Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Herman Merman posted:

lol @ all the attempts itt at assigning the blame for profiting from colonialism to some narrower segment of the finnish (or better yet, swedish) society. literally everyone living here today indirectly benefits from past slavery, dwi

What's the point though? If you want to go far far before Finland even existed for examples of second hand benefits of slavery then you might as well say every single person on the planet earth benefits from slavery through some chain of events you can draw up if you look hard enough. It becomes a meaningless statement.

Like during the exact period mentioned in the article there were peasants in (what is now) finland getting beaten by landowners for not being good boys and girls, and they had no legal recourse. They were essentially deprived of most of the rights citizens usually get, so just a little tiny step above slavery.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well, except the slaves.

I dunno where you got your history education from, but we never had serfdom in Finland.
The land given to russian nobles in southeastern finland was exempt from all kinds of laws, and the peasants living there were essentially in the same position as russian peasants, that is to say serfs. It went on for a fairly long time. At least a hundred years or so before the autonomous finnish regions bought off the lands from the nobles some time in the mid 1800s. This is extremely well documented and I'm surprised you don't know about it.

It's not the exact same thing as actual slavery since the nobles didn't literally own the people, but it was effectively fairly similar. They had very few legal rights, and no real options to move elsewhere.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 26, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Yeah this isn't really worth arguing over. History is cool, is all.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SnowblindFatal posted:

Countries in a certain situation behave in a certain way. Being proud or ashamed of a nation's actions is like being proud or ashamed of having to take a poo poo or the way sun sets in the evening.

I think it's pretty ok to be angry at the country if they practice slavery.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

throw to first drat IT posted:

Paavo täytti sen puolestasi

"Se on täytetty."
--Paavo Väyrynen

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Kossu maitokauppoihin.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Reminder that Lehti is still the only news source you need. gently caress looking at YLE's garbage.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Election fever is rising: Immigration critic and general public nuisance Marco de Wit is turning his "Finland First" organization into a bona fide political party and running for next year's general elections. They even have enough member cards for it.

Their party platform? "Against harmful immigration, islamization and NATO. Bring back our independence from the EU and the glorious markka."

Vihdoinkin saatiin puolue ketä kehtaa äänestää!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
e: Actually on second thought a giant who cares. Let the greens implode. I wouldn't piss on them to put out the flames.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 31, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

Li Andersson should go and unite the green lefties under a personal union. If green rules forbid this like with kepu losers, then a young lad with a strikingly high pitched voice and a fake looking beard called Anders Lison might show up.

"Hypätkää kyytiin urpot, lähetään agitoimaan." --Notli Notersson

This makes way too much sense. It'll never happen.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fabulous Knight posted:

"maailman suurin Suomen lippu", like how many Finnish flags are there in *the whole world* to begin with and how large can any of them be in order for this to be some sort of record?

Yes that is the part I choose to harp on

Meillä on myös maailman Paavoin Paavo.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

Rich politician marries 20 years younger hair dresser. I don't care about it, but is "whisper campaign" really the right term here lol.

My whole issue with the dude is that he's a rich politician. I mean sure whatever I voted him twice for pres. I just don't think he can ever really encapsulate the green vote.

e: And yeah yeah he's done a lot of good poo poo. He's probably one of the least lovely people out there working in politics. He just seems like a bourgey gently caress anyway. I can't help it.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Haha ei jessus mitä mussuttajia. Lisää kohokohtia:

quote:

Kalliin jättilipputangon turvallisuuden selvittäminen vasta pystyttämisen jälkeen tuntuu erikoiselta järjestykseltä. Haminan kaupunkikehitysjohtajan Matti Filpun mukaan asiassa ei ole mitään erikoista.

”Jälkeenpäin on aina helppo arvostella, mutta tässä on aika monta asiaa, mitä tähän liittyy.”

Aiheuttavatko monet roolit mitään ristiriitaa?

”Valtuuston päätökset ovat minua ohjanneet ja teen sen mukaan kuin valtuusto päättää”, sanoo Filppu.

quote:

Tukes puolestaan pyysi Haminan kaupungilta tietoja muun muassa lipputangon CE-merkinnöistä, mutta ei ole vielä saanut pyytämiään tietoja.

ADS Finlandin omistaja-johtaja Kari Hyrkäs on vakuuttanut, että CE-sertifikaatit ovat olemassa, mutta ei ole toimittanut niitä kaupungille tai Tukesille.

quote:

”Yksikään keppi ei ole kaatunut”, hän sanoo.

Näinhän se rakennushommat tehdään, että jos ei ole mitään ennenkään sattunu ni vitut turvastandardeista.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Darkest Auer posted:

Saako omat kakat vähentää verotuksessa?

Sipilä tulee sun kotiin joulukuussa ja vetää tortut sun suuhun että ootte sujut.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/Suostumus2018/status/1062990190380232705
Bad news guys: Soon you can't legally rape without consent. First they took away our right to rape our wives, now this. When and where will this feminist menace be stopped?

Katsoin pikaisesti läpi ja aika hyvä esitys. Laitoin oman nimeni kanssa pottiin.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 15, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
En oikein usko että se suostumuksen lisäys tekee käytännön tasolla juuri mitään, mutta jos se menis noin läpi niin se tiukentais kyllä rangaistuksia jonkun verran. Ne on nykysellään ihan liian kevyet seksuaalirikoksista.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/hennapursi/status/1063338763018006528
For the first time in a population growth forecast, Finns are going extinct according to a new report by the Center of Statistics. The Greens agenda of population culling is working.

