Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the nucas
Sep 12, 2002

TACD posted:

We all face consequences that are out of our hands every day. Climate change hasn't made that true, it's just made you realise it.

Here is a comic which I feel sums up much of the climate change thread:

i don't expect i'm the first person to bring this up in 400 pages, but there's a difference between the vague relationship with personal mortality men have contended with since the dawn times, and the weird existential despair that sets in with imagining the end of humanity/civilization after your death. samuel scheffler has written about this, calling it "collective afterlife dependency". there's something very different between "i am not the master of my fate" and "nothing i build, create, or accomplish matters, because everyone dies with me, and the wind will howl across our bones on the planet we converted to a lifeless tomb".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU