Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Rappaport posted:

Onko jossain halal-snägäriä?

There is no meat in snägäri food anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

So why are we training Rapid Deployment Forces?

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Valiantman posted:

Scouts at least are ultra-dangerous nazis. I mean, look at them, they have blue shirts!

Make at least me wonder what the hell is going on every year when their marching bands practise around my neighbourhood.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Puistokemisti posted:

This isn't the last step.

1. The government begins to tack on benefits. Unemployment benefits. Welfare benefits. Social Security benefits. Medical benefits.
2. Then they make everything complicated ON PURPOSE.
3. Then it STILL isn't enough to lift people out of poverty (which was never the plan from the start).
4. So after they run this game for a bit, they say HEY! I have a brilliant idea! Let's scrap all the benefits and just roll it into a one big lump sum payment (from the government) into your pocket on a weekly schedule!
5. Now they just wait for the right crisis to hit that throws most people on government rolls. Some economic error that forces most people into this system.
5. Now they declare every freaking aspect of your life is effectively owned by the government (in the name of making this system as efficient as possible). You wouldn't want to WASTE government money by running this inefficiently, now WOULD YOU?????? How guilty you should feel, for doing that.
6. So now you must itemize all purchases. Actually we'll just automate that process. Everything you buy is logged by the government. If you buy too many UNAPPROVED WASTEFUL items, maybe we will fine you or jail you.
7. At this point, you are effectively a ward of the state. You are their slave. The government controls and runs everything in the name of a safety net. Obey your masters.
8. It still isn't enough to lift everyone out of poverty. People have surrendered every right that matters. And are poor and hungry. The power grab is complete. The end.
9. The government stops giving a crap about you. You have nothing to offer them anyway. They've taken it all already. You descend into a third world nation status.

Does this sound like a lunatic idea? Why should it? We've been arguing that is likely where it is heading all along. This isn't freedom. This isn't utopia. Its just another way to create a dictatorship.

Maybe somewhere, hundreds of years into the future, some group of very brave, intelligent, and dedicated people will give their lives to overthrow this monster you erect in the name of equality. But I'm sure it won't be this generation. You are fools to allow this to happen to you.

Holy poo poo, where's this from?

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

niillä onkin melkoinen työmaa edessään, Kemissä ei taida montaa elää

FTFY

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

http://m.mtv.fi/uutiset/rikos/artikkeli/poliisi-ylivieskan-torkea-raiskaus-oli-keksitty/5631996

Whoops.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

Discussed this elsewhere, but now that the Schengen treaty is functionally dead, it's only a matter of time before countries that rely on exporting labor start making GBS threads themselves. If Estonians, for example, can't no longer jump on a boat and come work to Finland, that country's economy is gonna go into the shitter.

I don't think the companies that hire Estonians and other migrant workers are goint to have any problem getting whatever permits are needed.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

OhYeah posted:

Have I mentioned that the Finnish language is best in the world for sarcastic/ironic humor?

Paavo "Jumalan valittu" Väyrynen leaves Kepu << for example that doesn't sound funny in any other language that I know, but it does in Finnish. I don't know why.

I read Jumalan vittu at first. Now I am dissapointed.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

There are no "no go" zones, but the police can't go into some areas alone. Those Finnish puukkojunkkaris from the 70s are getting rowdy I see.

Heillekin on kärkiprojekit.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

hillo posted:

I don't read news because my blood pressure is high enough.

But hasn't anything happened really this week? This thread usually explodes when the government does something(awful)

Is this the first week when they haven't hosed up?

Not really, still a lot of waffling about the yhteyskuntasopi...oops, sorry I meant kilpailukykysopimus.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

kuulehan höyrypunkkari, ei kaikilla ole höyrykoneita

Noh, äläs nyt unohda talvisodan henki ja häkäpöntöt, niitä löytyy varmaan jokaisessa latossa.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Saving white space is like putting money in the bank.

Get out SOO scum.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh look, 35 new posts, what is Ligur up to now? No wait, it's a discussion about a 15 year old semi-funny sketch and Star Wars talk.

Anyway, you guys usually find stuff pretty fast. One of the arguments in the ongoing ythteiskuntasopimus negotiations is that all the pressure is being put on the workers to pay for for everything so that employers and companies are free to create more job. It's said that this was already tried and where are these jobs now.

Has työnantajat, EK or whoever, ever disclaimed this with stats or something? A 'look how bad things COULD have been'. Or is it just disregarded as leftist nonsense.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

doverhog posted:

Stats only cover what actually happened not what might've, so they can't really prove something like that in either direction.

I meant that they could show which jobs where actually created (if any) by the last cuts, but whose effects where of course eaten by the recession.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Antti posted:

Just a reminder that they got a billion euro sized tax cut a couple of years ago as well. There were arguments that it would increase employment and there was even the Laffer argument that it will actually increase tax revenue thanks to the economy picking up.

Good thing we don't actually need that revenue for anything, like our schools and universities.

This is what I'm getting at. Was this ever explained, anywhere, where the results of those cuts ended up? Other than well you know times are a bad, kilpailukyky, go gently caress yourself.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

I visited the Patruuna museum in Lapua last summer, it was haunting how a small community like that basically lost a generation of people in one moment. Oh, and tucked away in a corner room there is also an Lapuan liike exhibition, which somehow underscores the ridiculousness of where that movement started.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Berner is capable of anything. She has stated herself that she doesn't give a poo poo about any sort of political career, she was brought in to tear apart Transport and Communication and make them not hemorrhage money and that's it.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Wow, the post is doing what kids do to fund some trip or other. Hey mister, can I mow your lawn?

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

OhYeah posted:

We have a large underclass of religiously indoctrinated people who passionately hate the natives and see our culture as inferior.