Eiköhän tänne porukkaa tule ihan riittämiin jahka ilmastonmuutos alkaa jyrätä kunnolla tuolla etelämpänä elintilaa. Ihan turha se on murehtia jostain 50 vuotta eteenpäin ennusteista kun asiat muuttuu jatkuvasti.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

That would be cruel and unusual jenkkejä lainatakseni.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Hogge Wylde did nothing wrong!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

So the current assault on the constitution can be wholly attributed to NC. The civil surveillance law that is clashing violently with the constitution is OK'd for parliamentary process by a previous minister of internal affairs who signed the bill in question. How is this not a conflict of interests?

Yhdessä päätetään ja yhteen tullaan niin valoa näkyy jo tunnelin päässä. Pena sen siinä keksi ihan viime metreillä että pistetään lakiesitys ihan vittuillaksemme joka rajoittaa kansalaisten yksityisyyttä että näpäytetään vähän vasemmistoa, mutta läpihän se menee kun saatiin porukka oikeisiin virkoihin.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I guess it's that Sipilä's famous down-to-earth engineer charisma or something.

There's already talk that if CP is going to be in the next government, NC will be left to the opposition this time for a Punamulta government. But that's just talk, results are important.

Leave both CP and kokkelit out. Vihervasurihallitus pystyyn. I have no idea if there are even enough seats to pull it off. Maybe with some sort of a semi-rainbow crap.

SDP shacking up with CP again would make me really sour though.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ataxerxes posted:

Accoding to some of the latest gallups SPD+Vas+Vihr+RKP would be around 98 seats, so not quite enought yet. Still some months to go.

Väyrynen hallitukseen!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

germlin posted:

Any gov, be it any combinaton of SDP, VAS, KePu, RKP, De Greens(fug), KP, PS, Sin(lol), populists, instincts by which higher angels of our conscience are undone, a LITERAL DOUBLE-HITLER, Satan, heat decay of universe and nihilist realization that only goals worth pursuing are the ones you set on your own would get my vote if it would transport NC to a place where we don´t need eyes to see. JAA MUTTA SINIPUNAA PUKKAA, EIPPÄ SIINNÄ! :)

Kokkelit ei todellakaan pääse mihinkään hallitukseen ensi kaudella. Se on lähinnä se pelko että keskusta vittuilee ittensä sisään niinkun aina.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

SDP/Kok/Vihr tulossa

Paskannan Antti Rinteen peruukin alle jos näin tapahtuu.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

On a hunting trip even, yep.

Too bad about the 48 year old Zimbabwese pilot, though. yhden päässä suorasta, tai värisuorasta jos oli valkoinen

Ei se mitään pilotti oli täys käsi.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Someone should create the Aku-Ankka puolue already. Just think of the amount of votes you would get for free!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Hyvin natsaa!

Ornedan posted:

:thunk:

e: like we kinda knew that the "patriotics" are just fucken nazis, but the whole point of the 612 march was plausible deniability and there the chucklefucks are dropping the mask

The thing is since we know it and they know it and everyone in the country knows it so does playing things down even matter at that point? I guess it might be slightly inconvenient for some persu politicians, but I'm fairly sure no one who matters even a little bit was even there.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 6, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Pekka Haavisto turns the boat around. TF kinda falling behind, but may not be up to date anyway.

I'd be curious to know where the +0.9% muut comes from. That's a huge amount comparatively. Is it Paavo?

Nurge fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 7, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sulphagnist posted:

What I'd want to see them do is peel off misguided liberals from voting Kokoomus so that it doesn't get into government, well, ever again really.

Do these people actually exist?

Like I can understand rural liberals voting keskusta because they're dumb and blind and their daddy told them to back in 1975. How can any liberal ever vote Kokkerspanielit?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

Why wouldn't a liberal vote for Kok?

Mainly because the idea of a party where the main goal is stuffing the pockets of big corporations isn't exactly the liberal ideal.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

Liberals are right wingers

That doesn't have anything to do with what I said though.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

Liberals are FYGM right wingers, obviously they are going to vote for the FYGM right wing party

I'll just direct you to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism since this is kind of a worthless thing to argue about.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

So you're using a completely different definition than we were in the thread. I mean that's cool and all, but why are we arguing this again?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

Well it's more that anyone describing themselves as a liberal is more than likely a Kok voting rear end in a top hat

I guess we don't frequent the same circles. I've never heard anyone in Finland use the word liberal except in the older sense of the word.
If I'm wrong and sulphagnist was actually talking of neoliberalism then I guess I was wrong.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

The only person I remember championing liberalism in Finland is Stubb and I can't think of a more neoliberal rear end in a top hat than Stubb.

I mean poo poo, fair enough. Maybe I'm just way too old and out of it. For the record though I was definitely not talking of neoliberalism when I made that comment.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HerraS posted:

people who like to proclaim they're liberals either go sniff liimaa at the viskipuolue meetings, vote rkp or vote for kokkelikikkeli from my experience

The difference is that no one actually proclaims themselves as liberal. If they talk about liberalism they usually mean something to the left in my experience. Am I seriously the only one here with this experience?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Siivola posted:

If you want the poor struggling entrepreneur to pay less fees and be able to fire people they don't like, you're fiscally liberal. If you oppose government spending and tax raises, you're fiscally conservative. It's very easy!

I'm just going to loving vote vasurit as always. gently caress these semantics games.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Darkest Auer posted:

Isn't this whole Trafi thing trivially solved by putting the service behind a mandatory strong sign in, like, you know, all the other Trafi services regarding your own cars?

I think being able to get people's names by guessing their sotu numbers is kind of problematic anyway? I mean maybe. Isn't it?

e: Hallitus vittu teuraaksi ja joulupöytään. Näin suomeksi ettei engelsmannit vittuillessaan reppaa. Suomalaiset voi jos kiinnostaa.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rappaport posted:

Kyllä nyt melkein olet Harrylle anteeksipyynnön velkaa :ohdear:

Vittu kaks marjaa siinä