Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Some what weirdly related question.

I have my active duty 214 but not one from my reserve time.
I was active August of 1990 to Jan of 93 and multiple reserve units thanks to draw downs from May of 93 to Sept 96, with 18 months in IRR.

When I contacted St Louis, they only sent my copy of my active duty 214.

Due to the multiple inactivations of the various medical units I was stuck in would I contact my state, ARCOM or fight w St Louis again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Ron Jeremy posted:

I was looking through the VA eligibility stuff and something caught my eye

What's up with Lejeune?

Cancer from water supply,

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
:catstare:

The Unholy Ghost posted:

That is all terrible stuff, so I'd hope that a high enough ASFAB score would give me a position away from the front-lines. Regardless, I have to go to graduate school, and pretty much the only way I can pay and go is with a big scholarship.

quote:

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!""
"OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well."

McNally posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This times infinity cubed

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Strip mall next to a hobby store, salon, and a ice cream store.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
My original recruiter got drunk and plowed into a family, killing a grandmother.

He wasn't my recruiter after that.

I think he was in one of the GSA cars too.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Order through St Louis, that's what I ended up having to do

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Nightingale Pledge

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I know this is from FB, but there have been a couple of shares now regarding bad batches of certain anthrax shots given between 2001-2007.

Double check with your VA rep to see if this is actually a thing, and if it applies to you.

Screen grabs of what is floating out there

pt 1

pt 2

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I had the first couple and that stupid GG once we went on alert at my first duty station in 91.

FAV 043 was at Sill

quote:

FYI: Here again are the lot numbers for squalene-laced anthrax vaccine (and lots suspected of containing it). Following the lot numbers are some of the locations where these lots were administered. The location list is only partial, and based on available information from patient medical records, a Michigan Biologics Product Institute (MBPI) inventory and data from Tulane University Medical School.

LOT NUMBERS

Squalene-Positive [per FDA and SRI]:
FAV 008, FAV 020, FAV 030, FAV 038, FAV 043, FAV 047

Have Induced Anti-Squalene Antibodies [per Tulane Med School]:
FAV 041, FAV 070 and FAV 071

Associated with Autoimmune-Related Symptoms or Fullly Diagnosed Autoimmune Diseases in Troops [per Tulane]:
FAV 017, FAV 048b, FAV 066, FAV 068, FAV 069, FAV 073, FAV 074, FAV 075, FAV 078

LOCATIONS

FAV 008
Dover AFB (Delaware); fort Bragg (North Carolina), BioPort (administered to workers); Shipments of FAV 008 were also sent to Israel, Germany, Taiwan and Canada.

FAV 017
Osan, South Korea; Tripler Army Medical Center (Hawaii); Camp Lejeune (North Carolina); Fort Stewart (Georgia); 18th MEDCOM APO AP; Grand Forks AFB (North Dakota); Eleleson AFB (Arkansas), U.S. Air Force Academy (Colorado); Fort Drum (New York); Fort Campbell (Kentucky); Langley AFB (Virginia); Ellsworth AFB (South Dakota); Mountain Home AFB (Idaho); MacDill AFB (Florida); Pearl Harbor (Hawaii); Offut AFB (Nebraska); Barksdale AFB (Arkansas); Portsmouth (Virginia); Moody AFB (Georgia); Buckley ANG (Colorado); Malmstrom AFB (Montana); Fort Lewis (Washington); Davis-Monthan AFB (Arizona); Beale AFB (California); Fairchild AFB (Washington); Barkdale AFB (Arkansas); Virgnia Beach (Virginia)

FAV 020
Al Jaber, Kuwait; U.S.S. Independence (Persian Gulf); U.S.S. San Jacinto (Persian Gulf); Saudi Arabia; A shipment of FAV 020 was also sent to Australia.

