Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Artix posted:

I mean, did you really think that I would pass that up, especially knowing that I had 20bux lying around on my Steam account?

My heart dropped when you said 20. Thought it cost 20. I was glad to see it wasn't.

But I was sad that I didn't see Cjacobs get to enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Artix posted:

Oh no, it only costs $4. Which means we have four lucky contestants that haven't gotten their Bubsy's yet. :getin:

Oh, don't mind me then. I inflicted it on myself :suicide:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

You're good at Dark Souls, you can* do this CJacobs!

*can does not necessarally mean should, but keep it up!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs, 2015-end of time.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 31, 2015

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

As sisyphus was punished for his arrogance being forced to roll a boulder uphill forever, I am punished for my arrogance by playing Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind forever

yep thats how it is. now lets hope I was sober enough while drunk to do something stupid.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 1, 2016

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

yep thats how it is. now lets hope I was sober enough while drunk to do something stupid.

I was sober enough to do something stupid, but too drunk to record game audio.

Oh well, I'm sure most of you have Mega Man X's soundtrack engrained into your very soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APpvtMXj55o

Warning, long video. But might be worth watching the ravings of a crazy man.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Why do you make me hurt the ones I love know?

Why Bubsy, WHY!?
Bubsy... Bubsy... BUUUUUUUBSYYYYYYYYY!:byodood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgWBdoXugM

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Combat Lobster posted:

Would it surprise you to say that there are continues? They look like this:

Didn't think to mention it, but I remember those.

If someone can get me a screenshot of the text description of one of the soul consumables I might have something tomorrow, if I'm not too busy, which I unfortunately probably will be.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

When I was trying to make the Covenant screenshot, I saw some odd things in Google Image Search. Glad to see when you made that up that I'm not the only one to become equal parts confused and disturbed.

At least I'm sure you were disturbed, of course if you weren't this is a judgement free zone.

Unless you like Bubsy 3D, then I'm pretty sure no one would blame us for mercy killing you.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I am sorry for the following reasons:

1 - For posting in this thread and perpetuating the illusion that CJacobs uploaded another serving of pain
2 - For taking so long to update after actually recording it like 2 weeks ago
3 - For updating period
4 - For being incorrect about the audio issue in the first one. There was audio, just obscenely quiet.
5 - For being unable to make it much better in this one.
6 - For somehow not being a complete idiot and failing harder on the final boss. I'm as confused as you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjLhQwvXItI

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Those egg jokes deserve a standing oovation.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not entirely sure what I watched. Was the armadillo having an orgasm during that one commercial break?

Is Bubsy's VA the nerd in Robot Chicken?

e: nope, Yakko from Animaniacs, I'm disappointed in him. Also, some people were hired to "promote" this thing, and haven't been tried at The Hague yet.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 29, 2016

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

e: drink jim beam maple whiskey it's good and tastes a little bit like butane but the maple syrupy flavor masks that just enough

That sounds like it wouldn't kill me, which is what I look for in willingly engaging in horrible ideas.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Professor Carlotta Jacobs emiterius professor of expert Ichthyology Ornithology Birb First Edition.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

oh god. what if "Sheev" IS the Star Wars equivalent of "Steve"? like Naboo is just some backwater planet where names get horribly garbled, such as "Padme" for "Pamela".

" This is Sheev from Imperial Tech Support, how may I help you today?"

"Yeah, 'Steve' my rear end I want to talk to someone who speaks Americ-ack arghhhh."

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Also, that wasn't the King, it was the Siamese twin Queen Poly and Ester.

Since you didn't provide a suitable amount of pain for the "it was a movie" ending you need to suffer by knowing that fact.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

let's playing a shirt? that sounds like a challenge

The ultimate in thread participation. Becoming the fabric of a piece of clothing.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

You are between a rock, a hard place, and another hard place I'm afraid.

And a lamp. For some reason? Because it vaguely looks like Crow T Robot maybe?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

(Full disclosure, this LP was originally a patreon reward, however I took a poll and my backers didn't mind me releasing the LP publicly. I discussed with Fedule about posting it here and we agreed that this was the best place for it given the circumstances so consider this mod approved I guess?)

Full disclosure, Konami stole the gently caress out of that one guys face. (also already did this on twitter but most people wouldn't have suffered).

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

This loving game :psyduck:

Presented with even less context than the last abomination.

https://gifsound.com/?gif=https://c...f&v=K5G1FmU-ldg

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

If you only watch one episode of Dragon Lore, make it this one. Despite the continuing audio issues (which will not be present after this) it features three of the funniest moments in the entire game

Dragon Lore Episode 9 - The One Where liquidy Breaks Fae

SelenicMartian may have done one, but here's mine anyway.

CommissarMega posted:

You do realize that we need to see this Warboy picture now, right? :allears:

I'm so sorry you said that

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Noelor posted:

Werner's animations this episode are fantastic - I get the feeling he has about as much idea what's going on as we do.

The first one... yeah someone... there was.... something. I can't remember but the result was they did the mashup with him shugging. I had to do this.

I had to do it. Don't you understand!?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Last Illusion 4

Final Fantasy IV (also revealed some missing figures up to the last Fantasy VII, also known as Final Fantasy II) was released for SNES in 1991. With some blending of censorship and goofiness translated by Ted Ulji it is one of the classics of the game. Since its even number both releases are okay with Demerine's book number.

Now that stupid translations were to deal with storage limitations, censorship and Japanese jokes were held together with ducktape and prayer wish. The localizer's tomato pointed out (Star Lagoon Fan translation for Star Ocean and SNES, GBA's mother 3) decided to run the j script through Google Translate and push the results back to the game. The result can be described as spoony only in the best case. He generated two patches from the beginning when Google became self-aware, changed after the neural net engine and one. The patch I use is the one after. So sadly we will not neutralize Germany.
http://legendsoflocalization.com/funky-fantasy-iv/

Liquidypoo with me, Demerine, and my wife's lady will not show - this - will be the forum Dragon.

Couple further notes
This is the original Final Fantasy IV. Japan started things before it was watered down and made "simple type" or what we got in dozens of items and things dummied.
From the tomato readme file "4. Google's translation sometimes warns that having a soul likes saying terrible things, I do not approve of one of its offensive agendas." I'm probably going to blur or edit something that is really incredibly wrong, otherwise.

Spoiler policy:
It goes to the old game, wild pigs talking about it. But, do not mess with the surprises we find in translation

For now fun part, you may have noticed the fact that I took some shots on a couple shots on either head, or liver. I will vomit back to understand what Google understands when trying to drive this opening post, to translate into japanese into japanese.

Care for me to run it again?
Fine, you're no fun, here's the original incomprehensible trash I wrote rather than incomprehensible trash created after having it translated twice.

Final Fantasy IV (Also known as Final Fantasy II in America until Final Fantasy VII revealed a few missing numerals) Was released for the SNES in 1991. Translated by Ted Woolsey in some blend of censorship and goofiness it is one of the classics in gaming. Since its even numbered in both releases it is alright in Demerine's book.

Now since it was a goofy translation to deal with storage limitations, censorship and Japanese jokes it was held together by ducktape and prayer wish. Noted localizer Tomato (Star Ocean and Bahamut Lagoon fan translations for the SNES, Mother 3 for GBA) decided to run the Japenese Script through Google Translate and then shove the results back into the game. The results, in the best case can only be described as spoony. He's generated 2 patches, one from before Google became self-aware changed to a neural net engine and one after. The patch I'm using is the one after. So sadly we won't be neutralizing Germany.
http://legendsoflocalization.com/funky-fantasy-iv/

With me will be liquidypoo, Demerine, and my wife Lady Not-Appearing-In-This-Forum Dragon.

A couple further notes
This is the original Final Fantasy IV. The one that Japan started with before it was watered down and made into "easy type" or the one that we got with dozens of dummied out items and things.
From Tomato's Readme file "4. Be warned that Google Translate has no soul and likes to say horrible things sometimes. I don't approve of any of its offensive ramblings." I am probably going to blur or otherwise edit something if its really incredibly wrong.

Spoiler Policy:
It's an old game, go hog wild on talking about it. But don't spoil the surprises we'll find in the translation.

Now for the fun part, you may have noticed the fact that I've either taken a few shots to the head, or a couple shots to the liver. I'm shoving this Opening Post into Bing translate into Japanese, then going to try and see what Google comprehends and spits back out.

Last Illusion IV - 01 Vexation
02 Check out their Strum
03 Full Frontal N-nooo
04 Losing his poo over antlion

Edit: There's a glitch in the patch I originally played that softlocks the game after Kainazzo. Tomato updated the patch about a week ago. I only ran the game long enough to confirm saves carried over alright, but will resume tomorrow to make sure it behaves.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 29, 2017

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Check out their Strum

Alternative title "It was a long half hour"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

03 Full Frontal N-nooo

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9zkTn6SR-c

Obviously my lp of the machine translation of FFIV is dead, but there was one more joke I did that needs to be inflicted on people.

The patch I started on had a fatal bug that softlocks the game after the second Fiend as the walls start to close in.

Now concludes my attempt to distract.

e: There was a patch that ironically was released the day before I reached the softlock. I did proceed past this point but just stopped doing stuff a few hours later.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 4, 2018

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

GamesAreSupernice posted:

have you considered like, trying to separate yourself from the mass of other casual playthroughs by being super informative and doing A-Ranks instead

have you considered like, reading the OP, or failing that the first 3 words in the thread title?

Now I'm just going to watch this one of the mass of casual play throughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So months ago I was considering doing the Pixel Remaster of Final Fantasy 2. It was around March or whatever so I wanted to make an april fools joke about the mechanics.

Between hearing about the inevitable switch release and how it was supposed to bring various fixes and poo poo to the steam release and real life I didn't do anything beyond a few hours of footage. But anyway, here's the "joke"

Greater than and Greater than Killer SuDoKuFinal Fantasy Pixel Remaster 2 - game mechanics