Yes, Laestadians and a whole heap of zealots from different christian movements. Especially up north along the coast.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

OhYeah posted:

They are more of a problem for Finland than Islamists?

When they are in positions of political power and judge in favour of their own percieved kind, yes.

Edit:

Well the underclass part isn't correct, but hooboy if you're not of the faith.

Buffalo squeeze fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 24, 2016

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

I feel truly sorry for all Europeans who are currently studying in Teatterikorkeakoulu etc. or otherwise aiming to be professional actors. Obviously they have no future in the business since we seem to be letting tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people into Europe who are naturally superior actors, being able without any training to use completely fake accents and lie to experienced interviewers without anyone noticing that they're faking it.

Also what a world we live in where it's literally impossible to know when someone's lying.

See?! Coming over here taking all our jobs.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Valiantman posted:

We should really translate more Finnish locations into English in everyday speech.

Backwallriver

Pawed-o

Village of War

I laughed when I saw that they translated Winterfell from GoT to Talvivaara.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

vuohi posted:

Ehdotan että joku nyky taiteilia tekisi lappalaisentappovideon, kun aihe näyttää nyt olevan tapetilla.

Surma-aseeksi ehdotan kuuden tunnin valvomatonta oleskelua jonkin rovaniemeläisen Alkon varastossa.

Nunnuka nunnuka.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

It's a good thing Finland doesn't have corruption, otherwise that might look bad!

I'm waiting for the day we find out Finland paid off Transparency International.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

They usually have free guided tours of the Cathedral in the summer once a day, so you might want to check that out. Some of the stuff they got there is mindboggling. Btw, if you visit the Castle, have at least three hours reserved because it's huge. Forum Marinum next to the Castle is also cool as hell and they just re-did their basic exhibition.

Otherwise, visit Cosmic Comic Cafe so you can get plastered with Jerry Cotton. Go down to Kakskerta (one of the islands you can get to with a bus ride) and go swimming in Kakskerta lake. It's the nicest beach around.

Places to avoid: Mantun Grilli, Hummpub, Jyrkkälä.

What's wrong with Mantun these days?

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

Kinda half-joking about how one gets one's rear end kicked there.

Unironically I'd avoid the grilli at the cathedral because they are really bad about hygiene.

Oh, okay, thought it was a quality thing like Krema you mentioned, which was good back when mummot ran it.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Siik siik" is something I've heard a couple of times from heilers.

Speaking of Third Reich läppää, Tapio Suominen apparently threw out some 'Deutschland über alles' comment before the match between Germany and Poland.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm completely willing to accept that he's just dumb enough to think that was funny. (Then again maybe he's also a nazi.)

Of course he was trying to be funny, but the stuff you say with your friends at the sporttibaari everytime Germany is mentioned isn't that funny on national TV. It's lazy.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

doverhog posted:

Citizen initiatives mean nothing if they don't have parliamentary support. The only way we would get Fixit vote is if Persut became the largest party by a large margin.

ftfy
Media would have a field day with that one.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

doverhog posted:

Mitä te tykkäätte suunnitelmasta laittaa yksityiset puljut haastattelemaan työttömiä kolmen kuukauden välein?

Pakostakin syntyy työpaikkoja ns. Haastattelu alalle vai kui.

It's the same thing Sweden did with gently caress all results, but more interestingly it's what Te-toimistot used to do before their funding got slashed a few years ago. Where we all of a sudden got money to give private companies is a mystery.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

I think the famous "risusavotta" refers to something a Kok let loose in a debate about the economy and unemployment situation. Apparently she had an epiphany riding on the train one day and saw that there is a lot of woods in Finland that need to be cleared, so don't say there are no jobs, just get out there. Que the small article some months later when metsähallinto fired a bunch of forest maintenance people.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

hillo posted:

Well it's pieksämäki you'll get beaten no matter you're shade.

Having a girl in savo is scary because you'll never know when the big bro comes and fucks you up. even if there's no big bro

Like some grillijono excuse to pick a fight and slowly digging yourself deeper?

"You gently caress my sister?!"

"You don't have a sister and besides I'm gay"

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Rexroom posted:

I wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes, considering all sorts of closures and shuffling is going in schools at the moment. When some guy is taking millions of tax payers money from IT improvement budgets for schools for ten years tells me that something is seriously amiss.

A few years back Esbo city lost 8000 computers. Noone knew where they were or if the computers even excisted in the first place.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Luulin että Persujen puoluekokous oli vasta heinäkuussa.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Rexroom posted:

So the confusing double-citizenship in the army debacle continues when it was revealed that the army considers even kitchen personnel as a sensitive post. I guess Putin is after the recipe for Jarru.

Defence minister is calling YLE report as fake news at worst, saying that recently two double-citizens were promoted as officers lately. When they asked what nationality were they, Jussi Niinistö just said that it's not important. :v:

Anyway, they're currently drafting a bill that forbids double-citizenship owning from taking certain posts. How will that mesh with the equal treatment clause, we won't know until later on.

What about Mannerheim?! Russian citizen AND russian officer.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

From what I gather Lahtarit are due to sweep Tampere again.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Could that be any more obvious an attempt to save themselves? The last thing Systembolaget needs is antother argument/nail in the coffin against the alcohol monopoly.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Double Bill posted:

Sawmill and beer minister Hakkarainen

Kirkkohopeavastaava.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

HerraS posted:

lol joko ihmiset on unohtanut kuinka itämetrokin oli aikanaan vuosia myöhässä?

Yes, but it went east, so nobody gave a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Toivottavasti tämä vuosi on se vuosi kun Suomea ei enää ole. Paska aikansa elänyt vitsi.

Älä huoli, sisällissota 2.0 tulossa.