah it sucks that one idiot broke some property somewhere, but using that to try and defend and normalise people who believe in ethnic cleansing is a pretty bad look.

It's not one idiot, it's a group of idiots that does the same thing every year. And secondly, "yeah but Nazis" is not an excuse to attack random small businesses and government institutions that have nothing to do with Nazism, which is what these guys do every year. Just because they keep telling you how against Nazis they are doesn't mean that they are actually doing anything concrete or useful to stop far-right extremism in Finland.

And whenever an explicitly Nazi or far-right group like SVL does organize something that is actually explicitly far-right, it is easy enough to draw in thousands of peaceful counterprotestors (typically many times the size of the far-right rally) without bringing in the anarchist/antifa clowns. The antifa guys are the one who go and throw bricks at a rally where they basically just walk from Töölöntori to a cemetary carrying flags and torches. It's a march without any anti-immigration posters, chants, party symbols or whatever. Even if the guys organizing the thing are far-right, the anarchists end up being the ones to make themselves look like idiots by throwing bricks at grandmothers for marching with them.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krabboss posted:

Just consider why you have way more outrage about a window being broken than you do for white nationalism. I mean, you just mocked people who are critical of white nationalism by reducing a violent ideology to "having the wrong opinions." Somehow you consider "occasionally beating up an anarchist" to be a lesser crime than a rock thrown through a window.

Yeah it sucks for an innocent person to have their stuff destroyed and everybody would agree with you on that. You are definitely acting in bad faith when you express outrage though, because it's purely a means to discredit any group of people who would oppose white nationalism. This is really apparent because you keep pointing out that the poor nazis just want to march innocently and also they "disavowed nazism", so they're actually really cool.

You don't get to destroy random property just because you say you are against Nazis. It doesn't work like that. I can't go out and shoplift and then just tell the police I did it because I hate Nazis. It's like you're saying that they shouldn't be discredited for being violent idiots just because they also happen to oppose white nationalism. They are violent idiots, end of story. I'd be perfectly fine with them marching peacefully to show their beliefs (whatever they may be), just like I'm ok with the far-right doing so because we live in a country where people are free to express their political opinions. Once the far-right marches start randomly acting shops or migrants then maybe I'll consider them as bad. It's pretty incredible that the Suomi Ensin (who are basically the retard idiots of the far-right, which is saying a lot) camp managed to do less damage in a year while sharing a space with a Stop Deportations camp than these "antifacists" do in one night.

Of course I'm less outraged about the far-right beating up protestors on the far-left, these guys go and pick fights with each other all the time. These guys are the ones who support violent ideologies, they go out and fight and that's all fine, they know what they're getting into and it's pretty obvious both sides WANT to fight.

Random property damage or throwing bricks at a non-political march because it was organized by far-right guys is not ok, because you are harassing people who are not being violent in any way. If the counter-example was neo-Nazis harassing Paavo Arhinmäki (former leader of the Left Alliance who has led chants in a football stadium about dead police and participated in one of these anarchist "let's stick it to the man by smashing windows"-events), you'd be right to be outraged. Even though he has participated in a violent ideology, he has the right to not be harassed in his everyday life or when he is participating in non-violent political events.

Geriatric Pirate fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 5, 2017

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, who cares about property damage and rocks thrown at grandmothers? the police should focus on real crimes like tackling internet hate crime (frog tweets)

-antifa, 2017

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Damage to property? That's barely even criminal. Thoughtcrime on the other hand, well, the CRIME in the name says it all.

-anarchists, 2017

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Me: *posts about how left-wingers are more concerned about thoughtcrime and hate speech than violent crime*

Rexroom posted:

I know you're drunk from all that itsenäisyys skumppa, but do try to not attack strawmen all night.

Me: hmm yeah you might be correct, they don't really want to ban wrongthi..

Krabboss posted:

"Sure, I believe in a white ethnostate and wish to forcibly remove minority groups from the country, but what about those other guys? A couple of them destroyed a window that one time."

Oh, wait.

