Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

The Groper posted:

Isn't "guy who just declared himself dictator for life of an autocratic state is running a cleanup/PR campaign because his people want a cleaner environment" an equally valid interpretation though?

No dictator for life would ever put the long term over the short. Especially not if doing stuff for the environment let him jail rich people and take their stuff and assign his friends to get profits from the efforts.

Argument defeated, qed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012
The robots don't have to be smart to kill everything that isn't rich and making a few mistakes is okay since it's only people being killed not money burning

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Beans are also cool.

Generally more warm and smelly in the end, though

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012
May site wells just to make it hard for any future government to make it illegal again, though.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Most people in the US use planes.
I'm not sure about that. The answer isn't measured anywhere but given that there are a lot of people who travel like it's going out of style I'd be surprised if even 1/4 of people in the US fly more than once a year and less than 50% fly in a given year.

With median income around 50k a single flight is a non-trivial expense, especially since it would be accompanied by a car rental, and vacations via car or train would make a lot more sense.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Inglonias posted:

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but Cape Town, South Africa is on the verge of running out of water

It will be interesting to see what happens. And by interesting I mean terrifying/depressing.

Previous page

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Evil_Greven posted:

Alas, a Sun shade may reduce photosynthesis, and so CO2 would accumulate even faster in the atmosphere.

The only real option is to somehow reduce CO2 levels, or like, live in purified containers.

Air conditioned mansions for the rich it is!

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You say that like cutting off the coffee supply wouldn't cause the Nordic Countries to descend into barbarism.

Nah, they'd just go a viking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

There was a gif I saw the other day, it was country names in alphabetical order with a red or blue dot showing above or below average temperature. It goes up by year and gets very red at the end. Can somebody repost it please, I've been looking for ages? Tia.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/29/this-is-how-much-the-earth-has-warmed-up-over-the-last-200-years-7892549/ perhaps?

"temperature anomalies by country gif" in google image search

Better, original source https://twitter.com/anttilip/status/1033342041474969601?lang=en

eNeMeE fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 19, 2018