Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Trizophenie posted:

It's been about a year since I finished my LP of the PC version, and now it's finally time to dive into what I actually think is the better version of the game.
So yeah, welcome to Star Wars - The Force Unleashed II, this time for Wii.
Because I originally thought this version would be bad (I mean, look at how horrible the Wii version of the first game is, courtesy of WeaponBoy), this is a blind playthrough, done in two sessions, with post-commentary.

Joining me in this first episode are Simply Simon, kalonZombie and nine-gear crow.

:siren:Warning, this episode contains spoilers for The Force Awakens:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxMcKiFkvBk

Dead Space 3 footage courtesy of CJacobs
Altman be praised!

Having played through the PS3 version and even let's played it, I'm kind of wondering how this one will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play Miami Vice: The Game

Miami Vice for the PSP was an official tie-in to the movie reboot. For some reason it features an in-depth drug trading simulation system that you can use to buy upgrades for your guns, clothes, information, or more drugs. It got a pretty middling reception, but as a fan of third person shooters, I think it's alright. The arcadey gameplay befits a portable title and there's some depth to the collectibles and their functionality. Also there's a weed baron.

My game capture broke and I am bored so this is what I am doing with my life until I get it replaced.

Videos:

That's everything!

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 17, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

El Generico posted:

My 10-year-old nephew wants to be an LP Superstar, so I played MAME with him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whK1w8pr7fE

While we're at it I don't think I linked this originally, me and my LP partner tungsten play bizarre Japanese arcade 'gem' PuLiRuLa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s6X5yRa-W4

I can't paste these goddamn YouTube URLs in without them parsing into tags, gently caress

I hope this helps!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Not vaporwave.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

How to accidentally flood the Casual LP thread with drugs in four easy videos.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

club explosion

club pop

club boom

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

Right, so after a series of unfortunate accidents, I'm back with another attempt to get my audio balance and speaking habits to something resembling a watchable level, except this time I handicap myself further by playing a game a)blind b)that's supposed to be poo poo:
Let's Play Legendary 01 - Everybody Jump!

Any feedback, technical or otherwise, is very much appreciated, the idea is that I try to fix issues between videos. I can't seem to fix the table.

Wow, I never thought I'd actually see anyone playing Legendary.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

0,75 Euro in a Steam sale. Figured it could at least be entertainingly bad.

Godspeed.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The end of our special adventures in Miami.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Trizophenie posted:

Stuff on a space ship.

This level is filler. You can cut it out and still be left with nothing missing from the game. I don't care about spoilers any more.

S'getting to you a little?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

While I do love the Saturn's library, I feel like I would never find any use from an American one.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

Bug and Bug 2.

Besides those.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

Don't you dare poo poo-talk the greatest platformer of a generation!

Which generation?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

They both look okay, but they're available for the Japanese Saturn as well.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

mikeycp posted:

Just pop that Action Replay in and you're good to go, my dude.

I like you already

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Angrymog posted:

We open a chest.

How succinct.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snak posted:

So, I was trying to make a real thread for this, but I'm a big noob and didn't really have any interest, so the thread is literally empty. I'm really new at this, but I think it is appropriate for me to just post it here instead. I made a post in the thread saying that further updates would be posted here, and I just go finished with part 3 today, so...

Let's Play Uncharted 1! (remastered for ps4)
as played by a noob who's both terrible at games and at LPs.
I'm still playing around with my auto ducking settings, so if anyone does end up watching these, I'd really appreciate feedback on audio quality related things. Any feedback really.

Part 1: The Boat to Eldorado
In this video, we get through the first tutorialy sections, fighting some pirates and getting into some light platforming traversal. We don't actually sail a boat to Eldorado. Or get Eldorado at all. Sully isn't very happy about it.

Part 2: Elena Punches Me in the Face
With the tutorialy sections over, we get into some real platforming and combat. The platforming reminds me of Tomb Raider in a good way.

Part 3: Two Trees, One Plane
In this part, Nathan loses his map, which I assume, is why this game is called "Uncharted".

Audio seems okay to me, capture is perfect. Not my favorite let's play of the game but on a technical level you're doing fine.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snak posted:

Thanks! Yeah, learning to talk while I play and giving worthwhile commentary is definitely my biggest challenge. The angle I'm going for in general with my LPs is going to be discussing game design, but even with a focus in mind, I end up just narrating what I'm doing a lot of the time :\. Thanks for checking it out and I'm glad that it seems good technically!

Thanks!

I can tell what you're going for, and you'll get there, especially if you're aware of any problems. My first let's plays weren't spectacular either but I was unashamedly passionate, don't be afraid to be you. Keep trying and remember to have faith in yourself.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snak posted:

It really doesn't help that I'm doing blind LPs. If I was doing a game that I knew better, I could formulate a more cohesive commentary. But I'm not super interested in replaying anything right now, and blind LPs are what I find the most interesting, so I figure it's good practice if I want to do them in the future, even if it was a poor choice for my first two.

Challenging yourself is an important part of learning, so I wouldn't call it a poor choice. Mark of Kri and Uncharted have drat good design, but that's a perfect reason to cut your teeth on them.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

mikeycp posted:

Don't worry! At the very least you can rest knowing that it would be very hard to be worse than my LPs.

Every time you post, I link someone the image in your avatar. If nothing else, that should make you feel good about what you do.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Look I don't know what your old avatar was but this new one is the best one.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Or keep the breathing in and do ASMR let's plays!

Get all those crisp saliva noises in there.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

LogicalFallacy posted:

I finally got off my lazy rear end and recorded another video! This time, we start making our way through Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge. This was a game I quite enjoyed when I was younger, and one of the first games I was able to 100%. I do state that it was an early PlayStation title in the video, which of course I found out was false when I looked it up after recording. The popping in the cut-scenes will hopefully get fixed in the next video, as will my noisy-as-hell controller sounds. And so, without further ado, the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeZnlU3qkx4

THis game is so weird

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snak posted:

In the lowest effort of all posts, my roommate wanted to do a LP, so she's doing the playing and we're both doing the talking and I'm doing all the actual video production. Like, clicking record and upload.
She's playing Resident Evil 4, and I have no idea how often we're going to be updating, but here's part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDsWVXPSnFc

In other news, part 5 of my Uncharted 1 playthrough is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQ--xVgfq0
I didn't make a banner type dealy for it yet. Still getting back in the swing of things after playing overwatch for 3 straight weeks instead of working on any of my LP stuff at all.

It's good to see you still playing Uncharted

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snak posted:

One thing I noticed when working the kinks out of my setup is that I couldn't plug my mic's USB plug into a USB hub. It would work, but it introduced a bunch of noise. Plugging it straight into my laptop eliminated that completely.

That's weird, I wonder what specifically causes something like that.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Trizophenie posted:

Still on the Salvation, nothing to see here, move along.

We got one more entire video on the Salvation to go, because pacing isn't this games selling point.

How big is the Salvation?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Trizophenie posted:

In the Wii version it's a Nebulon B-2 frigate, so that's ~250m length in total. Totally big enough for all the time we run around in it.

You win this round, starwars.wikia.com

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

You also missed the entirety of my Miami Vice let's play, but to be fair I did upload that very quickly.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh woops. No I didn't request it, my bad. And it doesn't need to be in the OP, I just thought you were doing a completionist run so I was meaning to be helpful.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

ThornBrain posted:

Forgot to upload Part 9 yesterday, so here we are. Part 8 is the changeover between the first stream and the second, so my guests change to a couple friends and fans.

This is a great idea and I'm happy you seem to be enjoying it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Wayne posted:

Any thoughts?

Don't worry about it. If you can handle the load, upload and share as many games as you want. If I've learned anything from my time on the Let's Play subforum, it's that running three simultaneous LPs is perfectly doable and a lot of fun.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

LogicalFallacy posted:

New catchphrase, eh?

My new microphone arrived today, so to celebrate I got off my lazy rear end and put together another Frogger episode! I was a bit congested during recording, and I was sort of pissed off on account of the several attempts I had to scrap, but hopefully that didn't affect things too much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFhHRjIXIcU

Cool, I was wondering if you were doing more.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

LogicalFallacy posted:

Yeah. My first scrapped attempt at part 2 was actually done a while ago. I just got extremely pissed off at it and left it be for a while when I went to merge my audio tracks and realized that my mic had been muted the entire time. I haven't been completely ignoring LP stuff though. I've been working at figuring out how to do a subtitled LP, so I can have something nice for my first non-casual thread LP.

What are you going to play? Or is that a secret?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Glad you're still at it

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snak posted:

Thanks. It's my most constructive hobby.
Yeah, I haven't recorded any new footage at the new place yet. I'm dreading it. It seems much more echo-y and stuff I feel. But I will manage.

Sitting closer to the mic might help in that case

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Kangra posted:

Something like the Graviteam games would be pretty neat with some of these mechanics, too.

Graviteam?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Mappo posted:

The Wizards play Super Mario Lost Levels!

My friends Lee, Tony and I have started up our own Lets Play Youtube Channel where we play video games and make jokes. Come check it out if you want.

I will watch because I like the care bears avatar.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

The worst part about Planet Scalp is its inhabitants are a buncha flakes!!

:v:

Boooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Man, turok owns bones.

Is that slang