Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Hogge Wild posted:

One of the D&D mods said that he hates all Finns.

That's understandable. On any given internet forum, the most rear end in a top hat poster is usually a Finn.

I think that because no one is hugged enough in this country, we can only call attention to ourselves by being huge and horrible dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

Everyone else knows those are stereotypes with humorous context, not reflective of real life

Have you ever actually talked to anyone outside of internet? Let alone to a real sami or roma?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

The only "grief" they cause is offending the delicate feelings of rexrooms, and to be frank, the more offended, the better.

Fish of hemp posted:

I think that because no one is hugged enough in this country, we can only call attention to ourselves by being huge and horrible dicks.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

You still dodn't explain what harm töh sketsit aiheuttaa and by what mechanism.

It's prolly koska et pysty.

You should propably ask that from your roma and sami pals. They can explain it way better than I.

And you really think that you behaving like that makes you seem less of a horrible dick?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Darkest Auer posted:

Let me tell you about the dangers of humor and satire!! Boy, you'll burn in the hellfires for eternity if you ever make fun of the sand peoples!

Why are ethnic stereotype jokes funny to you? Real question.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Hogge Wild posted:

Vastaa ensin Ligurin kysymykseen.

Well I just did. And besides, are you an something afwul poster Darkest Auer?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

No you did not. You said I should ask someone else.

Well it was an answer, not just the answer you wanted. There is a difference.

PPP mentioned in an interview made in Apu-lehti sometimes in the early 2000's that the reason they stopped making those manne-sketches was because the roma parents said that they caused severe bullying to their kids in school. This is what I mean when I suggested that you should ask these questions from the people that are made fun of.

If you can't do that, I suggest that you go to your local library and loan books under keywords rasismi and rodullistaminen.

Triple A posted:

hankippas itelles huumorintaju niin ymmärrät

Well I do have a sense of humor. That's why I have the ability to tell why something is funny. And sterotype sketches are funny because they are secretly true. We are laughing at them because they confirm our pre-existing beliefs. "Hahaha, of course, only a manne would do something like that!"

If this is not the case, I would gladly hear why they are funny.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

Asking someone else is not an answer, so there is a difference. Do you really think because of the sketsit and since Apu-lehti something-something sometimes in the early 2000s, children are harassed in schools unless you hide sketis about aziz combat fighta or what? Do you think not displaying old jokes from the 80s or whatever will save children from harm? What?

This whole thing started when you said that nunnukanunnuka and manne sketches were okay. I answered why they aren't ok.

Ligur, it's not nice when you talk about 15 different things at once and then act pissy when people talk past you.

Ligur posted:

Why are jokes about "slussenin sissit" Finns "funny" for example?

Tell me. Why are they funny?

Ligur posted:

You can make such jokes and nobody will be up in arms. Not sure if they are funny, but it's a hyperbole of a stereotype, yet nobody in real life thinks every Finn carries a knife and is about so stab you.

Well they do in Sweden. Everybody who has moved there has told that at least once somebody has asked that "Where's your puukko? You people always carry that". If you meant that in Finland nobody thinks that then I don't know what you are trying to say.

But now something completely different! Namely, Finnish politics!

http://yle.fi/uutiset/maailman_suurin_tietovuoto__veroparatiisien_saloja_avataan_sunnuntai-illasta_lahtien/8784847

At the moment we know that at least Nordea has made lot of companies for it's clients. http://yle.fi/uutiset/vuodetut_asiakirjat_nordea_perustanut_asiakkailleen_satoja_veroparatiisiyhtioita__johtajina_bulvaaneja/8784863

Hopefully heads will roll.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

I said they don't really harm anyone. You never told me why they harm anyone, which was what I am asking you. How does nunnukanunnuka cause grief in any way we can quantify apart from some Apu-artikkeli from the 2000s and people being offended?

If children getting bullied at school by using the ethnic mockery they learned from those sketches isn't grief then I'd like to know what would you qualify as grief?

Without that qualification this discussion isn't really going anywhere and is pretty pointless even by the standards of this thread.

Ligur posted:

Jokes are funny. Some jokes are funny to some people, not to some other people. I am not exploding in mirth when I see jokes about sami just because they are about sami. I smile if they are funny in some way. Just learn humour or something. A joke about sami is not automagically fun because it's about sami, for example, if it has some funny in it then.... gaahhh. How can you even explain to humour to someone who (pretends) not to uderstand it?

You don't have to explain abstract consept of "humour". I just want to know why you think they are funny. What are you laughing at?

Ligur posted:

Who gives a poo poo.

Don't you ever get tired to this jaded and cynical internet person image?

Speaking of humour, this is some funny poo poo right here

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Why do you find that funny? What are you laughing at? What if children are getting bullied at school because of your image?

Because it's the classic emperor has no clothes -situation. Man of wealth and power who is dealing moral judgment on common people is actually revealed to be an agent of immorality. This juxtaposition creates humour. Not really that difficult to see the funnee, so if you tried to be a witty and sarcastic internet poster, you have failed spectacularly. Or you were just really dumb. Either way, you can do better.

And I'm pretty sure those kids won't be bullied anymore once their dad cleans his act so it's all up to him.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Geriatric Pirate posted:

The guy working in the Economics team of the Research Department of Nordea has absolutely nothing to do with the Tax Structuring team in the Private Wealth Management department, other than sharing a common employer.

Do you really, really believe that Kangasharju had no idea at all what was going in the Private Wealth Management department?

Maybe he didn't, but if he did, he knowingly has made hurtful propositions that could have been avoided if his employer had worked differently.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Not to mention saying Finland needs more cuts is not a "moral judgment on common people."

Why do we need cuts? Because common people are lazy and don't work hard enough. That's what I've been told.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Just as you have taken a shared trait (employer) to make a joke many others take a trait (race, religion) and make a similar joke.

Well here's the thing. I made that joke because this man is part of an immoral organization that has made huge damage to our society and in its own part drives down our welfare and creates systemic crises that can destroy our whole economy.

He can quit being part of that organization any time he chooses. In fact, if he says tomorrow that gently caress this noise and quits at Nordea, I'll take my words away and say that he is a man of moral character.

Can Sami or Roma do the same thing to their ethnicity? These things aren't the same.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Herman Merman posted:

Well except for the fact that Finns never were a single tribe or shared a strong ethnic identity before the 1800s

Would the medieaval karelian and hämäläinen necessarily even understood each other?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Andrast posted:

Probably both

Yeah. Third part would be disappointed anti eu and "not a single cent to Greece!" people. These were propably let down the hardest.

What I find weird is that there doesn't seem to be any real rebellion in the party. Any other party would have splintered already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016071821927823_uu.shtml

So all the recent happenings in Nice, UK and Turkey isn't enough for our foreign minister to stop his holiday. Instead he is abroad dropping bönthö at his friend's wedding.

Is this and Teukka's mölinä really what the ps supporters want?