---

Now this part is for Krabboss specifically:
You don't seem to understand that in a country with freedom of speech and political expression, thinking the wrong things isn't a crime. Wanting a white ethnostate isn't a crime. Wanting something equally stupid like communism isn't a crime. It's basic political freedom. Burning cars (like the anarchists did last night) or throwing rocks at people who believe these things is a crime, it's equivalent to sending the police out to arrest people for advocating for harmful views, like extreme left-wing economic policies. Attacking the businesses of random people is even dumber and trying to defend it as some sort of minor harmless fun among all the good things that these antifa are doing is really retarded.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Let me explain for you in a way you might understand: You know how in your high school, every now and then there is a fight between two kids who've basically agreed to fight beforehand? Well, this is similar. Every now and then you have a group of antifa who convince themselves that they are actually able to physically fight the neo-Nazis instead of just throwing stuff at them from behind a wall of police, and the neo-Nazis are of course perfectly happy to fight them, so the two groups have a fight and usually some people get hurt.

This is less bad than when a group of people who don't want to have a fight are attacked by a group of people who want to throw stuff at them from behind a wall of police.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where did I say antifa/anarchists represent all leftists? They're definitely a subset of leftists (which leads to "anarchists" who oppose government cuts) and some prominent leftists (Arhinmäki) have been associated with anarchists, but clearly I do not believe all leftists are anarchists. It does seem a bit odd how many leftists on this thread seem happy to dismiss violence as long as it's been done by the right people. Once again, the same people who freak out about "hate speech" on Twitter or are still going on about the neo-Nazi who disrupted a Li Andersson + Dan Koivulaakso book event-thingy 10 years ago.

Second, yes, neo Nazis sometimes march peacefully, they also sometimes go shopping peacefully, send their kids to school peacefully and are occasionally polite. Those are the times that you don't have any right to attack them physically. They are also entitled to have their opinions. I am not defending far-right views by saying that they should be legal. I think far-right views and far-left views are both crazy, but I have nothing against them being presented peacefully. I don't care if there are neo Nazis marching from Töölö to Hietaniemi and I don't care if there are communists hosting a peaceful alternative Independence party in Hakaniemi (here's a fun fact for you since you're new to Finland: the left-wing parties in Finnish parliament voted against the declaration of independence, so it's always been seen as a bit of a right-wing thing). That's freedom of expression, freedom of thought, all that stuff. I don't see why it's so difficult for you to see the distinction between this and actual violence.

I'm telling you this as an actual political centrist who supports more migration: Attacking a rally/march (especially a peaceful rally that has no stated political goals and where all political symbols and signs are banned) makes you look like the extremist, not the guys marching. Attacking random businesses for kicks (or to fight inequality, or whatever it is) makes you an extremist moron in the eyes of 99% of the population. There is a very real difference between having an extremist opinion and going out and attacking people/things because of your opinions.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kemper Boyd posted:

Last years counterdemonstrations were all non-violent and without property damage.. Unless you count Laku beating up a Swedish nazi while being in police custody.

Who cares about property damage anyway. That's why insurance companies exist.

Who cares about an anarchist getting beat up anyway? That's why hospitals exist.

Trogdos! posted:

Nazis and communists, both equally extreme ideologies.

lol@using a statement 99% of people would consider common sense for this

Krabboss posted:

Right, but why fret so much over the actions of these individuals so much? You keep comparing a handful of window smashers to the entirety of all white nationalists, which is strange. It kinda seems like you're trying to laser focus on a few people's actions at specific events, and then comparing them to the entirety of a white nationalists on aggregate to make them seem comparably sane. You also seem to be concerned about how these people will affect the image of all leftists, while acting as if you see them as separate entities, and without ever doing the same for violent extremists on the right.

And regardless of the law, it's debatable whether smashing a window is worse than expressing views in favour of white nationalism. White nationalism terrorises minorities with the threat of violence, so it isn't as simple as just calling it an innocent belief. It doesn't require individual action for it to have an effect.

Darkest Auer is right. Both the far-right and the violent left are tiny groups in Finland. They're not really a big deal (in the grand scheme of things) or gaining traction in any way, it's just that on Independence Day they both go out and do retarded things and it's Independence Day now so it's worth posting about. And I think in the eyes of the population, the guys who attack innocent people are worse than the guys who carry around signs with the wrong messages, but it is funny watching a lot of the far-left posters here come out and defend them.

You accuse me of talking mixing up this small group with all leftists while doing the exact same thing for right-wingers, for instance by calling the 612 march a "Nazi march." There are Nazis marching, but it is an explicitly apolitical march that's probably mainly dominated by anti-immigrant conservatives.

As for the debatable part... well, let's just agree to disagree. I don't want to have a philosophical argument about the merits of free speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Once again, horseshoe theory proves itself to be true as the far-left and far-right both hate the police. And some random church guy does too.