FAV 030
Al Jaber, Kuwait; Dover AFB (Delaware); Michigan ANG (Michigan); Holloman AFB (New Mexico); Perry Point (Maryland); Naval Station Everett (Washington); Norfolk (Virginia); Cannon AFB (New Mexico); Holloman AFB (New Mexico); McChord AFB (Washington); Shaw AFB (South Carolina); Nellis AFB (Nevada); Fort Lewis (Washington); Travis AFB (California); Fort Bliss (Texas); Fort Dix (New Jersey); Grand Forks AFB (North Dakota); Seymour-Johnson AFB (North Carolina); Hickham AFB (Hawaii); Peterson AFB (Colorado); McConnell AFB (Kansas); Camp Pendleton (California); Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Willow Grove (Pennsylvania); Redstone Arsenal (Alabama); F.E. Warren AFB (Wyoming); Shipments of FAV 030 were also sent to Germany and Canada.

FAV 038
Osan, South Korea; U.S.S. Roosevelt; Hill AFB (Utah); Fort Benning (Georgia); BioPort (administered to workers)

FAV 041
Al Jaber, Kuwait; Westover AFB (Massachusetts); Dover AFB (Delaware); Michigan ANG (Michigan); Dharhan, Saudi Arabia; Tyndall AFB (Florida)

FAV 043
Osan, South Korea; Wright-Patterson AFB (Ohio); Tennessee ANG (Tennessee); Dover AFB (Delaware); Fort Bragg (North Carolina); Oklahoma ANG (Oklahoma); Grand Forks AFB (North Dakota); Travis AFB (California); Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Willow Grove (Pennsylvania); Fort Sill (Oklahoma); Key Field (Mississippi)

FAV 047
Travis AFB (California); Dover AFB (Delaware); BioPort (administered to workers)

FAV 048b
Grand Forks AFB (North Dakota)

FAV 070
Dyess AFB (Texas)

FAV 071
Dover AFB (Delaware); Camp Lejeune (North Carolina)

FAV 073
Fort Hood (Texas); Fort McCoy (Wisconsin)

FAV 078
Al Jaber, Kuwait

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 29, 2018

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Contaminated samples IIRC

Thing is they’ve know about problems since 04 or so.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Congrats

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Which idiot st the VA thought it was appropriate to have a premium level to be able to anything in the portal?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I still haven’t bothered to file for anything TBH, and I’ve been out since 98.

Maybe because I was ‘Cold War’ only and didn’t trade rounds or deploy...

Plus you guys and gals deserve it more than I do

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Good just be his active time for basic and AIT.

Example mine doesn’t count the 4 plus years I spent in the reserves once I left active.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
If you are planning on rolling your Post 9/11 education to your children, make sure your years actually add up, and don't trust your command.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/11/8/20953999/veterans-post-9-11-gi-bill-college-tuition-snafu-navy-depaul-university-air-force

(There is a pop-up that comes up every couple of minutes)

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Goodpancakes posted:

Hi everyone. I spent 10 years in the National Guard but never deployed for federal service, only state emergency responses so I'm not a veteran. Anyways! How do I get a copy of my DD214? I got out back in 2011 and have no idea who to call anymore

Best place is through the following link

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/standard-form-180.html

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Don't be me and wait to file for VA 18 years after you get out.

This. Of I could go go back in time I would have documented everything and went to the VA as soon as I ETS'd.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Why are you constantly being hosed with over benefits?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
My county VSO guy was upset I asked to get the certification for my license to be marked veteran. I think I was interrupting the show he was watching.

I really end to get off my rear end and talk w DAV. I'm in the same boat as monkey and barryl, off active in 93, out of the reserves in 96. My medical record copies were lost in a house flood.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

berzerkmonkey posted:

I know in CT, all you need to do is send in a copy of your DD214 when you get a new license. You can technically get it done at any time, but the DMV will charge you for a full renewal if you do it before your scheduled license renewal, so I haven't done it yet, because gently caress giving those guys more money.

I know that you can also get a vet ID and a VA card online, but I haven't done that either - TBH, the only time I've ever needed proof is when I go in for a free meal on Veteran's Day, and then I just show a redacted copy of my DD214.

Pre covid Illinois they wanted a vso signed and stamped copy of the DD-214.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Saw this floating around instagram on a couple of different pages