Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Oh the many times. Go on, quote me and let's see. It should be easy since I'm wrong so often in your opinion. And that guards vs spitting kids from back a while ago I think are talking about? The guards were acquitted and it was indeed determined the kids were spitting and flailing to an extent they had to be held down.

CB is such a vile kretin I find it humourous for him to call out others of "bad taste". Again, what did I say that wasn't factually true there last page, huh?

edit:

Cerebral Bore posted:

How about Sweden's problem with rabid swarthy children masticating innocent white people? That was a fun one.

I'm guessing you were talking about this, what, 1,5 year old case here. It says the kid in the video was biting, spitting and kicking and refused to be detained. The guards were acting on police orders in detaining the kids, not slamming anyone to the concrete for fun.

If you mean something else, please elaborate. I'm human and sure, wrong 1/10 of the time or whatever, I'm happy when I'm corrected in those cases. I, too, press the click or reply button too fast. I am also susceptible to overreacting to social media rumours. So is everyone else. That doesn't really make the 9/10 times I'm right *poof* vanish.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ligur posted:

Oh the many times. Go on, quote me and let's see. It should be easy since I'm wrong so often in your opinion.

you know your rap sheet is right there right

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Now even the Left Alliance has more support than persu, and Greens almost twice as much. Will it be RKP or KD that passes them next?

http://yle.fi/uutiset/sdpn_suosio_sukelsi_perussuomalaisille_hallituskauden_huonoin_sijoitus__vasemmistoliittokin_meni_ohi/9006503

Ligur's mode of expression is such that he is wrong even when factually right.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 7, 2016

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

Now even the Left Alliance has more support than persu, and Greens almost twice as much. Will it be RKP or KD that passes them next?

http://yle.fi/uutiset/sdpn_suosio_sukelsi_perussuomalaisille_hallituskauden_huonoin_sijoitus__vasemmistoliittokin_meni_ohi/9006503

Ligur's mode of expression is such that he is wrong even when factually right.

I won't bother to check but are any of the "changes" larger than the margin of error?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

I won't bother to check but are any of the "changes" larger than the margin of error?
SDP is down 0.3 more than the error.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's why the correct way to use the polls are looking at the recognizable trends, not the once-a-month figures. SDP has plateau'd out for now, the big deal is the ongoing fall facing the Rudimentary Finns and the Cocks.

The methodologies used by Taloustutkimus have some general iffyness to them and they don't really work well in exceptional situations like this one. For instance, the corrections used might actually hide some of the collapse of the Rudimentary Finns.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Ligur posted:

So they constructed a view, put it into other peoples heads, and then made fun of it. Except the whole view was created by danthefryingpans in the first place.

*cough*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

SDP is down 0.3 more than the error.

Man I really wish they went back left because as the petit bougie party they chose to become a couple of decades ago they have no chance.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Is PS going down because they have lost voters who flocked to them because of economic/jobs-related issues or because anti-immigration folks don't think they're hardcore enough?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fabulous Knight posted:

Is PS going down because they have lost voters who flocked to them because of economic/jobs-related issues or because anti-immigration folks don't think they're hardcore enough?

Probably both

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's all right because when the next elections are coming, Soini can just hint at hating niggers and also give leeway to the explicit friend of the family-haters and Ligur and all who are like Ligur will vote Hitler again because they are really loving stupid.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
it's in bad taste to be right about something? what? is this real world?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
A: Something bad might happen.
B: Nothing bad will happen.
*something bad happens*
A: Well gosh look at that. Maybe we should address this issue.
B: Stop taking advantage of others' misfortune!

"B" stands for "Bore"

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Yinlock posted:

you know your rap sheet is right there right

Yeah you can go read it. Instead of being filled with "hmmm, factual error!" there's a long list of probations for "cheerleading/whineleading" (I don't even know what those are), stuff like "weird post" and so on, obviously reported by posters from... a certain thread or two where people disagreed with me. Nearly 100% of those posts considered the sensibility of then Nordic migration policies back then and their errors, yet what I said is now real actual Swedish migration policy. So I wasn't that wrong, was I?

The current Swedish prime minister would have been probated on those grounds for his latest speech. I have no problem with that, of course, if people fly off at something regularly maybe better cut it for a while, that is good forum moderation. People becoming enraged is not fun for anyone else reading.

But to credit all of that to me just being de facto wrong about something/everything, vs offending someones opinions or sensibilities with the wrong statistics, is a stretch don't you agree.

Cough away and make sure you don't choke on it, but I never posted that the whole of Sweden = Fallout: New Rinkeby/Tensta.

I don't think anyone did... maybe that one guy from Viro, though? While otherwise a solid poster who wasn't afraid to shove a stick in the beehive. Don't confuse him with me anyway.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 8, 2016

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SnowblindFatal posted:

A: Something bad might happen.
B: Nothing bad will happen.
*something bad happens*
A: Well gosh look at that. Maybe we should address this issue.
B: Stop taking advantage of others' misfortune!

"B" stands for "Bore"

While it's charming that you think of me that way I am, in fact, not the voices in your head.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Cerebral Bore posted:

While it's charming that you think of me that way I am, in fact, not the voices in your head.

You are the voices in your head.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
*the voice of reason* shut the gently caress up

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ligur posted:

Yeah you can go read it. Instead of being filled with "hmmm, factual error!" there's a long list of probations for "cheerleading/whineleading" (I don't even know what those are), stuff like "weird post" and so on, obviously reported by posters from... a certain thread or two where people disagreed with me. Nearly 100% of those posts considered the sensibility of then Nordic migration policies back then and their errors, yet what I said is now real actual Swedish migration policy. So I wasn't that wrong, was I?

The current Swedish prime minister would have been probated on those grounds for his latest speech. I have no problem with that, of course, if people fly off at something regularly maybe better cut it for a while, that is good forum moderation. People becoming enraged is not fun for anyone else reading.

But to credit all of that to me just being de facto wrong about something/everything, vs offending someones opinions or sensibilities with the wrong statistics, is a stretch don't you agree.

Actually I think it's because you're a nationalist who's turbo-antagonistic and cannot go five seconds without talking about your PROUD NORDIC HERITAGE, how superior Finland is, and how those dumb savages from Outside are ruining things. Or whining about being punished/called-out for not shutting up about those things.

Like I saw you in this very thread have a debate with yourself and immediately conclude that Finland wasn't racist at all then decide the discussion was over.

You're a smart dude, but you really need to start seeing beyond your nationalism.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Yinlock posted:

Actually I think it's because you're a nationalist who's turbo-antagonistic and cannot go five seconds without talking about your PROUD NORDIC HERITAGE, how superior Finland is, and how those dumb savages from Outside are ruining things. Or whining about being punished/called-out for not shutting up about those things.

An antagonist needs an agonist. But what on Earth is that PROUD NORDIC HERITAGE stuff or superiority crap? Can you quote me saying something like that? Or what do you mean?

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Anyway, here's Paavo Väyrynen as The Kekkonen

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DanTheFryingPan posted:

The president that we need.

But don't deserve. :(

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

DanTheFryingPan posted:

hot

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Maybe Paavo ate Kekkonen's corpse but it just took 30 years for the powers to manifest

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DanTheFryingPan posted:

:gizz:

I'm already writing a kansalaisaloite for emergency re-elections.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
The korpse-grinder.

edit: I love this current avatar, and is the best, but the next time someone flies into a rage and has to buy a new one, buy that, it's awesome

Ligur fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 9, 2016

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PgVz1oo1YM

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Andrast posted:

Probably both

Yeah. Third part would be disappointed anti eu and "not a single cent to Greece!" people. These were propably let down the hardest.

What I find weird is that there doesn't seem to be any real rebellion in the party. Any other party would have splintered already.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Ok, Paavo gets to be the president but he has to wear the bald cap 24/7

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Näin odinin sotureita, näyttivät eksyneiltä

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Mulli posted:

Näin odinin sotureita, näyttivät eksyneiltä

katsoit siis peiliin

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fabulous Knight posted:

Oh yeah this. A bit of both but at least my social media bubble tells me their voters are extremely disappointed this government let 30k extremely poorly educated young arabs who speak no known local language walk here from the warzone that is Sweden, to escape certain death and torture, excepting Finns pay for their upkeed until the end of time and to complain about food. While we cut everywhere else. That is not exactly what was expected with with PS in dah gub'mint :haw:

Many think PS should have someone stopped this and blame Soini or whatever, even though it was Orpo who let that happen (it would have been perfectly legal and possible to close the border from paperless wandering men and turn them back). It's not that PS isn't hardcore enough, but that they could not force kepu and kok to abandon their hooray open borderz is the new Nokia policy last year...

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Perse could have made it a hallituskysymys and forced Sipilä to either take SDP in to gently caress up his kiky plan or close the border. They didn't, because Soini values his ministership more than his principles or supporters.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Soini also chose not to take a ministership that could've impacted policy that's actually important to people, and took a ceremonial prestige seat instead.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Yeah that too.

Soini had it good but decided that he'd rather sux0r.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The man looks so ill that it's an open question whether he'll survive his term on the Audi back seat, it's little surprise he gave up everything just to be ministeri before he keels over

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I do like the thought of an Audi carrying his corpse around. He worked hard for this, let his earthly remains enjoy it a bit longer.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Hahahaha an audi carrying around zombie Soini in the backseat from one important meeting to another.

I wonder. Could he have had a better minister seat if he really wanted to.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Speaking of spectacular right-wing populist failures EU is more popular then ever haha how did that even happen
http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1468119056745
http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016062921817098_uu.shtml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Vicious
Apr 2, 2015

I'M A GINGER BABY WwwWWaaAaAhhH!!!

DarkCrawler posted:

Speaking of spectacular right-wing populist failures EU is more popular then ever haha how did that even happen
http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1468119056745
http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016062921817098_uu.shtml
The Media™'s been pretty drat active reminding people of how wrong the brits voted. Hasn't fallen on deaf ears.